Jackets - Leafs best of 5 play-in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toe Pick

Jun 13, 2011
Columbus, OH
One thing to consider for the next game is that we will get last change. That could be helpful maybe.
The “vets” have been atrocious. Foligno playing lazy and taking stupid penalties, some “leader” huh? Atkinson looking as slow as a snail and cherry picking (even on the PK).

Realistically we only have Dubois, Bjorkstrand, maybe Nyquist, Werenski and Jones as guys that can score. That’s just not good enough. Not sure how people still have confidence in this team considering what we saw vs Boston last year..

At this point put Foudy on the top line, and give Riley Nash middle six minutes.

19-18-28 vs Tavares Line
14-20-52 vs Kapanen Line
10-38-13 vs Matthews Line
42-71-50 vs 4th Line

also our powerplay sucks, maybe let the 2nd unit start next game? If I watch Bjorkstand shoot into some dudes shins again I might break my TV.

Also if I have to choose between PLD and Torts it’s an easy decision. PLD.

Agree with all of this especially the forward vets outside of Nash who've been horrible. I'd also put Bemstrom on the top pp unit -- he's got the best one timer on this team and we hardly utilize it.

The thing I don't agree with is the Torts thing -- mostly because I'm still dreaming of packaging Dubois for a real gamebreaker in Eichel.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
He played 13 minutes last game. Less than offensive gurus Foligno and Jenner, and Foudy nearly passed him in ice time. He’s really pushing the team offensively.

Also, not to just single out tex, but Nyquist has been incredibly disappointing these two games as well.

You...you do understand possession stats aren't entirely about offense, right? Like if I say his CF% is the 2nd-best on the team...half of that equation comes from limiting shots when he's on the ice.

All the forwards have sucked. I'm not sure why you're so intent on singling out Tex.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
The Leafs had the last line change in games 1 and 2 which is a large advantage. Now, their best defensive blueliner is out for the series so the Jackets can target that 3rd pairing, Barrie and Marincin. I think they will be able to put up some crooked numbers these next 2 games.

The other two pairings are Dermott-Holl and Rielly-Ceci.

All three pairings are easy pickings if they get in on the forecheck. In game one it was free pucks anytime they got there, game two they didn't get there.

Reactions: thebus88

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
You...you do understand possession stats aren't entirely about offense, right? Like if I say his CF% is the 2nd-best on the team...half of that equation comes from limiting shots when he's on the ice.

All the forwards have sucked. I'm not sure why you're so intent on singling out Tex.

Oh, you mean the rookie who's playing his first games after a back fracture? He gets more slack from me than any other forward on the team.

ClevelandUke

Aug 4, 2020
Heres the deal, its a 2-2 series that Toronto has only out played us for about 4 periods and 5 minutes. We have shown plenty that we can win sunday if we are fully staffed. the scoring has come around in the last 2 games, if Elvis didnt have a mental breakdown we are probably talking about our next playoff game. We can sunday, but we have to be aggressive start to finish, and i think we end up getting Korpi back in the net.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Heres the deal, its a 2-2 series that Toronto has only out played us for about 4 periods and 5 minutes. We have shown plenty that we can win sunday if we are fully staffed. the scoring has come around in the last 2 games, if Elvis didnt have a mental breakdown we are probably talking about our next playoff game. We can sunday, but we have to be aggressive start to finish, and i think we end up getting Korpi back in the net.
The entire team had a breakdown. Let’s call a spade a spade here. Was he perfect? No but this is not all on Elvis.

Reactions: ColumbusOwl

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Jackets scored 2 goals
Leafs scored 5 goals
Jackets scored 7 goals
Leafs scored 4 goals

The scores of consecutive games the same but reversed, not only in the finals tally but how we got there.

it’d be interesting if we weren’t coming off last night’s result.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Mostly agreed, except when it comes to pointing fingers at Elvis specifically. That was a team effort.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Torts: "I need to come up with a foolproof plan to ensure we beat the Leafs in game 5...

I GOT IT!!!"
FB_IMG_1596866674476.jpg

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
Look on the bright side. For months, the whole hockey world was starved for something to talk about and wondering when games would happen again.

Well, the jackets are giving everyone an extra game to watch, and something hockey-related for everyone to talk about.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
its 99% on elvis. you can not let 3 goals in in 4 minutes. that should NEVER happen.
And who let them all in to take those shots? The D let them in between the face off dots down low too easily. The Leaves skated circles around the team the last 5 minutes. The went on cruise control after Boone scored and they got burned.

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
The finger pointing and blame game is indeed rampant around here. Glad to hear that the only thing the team is pointing fingers at is tomorrows game.

Cam: "They clearly wanted it more than us. We'll be ready to go for Sunday."

Reactions: Xoggz22 and Viqsi

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
The finger pointing and blame game is indeed rampant around here. Glad to hear that the only thing the team is pointing fingers at is tomorrows game.

Cam: "They clearly wanted it more than us. We'll be ready to go for Sunday."

So far this week I believe I’ve heard quotes about wanting it more or not wanting it enough after 2 different games.

Do they really want it enough? I don’t think they do.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
These forums took our foot off the gas after Boone’s goal too, admit it. We need to be better.
We did. But I’m not the one out there skating.

This team only seems to perform well with a chip on their shoulder. When that chip goes away it is frustrating as hell because they are not a good team without it. Maybe this means they win tomorrow with their backs against the corner but as a fan base it is maddening to never know what you are going to get.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
It was tough loss. I feel for Jackets fans, you guys show a lot of class on the mains. I said this in the GDT last night, and unfortunately for the Blue Jackets it became true. Those missed empty net shots, may come back to haunt them. One or two more inches to the right, and the series would be over. I thought the refs made a bad call in OT. If they were calling it, it should have been 2 mins for the trip and 2mins for a dive on Rielly.

Rielly went down very easily and sold it. Video below. I would use that as motivation for game 5. But it shouldn't have even gotten to that stage. Torts will have to use all of his us against the world coaching techniques to get the Jackets mind set right for game 5. It's good to have a day off after a tough loss. Series is not over. I think the Jackets can still take this. But they will need Werenski. That was also a reason perhaps why there was a 3rd period collapse.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Nick Foligno has taken twice as many penalties as the next closest player on the team this series. Ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad