Jun 26, 2007
I hate losing and I hate losses where there's no real cultprit or reason

We're just not good enough; it isn't that the team is bad, they aren't

Just not good enough, **** me is it annoying

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I'm starting to real towards a top pick myself... Never thought I would say that.

Just lost all hope for the rest of the season

Whether we cheer for it or not, the team will get a high pick. I'm just watching the games with zero expectations at this point and hope we improve throughout.

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
Whether we cheer for it or not, the team will get a high pick. I'm just watching the games with zero expectations at this point and hope we improve throughout.

I still get freaking pissed at each lost. And I find it pretty sad to see people cheer on goals against. Anyway enjoy your evening fellas.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
I'm starting to real towards a top pick myself... Never thought I would say that.

Just lost all hope for the rest of the season

Gotta get those darn Laffs to start winning again. Not enough to make the playoffs but enough to ruin their picks

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I hate losing and I hate losses where there's no real cultprit or reason

We're just not good enough; it isn't that the team is bad, they aren't

Just not good enough, **** me is it annoying

That's pretty much it.

We really have to hope our kids and young vets (like Turris and Karlsson) improve by leaps and bounds to develop into a playoff team some time down the road.

We really need an infusion of top tier talent on both the forward and defensive ranks.

blahblah3

Jan 8, 2010
Our defense sucks, and so does The Lehner. Just the way it is. Ceci might be good at some point. Cowen is total junk. Gryba is mediocre at best. Phillips is done. Which leaves Methot who has a bad back, and Karlsson who can't do everything.
BM's legacy.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Lehner seems emotionally volatile. Not sure if thats a good thing. He needs to put goals, games and media members opinions behind him.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
I think I'm leaning heavily towards trading Methot and finding a puck moving D for the left side. The Sens need much more offense from the back end than they are getting.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
For all the pro tankers out there, has it occurred to you that the pick may be a bust? Just curious.

What do you suggest people do instead? Pray to the hockey gods to give all the guys hand transplants?

We just aren't a good hockey team. We lack skill and heart. People are simply trying to cling to any hope wherever they can find it, whether it's the promise of a high pick, or some sort of magical turnaround or a big trade that fleeces some other GM out of a star.

What else can we do?

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Lehner seems emotionally volatile. Not sure if thats a good thing. He needs to put goals, games and media members opinions behind him.

Patrick Roy had the same type of personality. He was able to channel it into a HHOF career.

Maybe Lehner can do the same (not necessarily as a hall of famer, but to forge a strong career for himself).

h2

Mar 26, 2002

Again, Daniel Alfredsson would get just as visibly frustrated yet I didn't see fans label him as emotionally volatile.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
For all the pro tankers out there, has it occurred to you that the pick may be a bust? Just curious.

Maybe. But then again our hypothetical 10th overall pick might be a bust too. There's generally a greater chance of that happening.

Either way a few extra wins while still missing the playoffs means NOTHING in the long term. They will all be forgotten soon anyway.

The Expert

Registered Expert
Aug 31, 2008
BC
What do you suggest people do instead? Pray to the hockey gods to give all the guys hand transplants?

We just aren't a good hockey team. We lack skill and heart. People are simply trying to cling to any hope wherever they can find it, whether it's the promise of a high pick, or some sort of magical turnaround or a big trade that fleeces some other GM out of a star.

What else can we do?

Not actively root against the team? What he's asking isn't ridiculous at all. I understand where that opinion is coming from, thinking of the future, but pretending it's the only option is a little much.

otown

Sep 4, 2009
That's pretty much it.

We really have to hope our kids and young vets (like Turris and Karlsson) improve by leaps and bounds to develop into a playoff team some time down the road.

We really need an infusion of top tier talent on both the forward and defensive ranks.

Totally agree. Need some size with speed and skill to support guys like Turris. In a long playoff run (someday) the sens undersize guys would be worn down. Have to build a team for the playoff run. It's a whole new level of play!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad