Confirmed with Link: JACK JOHNSON BOUGHT OUT

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Dang did not think the buyout was going to happen. Teams must have not wanted him at all. Well he maybe gets picked up for a million dollar deal somewhere.

I have been trying to explain that to people around here for over a year.

No one... wanted ... him. It was a toxic contract that would have cost prime assets to be rid of.

JR knew he f***ed up a long time ago, despite any BS he was feeding the fans.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
tenor.gif

Reactions: molon labe

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
Saves us some cap that he, otherwise, would have taken up. Just sucks we couldn’t move him for anything at all to avoid that.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I'm legitimately astonished. I didn't think in a million years would we ever buy him out.

...what's JR got planned? :laugh:

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
To me it would signal that the deals for Murray aren’t any good so they’re gonna try re-signing him.

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
I have been trying to explain that to people around here for over a year.

No one... wanted ... him. It was a toxic contract that would have cost prime assets to be rid of.

JR knew he f***ed up a long time ago, despite any BS he was feeding the fans.

The contract sucked I agreed. I thought there would be some team that would take him even with retention.

Like I just don't understand how GMs can make these obvious mistakes so regularly and some GMs multiple mistakes regularly.

domaug

Play Virtua Fighter, let's go Pens
Sep 28, 2017
up de Eynon
If only they didn't trade for Matheson's awful contract.
they went from one certifiably bad one to a potentially worse one. the "potential" is if Matheson continues to be as bad as he was lately or gets worse. the contract is definitely worse in numbers and term, but maybe the player will be okay.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Think Murray is open to a 1yr deal after such an awful season? he can only get paid well if he has a good year this season. No one is gonna give an injury prone goalie big money after a sub 900. season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad