Jacob Markstrom - Not Impressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
I mentioned this in the prospects thread, but Markstrom reminds me of the fat goalie in beer league that just stands/butterflys there and hopes the puck hits him because of his size. He can't play angles at all. Slightly ot, but why was Shields brought in? Not trying to diss him, but the only good part about his career were his masks. Sean Burke is a god in Phoenix, isn't there someone with a similar reputation the team could bring in? A guy like Burke could probably turn Markie around.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
I mentioned this in the prospects thread, but Markstrom reminds me of the fat goalie in beer league that just stands/butterflys there and hopes the puck hits him because of his size. He can't play angles at all. Slightly ot, but why was Shields brought in? Not trying to diss him, but the only good part about his career were his masks. Sean Burke is a god in Phoenix, isn't there someone with a similar reputation the team could bring in? A guy like Burke could probably turn Markie around.

LOL the guy with the offcenter catepillar on his face is your avatar (I liked him by the way), played to yer above description many times...I'd like to see Beezer come and fix that. I **** on anyone who thinks he wasn't the best angular goalie ever...

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
LOL the guy with the offcenter catepillar on his face is your avatar (I liked him by the way), played to yer above description many times...I'd like to see Beezer come and fix that. I **** on anyone who thinks he wasn't the best angular goalie ever...

I only have Kidd as my avy because he has the greatest custom equipment of all time, and becuase he was almost certainly a huge stoner, which I find hilarious (his 2001 hockey card says he's a big fan of alt rock and John Grisham novels, and combine that with his surfer look...)

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
I only have Kidd as my avy because he has the greatest custom equipment of all time, and becuase he was almost certainly a huge stoner, which I find hilarious (his 2001 hockey card says he's a big fan of alt rock and John Grisham novels, and combine that with his surfer look...)

I confirm yer suspicions, he had a boat at lighthouse pt. marina...was either he or his neighbor that made the dock smell damn good that summer of 2001.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
beezer called his players for n-word so he'd be too bad pr

Who gives a ****, every single black celebrity has the need to constantly point out skin color. Hell the Presidential race was won twice with the media focused on skin color alone!

People need to get over it.

Beezer is part of our history, bigger, trigger, digger. It was A mistake. Who gives a ****, he'd be great as a coach here.

gudzilla

Aug 9, 2012
Who gives a ****, every single black celebrity has the need to constantly point out skin color. Hell the Presidential race was won twice with the media focused on skin color alone!

People need to get over it.

Beezer is part of our history, bigger, trigger, digger. It was A mistake. Who gives a ****, he'd be great as a coach here.

im just saying thats why he had to quit coaching. he was a headcoach AFAIK, not sure how he'll do as a goaltending coach. remember he was small and a reflex goaltender

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
im just saying thats why he had to quit coaching. he was a headcoach AFAIK, not sure how he'll do as a goaltending coach. remember he was small and a reflex goaltender

That's correct. Sticking solely to goaltending shouldn't be out of his realm.
He was a positional goalie above all, that to me is why he'd be the best man for the job here.

AussiePanther7

Oct 22, 2013
All this hate for Markstrom.... what annoys me most is our defense other then Markstrom aren't copping the same flak..

Maybe if our defenders actually played defense and didn't allow for such easy holes for our opponents to shoot the puck then Markstrom wouldn't be copping it all.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
All this hate for Markstrom.... what annoys me most is our defense other then Markstrom aren't copping the same flak..

Maybe if our defenders actually played defense and didn't allow for such easy holes for our opponents to shoot the puck then Markstrom wouldn't be copping it all.

If I was Mike Weaver, I'd *****slap everyone.

Erick*

And maybe if Markstrom would stop allowing goals from the side of the net...or maybe if Markstrom could make a save without allowing a rebound, our defense might play with more confidence. It works both ways. Stop making excuses for either unit.

Hariken

Apr 7, 2013
Pains me to say this as a swede but this guy just isn't good enough for NHL. He sucks ass and has no future here whatsoever. Just comparing his play with that of Lehner and it gets all too obvious.

gudzilla

Aug 9, 2012
Pains me to say this as a swede but this guy just isn't good enough for NHL. He sucks ass and has no future here whatsoever. Just comparing his play with that of Lehner and it gets all too obvious.

lehner doesnt play behind as bad of a team

Erick*

lehner doesnt play behind as bad of a team

Lehner steals games for his team. Don't let the team's record deceive you. Ottawa has been mediocre for years now, but they've been blessed with very good goaltending. Lehner, Anderson, and Bishop when he was there. Lehner is awesome. Go ask any Ottawa fan if their defense is any good and see what type of responses you get. Lehner nearly faced 60 shots in a game the other day.

gudzilla

Aug 9, 2012
Lehner steals games for his team. Don't let the team's record deceive you. Ottawa has been mediocre for years now, but they've been blessed with very good goaltending. Lehner, Anderson, and Bishop when he was there. Lehner is awesome. Go ask any Ottawa fan if their defense is any good and see what type of responses you get. Lehner nearly faced 60 shots in a game the other day.

shots =/= scoring chances

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary

He loved the indoor hot tubs in Calgary, and some women questioned what type of diseases were floating around in that water as well. A different type of cat from the stories I heard.

Sykwitit

Mar 2, 2013

Ottawa's D is still more competent than the ECHL bunch we have. Not too mention he has all stars in Spezza, Ryan and a once in a generation dynamic d-man in Karlsson giving him run support.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
I'd also kill to have Methot on this team. A dude who could handle Karlssons d-mistakes and eat those minutes.

Chino Oscar

Jul 22, 2002
West Palm Beach

For as much as you like to talk Lehner up, those were two pretty "soft" goals he allowed today.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
For as much as you like to talk Lehner up, those were two pretty "soft" goals he allowed today.

Disagree, first was a guy with a mile and a half of reach walking in from the side of the net-arguably the toughest for goalies short of a screened shot.

That Goc shot was not only ****ing incredible, but he was screened when shot was taken.

YOU stop those!

Under the same amount of help, Lehner wouldn't save this team any better than Thomas or Markstrom IMO.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
1st one Lehner misplayed. Went down early and had his stick too far out. Then again he didn't expect the Bjuggernaut to bounce Karlsson off the puck lol. 2nd was a screen, no chance.

gudzilla

Aug 9, 2012
Disagree, first was a guy with a mile and a half of reach walking in from the side of the net-arguably the toughest for goalies short of a screened shot.

That Goc shot was not only ****ing incredible, but he was screened when shot was taken.

YOU stop those!

Under the same amount of help, Lehner wouldn't save this team any better than Thomas or Markstrom IMO.

the thing is here that these would be classified as soft if they were against florida

bjugstad just WALKED in on him and put it around him, lehner should have had that

about the snipe? screened but should have had it anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad