Jack Hughes, Taylor Hall, PK Subban: Devils a contender?

Keeptdos

May 1, 2011
Finland
If healthy they should make the playoffs though I'm not calling them contender till I see the regular season.

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
I would take Hughes+Hischier+Zajac over ROR any day of the week.
Pietrangelo, Parayko vs. Subban, Vatanen = Even
Dunn vs. Severson = Even
Hall vs. Tarasenko = Hall

Binnington was decent and had some clutch performances. Blackwood has an even bigger upside and is a more complete goalie. Started his NHL career with 2 straight shutouts.
Binnington was decent :laugh:

Started his career with 2 straight shutouts. Cool. But I doubt he’ll have a season like Binnington. It’s really really doubtful. Despite the back to back shutouts, Binnington still had a GAA 0.7 lower in more games.

Subban and Vatanen is not as good as the other pair it’s not even debatable.

KK91

Jan 7, 2009
At this point no but how the NHL is set up anyone is a contender after St Louis Blues run!

Reactions: jd1970

TheTwelfth

Jan 6, 2014
The Tardis
Hughes’ shot is not NHL quality. He needs a finisher on his line. Sadly, pairing him with Gusev is too much of a defensive liability.

Reactions: KK91

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Hughes’ shot is not NHL quality. He needs a finisher on his line. Sadly, pairing him with Gusev is too much of a defensive liability.
He hasn't played with Gusev since game 2, and he has been much better in the last 3 games.

TheTwelfth

Jan 6, 2014
The Tardis
He hasn't played with Gusev since game 2, and he has been much better in the last 3 games.
I agree he has been better, but he needs a scorer like Gusev or Palmeri on his wing, but he also needs a defensive forward too.

Maybe he would do better playing wing this season with Zajac and Palmeri?

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I agree he has been better, but he needs a scorer like Gusev or Palmeri on his wing, but he also needs a defensive forward too.

Maybe he would do better playing wing this season with Zajac and Palmeri?
He's been centering Zacha and Simmonds the last two games, and it was our best line in both games. They keep playing that well they will get some goals. Zacha is a very good defensive player, so that helps stabilize the line as well.

Jerzey Devil

Jerzey-Duz-It
Jun 11, 2010
St. Augustine, FL

He needs to play with someone who can finish but isn’t a defensive liability. I like him with Zacha because Zacha is good defensively but they need to give him a sniper on the right side. Maybe put Palmieri on that line and put Bratt or Gusev back on the first line with Hall and Nico. Or even Boqvist.

Last edited:

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
He needs to play with someone who can finish but isn’t a deceive lability. I like him with Zacha because Zacha is good defensively but they need to give him a sniper on the right side. Maybe put Palmieri on that line and put Bratt or Gusev back on the first line with Hall and Nico. Or even Boqvist.
I agree, Palmieri with Zacha and Hughes would be ideal.

Paperbagofglory

Nov 15, 2010
I feel sorry for Taylor Hall. Has there ever been a player whos played for such bad teams for as long as he has? I know there have been athletes who almost never made the playoffs but i am talking about a superstar player thats been involved with that many first and second overalls. Any comparisons in the NHL or other sports for an athlete with that much bad professional luck?

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
They look like one of the worst teams.

Speed is great (especially in NJ) but that alone doesn't make a team great.

I hope to see Hall in a Bruins jersey after free agency.

TheTwelfth

Jan 6, 2014
The Tardis
I agree, Palmieri with Zacha and Hughes would be ideal.

I trust you on the Zacha being defensively good. I was at the game against the Oilers and thought his line was good, but it was mostly just Hughes deking around the zone by himself. I dont think Simmonds and Zacha have done enough to help him in the offense, and he does not have a NHL quality shot to be counted on to finish himself.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad