Jack Hughes, Taylor Hall, PK Subban: Devils a contender?

Nico the Draft Riser

Devils, Rams, Hawks, Twins fan
Nov 18, 2017
Schneider's past 3 seasons has been abysmal and he's regressed each year while playing less games each year. he went from 60 to 40 to 26, while also having lower sv% each year and a higher GAA. You want facts, now you have them

Don't get me wrong, he was a great goalie in his prime but if you can't see that he's done, that's just you being ignorant and living in la-la-land
Luongo had the same thing happen as did Rinne

Its called hip injuries

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Taylor Hall will probably be a contender when he gets traded in February

Does that count?

Last edited:

Walter Tkasobchuk

May 27, 2019
You make the playoffs , you are a contender. St Louis blues.

I do not like this narrative. And I’ve heard it a lot. Once the Blue got healthy, bought in, and changed goalies they were a top 4 team in all hockey. You have to either have elite talent (Pens and Blackhawks) and/or have a dominating contrasting style than the rest of league (12 and 14 Kings, Blues to some extent). But just making it in is not enough people

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
If NJ somehow signed Panarin for 10.8 or something, I would probably trade Hall. He is probably going to get the same contract, we can't really afford the two of them, we could take on salary and roster players and would be all that much more deep moving forward. I have my doubts Hall is going to sign with NJ before season start and I hope this is Shero's contingency plan.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
At some point the Devils will have to unload players because they can't afford their payroll. Alternatively, the team will be sold to someone who can afford the red ink.

mlzy

Feb 7, 2009
Schneider is done. Better hope MB breaks out as a bonafide #1 or NJ is in for one hell of a season
Schneider is far from done, did you see his starts at the end of last season? Such a stupid comment but that's to be expected from a Maple Leaf fan!

mlzy

Feb 7, 2009
Except the Rangers traded 2 2nd round picks and their 3rd best prospect at the 2016 deadline for Eric Staal and AV choked away our spot in the 2017 Eastern Conference Finals Does that sound like a rebuilding team?

The Rangers rebuild started at the 2018 trade deadline, less than 17 months ago.
Who really cares when your rebuild started, all you are doing is making excuses for the poor product the Rangers are putting out there.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Who really cares when your rebuild started, all you are doing is making excuses for the poor product the Rangers are putting out there.

Poor product? The Rangers probably are among the league leaders in playoff games since the lockout. And Rangers fans are thrilled with the direction of the team right now.

And how you would describe the Devils play on ice since 2013?

What an awful post.

mlzy

Feb 7, 2009
Poor product? The Rangers probably are among the league leaders in playoff games since the lockout. And Rangers fans are thrilled with the direction of the team right now.

What an awful post.
I would describe it as poor, they are paying the price for making the playoffs 13 consecutive years and winning 3 Stanley cups in the process. Devils fans are also thrilled with the direction our team is going. The rivalry is alive and well, only time will tell which team is progressing faster.

Its a Trap

Yes I’m still here to piss you off

What an awful post.
So just out of curiosity, do you actually think the rangers after “1 season” of rebuilding are further along and better off than the Devils are?

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
So just out of curiosity, do you actually think the rangers after “1 season” of rebuilding are further along and better off than the Devils are?

Nope, really the only difference is that the Devils have Hischier while the Rangers have a pretty big hole at center. But the Rangers were in the 2nd round of the playoffs when the Devils drafted 1st overall.

I'm perfectly fine with the Rangers having another lotto season, Byfield would complete this rebuild and we'd be ready to rock in 2020.

I'd take the Rangers defense pool over the Devils and Shestyorkin is generally considered to be the top goalie prospect so that's advantage Rangers too.

Its a Trap

Yes I’m still here to piss you off
Nope, really the only difference is that the Devils have Hischier while the Rangers have a pretty big hole at center. But the Rangers were in the 2nd round of the playoffs when the Devils drafted 1st overall.

I'm perfectly fine with the Rangers having another lotto season, Byfield would complete this rebuild and we'd be ready to rock in 2020.
So you think they’re at the same point in their rebuilds basically minus a center for the rangers.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
So you think they’re at the same point in their rebuilds basically minus a center for the rangers.

That's what I said, yes. But that's a giant hole at center for the Rangers (despite Zbad's breakout season) at the most important position in hockey, so it puts the Devils ahead ATM.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
At some point the Devils will have to unload players because they can't afford their payroll. Alternatively, the team will be sold to someone who can afford the red ink.

HFboards migration must not have worked cause posts from 10 years ago keep showing up

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad