Confirmed with Link: Jacob Trouba arbitration award (1 year, 5.5 AAV)

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
I also think you could interpret this as an indication that having Trouba at 5.5 instead of 7+ million gives them a stronger roster for this season.

I Interpreted it this way, but when I think about it, I am not sure how so. We still had to shed salary this offseason by offloading Armia and Mason, we didnt retain Stastny along with us having a couple of million in cap room to start the season.

If it made us stronger, not sure where exactly

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Chevy dodged the question when asked if he views Trouba as a long-term Jet:

"There’s been lot of different discussions that we’ve had with his group. The way this year worked out, with a one-year deal, I think it’s going to be beneficial to both sides."

Lets just hope this situation with Trouba won't be a distraction. He's one hell of a player but if he doesn't want to be here, he doesn't want to be here.

I also think you could interpret this as an indication that having Trouba at 5.5 instead of 7+ million gives them a stronger roster for this season.

I Interpreted it this way, but when I think about it, I am not sure how so. We still had to shed salary this offseason by offloading Armia and Mason, we didnt retain Stastny along with us having a couple of million in cap room to start the season.

If it made us stronger, not sure where exactly
Another interpretation is it allows for cap space to be used in a different way that benefits the organization. The difference between Trouba at $7+ and 5.5 is the approx difference for a Morrissey long term deal over a Morrissey bridge deal.

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
Another interpretation is it allows for cap space to be used in a different way that benefits the organization. The difference between Trouba at $7+ and 5.5 is the approx difference for a Morrissey long term deal over a Morrissey bridge deal.
Good point. Lets hope it happens this week.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

Very different tone when discussing Morrissey vs Trouba by Chevy. I'm more optimistic we see a long term deal for JoMo in the coming days.

Reactions: Ares

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
I think both sides can be happy with Trouba's deal. I think his dad and his agent are the biggest reasons he doesn't sign long term. And if he has a good year, he increases his value, and his trade value at the draft. Good for both parties. Detroit will have cap space and assets, seems like the perfect time to send him home. In the meantime the Jets go into this season with the best 1-3 RD in the league. Hands down. Myers showed he can move up with Buff to make a true top 4 when called upon too. And we have young talent still knocking on the door. Hellebuyck is a good young goalie locked up. We have assets to find a backup if we need.

So all the pieces are in place. For another run.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Very different tone when discussing Morrissey vs Trouba by Chevy. I'm more optimistic we see a long term deal for JoMo in the coming days.
Everyday I hope it is the day we see a Morrissey signing. You'd have to think it needs to happen before camp opens at the end of the week.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Everyday I hope it is the day we see a Morrissey signing. You'd have to think it needs to happen before camp opens at the end of the week.

I still think we get a deal announced tomorrow. Start the week off with a bang like with the Wheeler deal.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I still think we get a deal announced tomorrow. Start the week off with a bang like with the Wheeler deal.
That would be nice. Selfishly I'd prefer a Sunday as I have a lot more free time to discuss it. Last week I was just arriving at the office with a 100 things on my plate when the Wheeler signing was announced.

Reactions: Oseductive

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
That would be nice. Selfishly I'd prefer a Sunday as I have a lot more free time to discuss it. Last week I was just arriving at the office with a 100 things on my plate when the Wheeler signing was announced.

Hey, priorities. I seem to recall May 31, 2011 as being a decidedly unproductive day at the office. :nod:

Reactions: voyageur

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Hey, priorities. I seem to recall May 31, 2011 as being a decidedly unproductive day at the office. :nod:

I remember I had hurt my back, but that did not stop me from playing street hockey on Portage and Main, with a jersey courtesy of Sara Orlevsky (that I gave to a foster kid) until they shut us down. Made a few defensive plays, dirty dangles, and two leg stacks before that. Needless to say my boss understood.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad