Prospect Info: Jacob Bryson (2017, 99th) signed 3 year ELC, ATO with Rochester

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
What's his ceiling? He looked amazing at times today.

I'm already intrigued at the possibility of a Bryson-Borgen pair

2 others

Mar 9, 2021
I think he deserves another thread, call it "the Brys is right" (i believe that's his nickname) to glorify the few good things within this crappy org right now.

Dex

Complementary
Sponsor
Dec 5, 2011
Under Deep Cover
Fortunately or unfortunately, I'm not as adept at finding flaws in players' games as many of the posters on this board. Bryson, Cozens, and Reinhart might be the only thing keeping me with any degree of positivity with this year's team. Of course it seems that half the board appears to want to trade Reinhart - so there's that. (I know that's an exaggeration)

Not a game that Bryson has played that I haven't thought multiple times that he's the best guy on the ice. Or at least the best Sabre. I don't know if it's his lightening fast speed, his vision on the ice, his speed, his passing, how he jumps into the play, or his speed.

There was a question about his ceiling upthread. I'm at the point this year is that if this is all he's got - that's great. I'm just waiting for the speed, passing, spontaneity and excitement gets coached out of him.

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
He definitely jumps off the page when you watch this team right now. Not sure if that’s an indication of how good he is, or if he just hasn’t been infected by Sabreitis yet. Fun to watch though for sure, I wish the team would give guys like him and Borgen chances before being forced into it by injuries.

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
Fortunately or unfortunately, I'm not as adept at finding flaws in players' games as many of the posters on this board. Bryson, Cozens, and Reinhart might be the only thing keeping me with any degree of positivity with this year's team. Of course it seems that half the board appears to want to trade Reinhart - so there's that. (I know that's an exaggeration)

Not a game that Bryson has played that I haven't thought multiple times that he's the best guy on the ice. Or at least the best Sabre. I don't know if it's his lightening fast speed, his vision on the ice, his speed, his passing, how he jumps into the play, or his speed.

There was a question about his ceiling upthread. I'm at the point this year is that if this is all he's got - that's great. I'm just waiting for the speed, passing, spontaneity and excitement gets coached out of him.
Maybe it’s his speed?

Reactions: Dex

Ehran

Sponsor
Feb 2, 2019
Texas
He's one of the few Sabres, it seems, that processes the game at full speed. He just seems to know what to do with the puck. He's still a rookie so there are mistakes, but definitely signs of a very good player.

Reactions: Dux917

Cirris

Nov 10, 2006
Crackport
He's one of the few Sabres, it seems, that processes the game at full speed. He just seems to know what to do with the puck. He's still a rookie so there are mistakes, but definitely signs of a very good player.

Yeah, that 2 on oh my gosh Malkin goal was quite the rookie mistake on his part.

2 others

Mar 9, 2021
He looks like a compact car, as if there is no separation between his extremities, from head to toe. He's a keg on ice, and we all love the contents of the cask.

Reactions: Chainshot

dasaybz

da saybz
Aug 2, 2005
I absolutely love Bryson. His skating is unbelievable. He really reminds me of Brian Campbell. He's probably smaller and a better skater but he needs to be a fixture in this lineup for a very long time. Really impressed.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Probably one of the two or three things out of the season that has brought me joy is seeing Bryson not just making the club but making an impact. It’s all about the feet and the brain.

Reactions: Old Navy Goat

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad