Jacob Markstrom - Not Impressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erick*

I really can't believe this is even a discussion right now.

Lehner is way better than Markstrom right now. Maybe you guys should post a thread on the main board titled "Lehner or Markstrom" or re-visit the ones from when they were prospects. Let's see how many "Lehner would probably be terrible in Florida too" posts you'd get.

One guy is among the leaders in save% in the NHL and the other is going back to the AHL today despite being the older one of the two. Keep justifying it though.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
1st one Lehner misplayed. Went down early and had his stick too far out. Then again he didn't expect the Bjuggernaut to bounce Karlsson off the puck lol. 2nd was a screen, no chance.

Not sure how this makes sense...play was along the ice, no such thing as down too early in this instance. Stick too far out, as opposed to against his pads? Not a goalie in hell could maintain balance doing so...like I said a guy walking in from the side and then with Bjug's reach, wouldn't have ended well unless Bjugs himself goofed it up. He could've roofed it too, then it wouldn't have mattered, not until we have a yokozuna goalie who is 4" tall and 6" wide.

Erick*

Safe to say the team allowing 37 shots per game doesn't limit scoring chances very well. But hey, why don't you guys go ask Ottawa fans about how great their defense is? Lehner is just another goalie. Or maybe he's just a goalie who occasionally steals some games for his team unlike our Messiah.

Maybe since you're all so interested in scoring chances, you'd find a stat that shows how many scoring chances each team is allowing per game. I guarantee you the differential isn't going to be that great. The major difference is just that one goalie is better than the other. Let's make some more excuses for Markstrom though. It's ok, Marky! Hooray!

Erick*

It's hyperbole. Sound familiar?

No? What's the hyperbole in my statements?

Lehner is a much better goalie than Markstrom at this point in their respective careers.
Markstrom has not played well.
Markstrom is going back to the AHL soon.

Any of those not facts?

Other than that, I'm just making fun of the people who continue to make excuses for him just because of his age (which by the way is reaching the point where he can no longer even be considered a prospect...our baby boy is going to be 24 soon).

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
No? What's the hyperbole in my statements?

Lehner is a much better goalie than Markstrom at this point in their respective careers.
Markstrom has not played well.
Markstrom is going back to the AHL soon.

Any of those not facts?

Other than that, I'm just making fun of the people who continue to make excuses for him just because of his age (which by the way is reaching the point where he can no longer even be considered a prospect...our baby boy is going to be 24 soon).

Right, whatever you say. Everyone of your posts for about the last week has been overflowing with hyperbole.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
Don't agree with it but now on Marky to earn back his spot. Can't watch Clemmer on this team though. We've suffered enough with him between the pipes.

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
But he was doing just fine. :sarcasm:

Stop with the hyperbole!

Now you can stop the embellished hate Marky with his whopping 40 nhl games, which has permeated gdts he's not even playing.

and you can enjoy Lemmer, last years NHL worst goalie wind his career down.

Good on you.

Erick*

Now you can stop the embellished hate on the kid with his 40 nhl games, which has permeated gdts he's not even playing.

and you can enjoy cemmer, last years NHL worst goalie wind his career down.

Good on you.

It's funny how when Markstrom sucks, you and many others blame it on the defense.
When Clemmer sucks, he's the worst goalie in the NHL.

What's the difference?

Markstrom is exactly where he belongs. Hopefully he comes back playing a lot better the next time he's promoted.

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
To be fair, we've suffered more with Markstrom between the pipes.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

He cost us game 6 of the playoffs.
He was an NHL embarrassment last year.

I attend almost every game, and the clemmer suffering has been unmeasurable. Most paying for a ticket would rather watch a kid improve then a washed up lifetime backup.

Last edited:

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
It's funny how when Markstrom sucks, you and many others blame it on the defense.
When Clemmer sucks, he's the worst goalie in the NHL.

What's the difference?

Markstrom is exactly where he belongs. Hopefully he comes back playing a lot better the next time he's promoted.

Marky has struggled mightily to begin this season. His career is in front of him. Don't mind paying to watch him improve like i did beezer, richter etal.

Clemmer for gods sake is a lifetime backup whose horrific ...why would i pay to see him?

Erick*

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

He cost us game 6 of the playoffs.
He was an NHL embarrassment last year.

I attend almost every game, and the clemmer suffering is unmeasurable. Most paying for a ticket would rather watch a kid improve then a washed up lifetime backup.

This is pathetic.

Clemmer was one of the main reasons we made the playoffs that year.
I don't even like Clemmer, but we've definitely suffered more with Markstrom in net. Don't be ridiculous.

Clemmer as a Panther: 34-33-18
Markstrom: 11-24-5

My statement is factual unless you enjoy losing at a higher rate.

The fact that we're comparing the two shows just how disappointing Markstrom has been.

Erick*

Marky has struggled mightily to begin this season. His career is in front of him.

Clemmer for gods sake is a lifetime backup whose horrific ...why would i pay to see him?

I never said otherwise.
Once again though, the only argument for Markstrom is potential.

RIGHT NOW, Jacob Markstrom is no better than Scott Clemmensen. The proof is in the numbers. The proof is in this demotion.

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
I never said otherwise.
Once again though, the only argument for Markstrom is potential.

RIGHT NOW, Jacob Markstrom is no better than Scott Clemmensen
. The proof is in the numbers. The proof is in this demotion.

Thanks for making my point!

Since neither are better right now , who wouldn't rather have our rookie over the lifetime backup?

The proof is in the demotion? Seriously, learn the business of Hockey...who has the 2 way contract? Whose cheaper to send down? proof...jeez.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad