Jackets - Leafs best of 5 play-in

Status
Not open for further replies.

glue

Jan 30, 2006
Toronto
Leafs fan coming in peace. Just want to say, you guys are a classy bunch. Every fan base has its set of crazies, the size of the leaf fan base unfortunately makes it seem like we’ve got too many of them (maybe) but the majority are still just hardcore hockey fans and actually quite reasonable. The comments and debates I’ve seen with your fan base has typically been unbiased and reasonable. Great series with some crazy swings, if we leafs lose, BJs would be one of the teams I’d be cheering for. One of my good buddies happens to be a CBJ fan, so light trash talking is totally a thing ;). Cheers

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Leafs fan coming in peace. Just want to say, you guys are a classy bunch. Every fan base has its set of crazies, the size of the leaf fan base unfortunately makes it seem like we’ve got too many of them (maybe) but the majority are still just hardcore hockey fans and actually quite reasonable. The comments and debates I’ve seen with your fan base has typically been unbiased and reasonable. Great series with some crazy swings, if we leafs lose, BJs would be one of the teams I’d be cheering for. One of my good buddies happens to be a CBJ fan, so light trash talking is totally a thing ;). Cheers

You guys just have low standards after dealing with B's fans. :laugh:

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
RE: Why Tortorella never called a timeout - someone pointed out they didn't want to give a rest to the Leafs' top line and I think they're right. After the 2nd goal against the Leafs kinda burned a minute off the clock to get some rest, then pull Andersen again with under 2 minuets left.

Reactions: kelso

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
while I realize it's college vs. professional....

with all the football leagues cancelling, the loser tomorrow night may not see their team play again for a long...long time

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
while I realize it's college vs. professional....

with all the football leagues cancelling, the loser tomorrow night may not see their team play again for a long...long time

Yeah, I don't see the NHL playing until a vaccine or some sort of remedy is put forth.

ThisIsMyAlibi

Fantilli&Werenski&Gaudreau&Laine&Johnson&Jiricek
Mar 16, 2010
Ohio
Toronto is favored by oddsmakers but not heavily. Seems like free money honestly. They started actually trying in the last 5 mins and Columbus was suddenly overmatched and playing with the Yips.

putting $100 on Toronto.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
They started actually trying in the last 5 mins and Columbus was suddenly overmatched and playing with the Yips.

putting $100 on Toronto.

Toronto had three shots on net and they all went in. I don't think they had some incredible pressure or that the Jackets had some incredible psychological collapse. The puck just went in.

RealisticLeaf55

Win it clean for J.T
Sep 28, 2010
A place
Don't mean to be a bother.

Any news on werenski? We have heard nothing much on Muzzin. Wonder if most injuries will be kept under the wraps due to COVID?

Just wanted to let you guys know if we lose and you sweep the lightning again, drinks on me if you are ever in my neck of the woods :laugh:

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Tampa looked anemic, so it should be another sweep for them, like last season :D
I didn't watch but I heard they lost Hedman to injury again. I'm not sure what happened but he was a big reason the CBJ were able to win last year. Tampa will have problem with whoever they have to play if he is out in the series.

Bookker

Sep 17, 2010
Man, the Jackets have broken me. I'm still suffering from game 4.

Same here :laugh:
I hope they'll take their revenge from last game... but it will be tough for sure.
They need to be really sharp mentally.

It would be time for Bjorkstrand to wake up btw.
It's not like the other "leaders" were actually good except PLD, but Bjork is just a freakin ghost since the beginning. He is so so bad...
Even Wennberg was maybe more useful at times for his defensive game..

Reactions: ClevelandJacketFan

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Bjorkstrand seems to struggle against Toronto. He had 3 points in his first 4 games against them, and 1 in his last 6. If you count the playoffs it would be his last 10 games. Of the teams he has played against 10 or more times, he has his lowest point totals against Toronto and Pittsburgh. Could be Toronto is just one of the teams he doesn't have good luck against, or he just doesn't match up well with them. He definitely is someone they need to get some production from.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Don't mean to be a bother.

Any news on werenski? We have heard nothing much on Muzzin. Wonder if most injuries will be kept under the wraps due to COVID?

Just wanted to let you guys know if we lose and you sweep the lightning again, drinks on me if you are ever in my neck of the woods :laugh:

I believe this is an actual rule or agreement between the PA and NHL.

So no news on Werenski, but its doubtful he plays IMO.

EDIT: Looks like hes in

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad