Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
My levels draft day levels:

Defaults:

- A forward - HELL YEAH
- A D - Ugh, why?

Players:

Demidov - HELL YEAH + WE GOT DEMIDOV!!!!!
Lindstrom - HELL YEAH + Hell yeah
Young Iggy - HELL YEAH + Little Iggy is going to turn up in MTL
Eiserman - HELL YEAH + Bigger Caufield!
Sennecke - HELL YEAH + Okay let's see what this kid can do

Levshunov/Dickinson - Ugh, why? + I guess we're trading a D at some point.
Silyaev - Ugh, why? + Moar big man + Please become Chara
Biuim/Perekh - Ugh, why? + Cool name at least + At least they're offensive and dynamic

Reactions: Rozz

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
I'm pretty sure my reaction will be the same as for most of the picks the last couple of years "I guess I can understand the reasoning but I'm not sure it's a great pick." Most of the picks have turned out better than I expected.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I didn’t get that from the posted summary. Do you remember what they said specifically?

He probably listened to it.. but essentially like Scott Wheeler still doesn't love Reinbacher (he's a Byron Bader cuck disciple so not surprised he doesn't like a D who defends and doesn't dipsy doodle around the ice like an asshole) and Pronman was just of the mind that you aren't sure that any of Montreal's defenseman are so good that you can't consider any of the D at the top

The Habs brass feel differently though, Hughes comments indicate that and I agree with the Habs brass more than Scott Can't Wheelher.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
If Chicago picks Lev, does CLB pick Demidov? I think so.

I think we have a legit chance of Lindstrom to us.
I was thinking... If Columbus is looking for goal scoring, they could pick Eiserman and cause somewhat of a surprise for MacKenzie's readers.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Demidov
Iginla
Lindstrom
Catton
Sennecke
Buium
Levshunov

I'll be happy with any of these. Literally impossible to f*** up unless they pass on Demidov, kinda like last year.

You'd be mad about Dickinson or Eiserman?

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
He probably listened to it.. but essentially like Scott Wheeler still doesn't love Reinbacher (he's a Byron Bader cuck disciple so not surprised he doesn't like a D who defends and doesn't dipsy doodle around the ice like an asshole) and Pronman was just of the mind that you aren't sure that any of Montreal's defenseman are so good that you can't consider any of the D at the top

The Habs brass feel differently though, Hughes comments indicate that and I agree with the Habs brass more than Scott Can't Wheelher.

Hilarious thanks

Reactions: WeThreeKings

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the face!

We'll see how we feel when one of Caufield, Dach, or Guhle goes down for months early in the season.

For me, I don't see this team getting much better unless they actually try to get better this offseason. If they add at least 1 top-6 W and a Vet RHD they should be in decent shape, if they add 2 top-6 W we should be in really good shape.

If we don't add anything it is almost guaranteed to be another top-10 pick
We’re adding Dach, Hutson, maybe Monahan again… Monty and Primeau more established, Slaf and the top line for a full season. If we aren’t pushing for a playoff spot I’ll be very disappointed.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I was thinking... If Columbus is looking for goal scoring, they could pick Eiserman and cause somewhat of a surprise for MacKenzie's readers.

Eiserman will surprise people.. with how low he goes.

Scouts have soured big time on him and it doesn't seem like he's got any top 7 love anymore.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
You'd be mad about Dickinson or Eiserman?
It's hard to be unhappy with a top four LD or a 30g scorer but if the alternative are the listed players then yes, I would. Kind of like last year, I was mad they passed in Matvei but Reinbacher was ranked 6th on my list.
I f*** with this draft order. I can be Mrb0p.
It's not an actual list but an order of preference for the Habs. Buium just overrides everything because he's so good.

I can't see a world where we don't take someone from this list.
Maybe Parekh, Silayev, Eiserman, Helenius, etc but yeah. It's pretty hard to f*** up if I give them 10 choices lmao.

Reactions: Rozz

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
Demidov
Iginla
Lindstrom
Catton
Sennecke
Buium
Levshunov

I'll be happy with any of these. Literally impossible to f*** up unless they pass on Demidov, kinda like last year.
I'd say the only one outside the list that I'd be intrigued by would be Parekh, but would need to be compounded with us moving up to Buffalo or Philly's pick

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
I admire you! When you have your eye on a prospect that you really like and think has potential, you stick with him. It's served you well in the past two drafts. He's not my pick, but we will see what happens in the draft.
Finland didnt score a goal today against a weak CZE team, Helenius is gonna dress next game for sure, they need his talent, it will be intersting to see where they slot him in the line-up, but I wouldnt be surprised if he is one of the top players of the competition for the Finns..

Reactions: DAChampion

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Finland didnt score a goal today against a weak CZE team, Helenius is gonna dress next game for sure, they need his talent, it will be intersting to see where they slot him in the line-up, but I wouldnt be surprised if he is one of the top players of the competition for the Finns..

We will see. You said the same thing before the U18's and we know what happened. For the record, I thought he would dominate the U18's too. Honestly, it's his last chance to prove some of his naysayers wrong before the draft.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad