Confirmed with Link: JACK JOHNSON BOUGHT OUT

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Lol people on the main board are pretending that this is somehow a bad move for the Penguins because replacing Johnson with Matheson is somehow a downgrade :laugh:

The main boards on this site suck ass.

It kinda is, Matheson costs more and has 6 years and took away Hornqvist.

Reactions: ericstrat1

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
I had to hold my hand up to the guy in the car next to me at the light when I let out a very loud

"f*** yeah"

when I heard the news on the radio.

f*** JMFJ and f*** GMJR. Can't wait to hear his bullshit reasoning for this. You were wrong all old you senile old :eek::eek::eek::eek:.

bathroomSTAAL

The halcyon days
Mar 15, 2007
Pittsburgh
Nice that we don't have to weaken a trade or give up an asset to move him.

Seems like a nice guy but hoo boy, one of the worst players we've had in the Sid/Geno era. Bon voyage Jack.

Reactions: Soggy Biscuit

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
This is f***ing awesome. JJ moved is the most important thing that has needed to happen for the last 2 off seasons.

Only happened too because COVID locked the cap and forced JR’s hand :laugh:

Reactions: TooManyHumans

Doogle

Jun 8, 2010
The third pairing was such a huge liability, and now we've gotten rid of both parts. Matheson has his own warts but at least he will provide a boost to the transition game. Schultz lost that ability once he broke his leg, and Johnson provided nothing.

I think that it's obvious that no one was going to take a bad contract for that long; we would have needed to trade at least a first and in this economy I still don't think that would be enough to compel teams to take on all that bad salary. This had to be done

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Matheson is basically 2017-2018 Schultz that makes less money than what Schultz made on his last deal. Not seeing anything that makes me think that it's even close to as bad as Johnson.

Matheson is a solid player with a bad contract. Johnson...well, I'm beating a dead horse. Matheson-Ruhwedel isn't a "good" bottom pair, but it's at least fine with the potential to be good.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1