Confirmed with Link: JACK JOHNSON BOUGHT OUT

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
I’ll never whipping boy JJ. It isn’t his fault he got the contract he got. If he were on a cheaper deal with less term I think he would stuck and people would beat on him so much as they did. I never really complained about his play for the play. Anytime I complained was his play to the contract. I wish him the best moving on.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Still laughin about JJ. Oh the japes and lols and jests!

JJ did have a happy clown face all the time

happy_clown_1024x1024.png

Pengu

Jun 24, 2016
I'm still pissed at JR for defending the indefensible for so long and coming out everytime JJ shat the bed and saying it's not his fault and that he a good d.
And then buy him out on the quite as no one would touch that garbage contract and not a pep from JR about it....

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland
I'm still pissed at JR for defending the indefensible for so long and coming out everytime JJ shat the bed and saying it's not his fault and that he a good d.
And then buy him out on the quite as no one would touch that garbage contract and not a pep from JR about it....

It’s generally a good idea to pump up a player you’re considering moving rather than slamming him to the media so I don’t see how you can blame him there. It’s also possible the Penguins thought he was a serviceable defensemen that just wasn’t worth his contract in the flat cap era when covid hit.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
I mean, Dean Lombardi called Jack Johnson a stupid hockey player while he was on the team, but it's not clear to me that was a good idea. True? Maybe. Necessary? I certainly don't think so.

Executives aren't in the "be honest to newspaper reporters, never mind the consequences" business. That's just not the job.

Pengu

Jun 24, 2016
It’s generally a good idea to pump up a player you’re considering moving rather than slamming him to the media so I don’t see how you can blame him there. It’s also possible the Penguins thought he was a serviceable defensemen that just wasn’t worth his contract in the flat cap era when covid hit.

But still, not a single peep after he was bought out after protecting JJ's every move for years. JR pretended like nothing had happened while in reality every GM in the league treated that contract like the plague not even willing to retain 50%. JR shouls have got way more flak for that signing and the subsequent buyout....

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad