Prospect Info: Jack Hughes III

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Jersey Devils

Doc & Chico Forever
Jun 20, 2007
NJ-NYC
Any one have a link to an interview they had with Jack's parents and they talk about how they realized Jack was on another level compared to his brothers, etc? Thanks!

Figgie

Apr 24, 2018
Finland
How exactly is Kakko a better fit for the Devils? The team's entire philosophy is built around speed and generating high danger chances, which fits Hughes perfectly.

I think both would fit perfect but Hughes is just better and we are going to take him. Simple.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I think both would fit perfect but Hughes is just better and we are going to take him. Simple.
To be clear I love Kakko as a prospect and would be thrilled with him as well, but I don't think he's a "better" fit than the center we need who is also a better prospect.

Reactions: Figgie

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
Reactions: Hischier and Hughes

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Be sure of this - one day they will want to play together in the NHL. It's nothing to worry about now but if I'm Shero I'd be scheming and planning to get Quinn in a Devils uniform one way or the other.
Trust me - the first day we won the lottery my first thought was the Matthews contract and Hughes wanting to hit FA

I tend to be overly cynical like that lol

Unfortunately their brother Luke looks to be a top-10 talent so it may cost too much to acquire. And theres no way Vancouver trades Quinn.

Reactions: vtdevils2k

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Kakko is sure making it interesting, however, I’m still in on Hughes being our pick.
A single tournament, even if its drastic between the two, likely doesnt change the outcome for a lot of GMs.

Then count the connections we have to Jack and the US program/WC team.

Its a near given we take Jack ‘the Attack’ Hughes and it was decided the day we won the lottery (no matter how naive that may seem)

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
How exactly is Kakko a better fit for the Devils? The team's entire philosophy is built around speed and generating high danger chances, which fits Hughes perfectly.

Not to worry, Shero knows the Hughes family. Vancouver is offering Shero the moon to be 1st so Quinn and his brother Jack Hughes can play together. We know what Hughes can do playing center. KK like Hughes can make flashy plays. Both have skills moving the puck. KK has good hands, speed, and vision something the Devils need. KK can fit in anywhere in the lineup, making him more versatile than Hughes something the Devils need. He is build like a man and has strength to battle for the pucks something the Devils need. Devils goal has been speed and attack, KK has these traits. He can play up or down in the lines giving the Devils lots of options. Imagine Hall, Nicko and KK together. Just an opinion NjDevsRR. However, Shero will take Hughes to cover his butt.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Not to worry, Shero knows the Hughes family. Vancouver is offering Shero the moon to be 1st so Quinn and his brother Jack Hughes can play together. We know what Hughes can do playing center. KK like Hughes can make flashy plays. Both have skills moving the puck. KK has good hands, speed, and vision something the Devils need. KK can fit in anywhere in the lineup, making him more versatile than Hughes something the Devils need. He is build like a man and has strength to battle for the pucks something the Devils need. Devils goal has been speed and attack, KK has these traits. He can play up or down in the lines giving the Devils lots of options. Imagine Hall, Nicko and KK together. Just an opinion NjDevsRR. However, Shero will take Hughes to cover his butt.
You don't draft players for how they fit on the team in their D+1 season, that is horrible asset management.

Dick Steel

May 11, 2019
Finland
To be clear I love Kakko as a prospect and would be thrilled with him as well, but I don't think he's a "better" fit than the center we need who is also a better prospect.
You think that Hughes is center? I see him winger just like Patrik Kane. Hughes is just a kid, he have good tools be a star.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
You think that Hughes is center? I see him winger just like Patrik Kane. Hughes is just a kid, he have good tools be a star.
Yes, I see him as a center. We'll see how he can cope with that next season (or not cope with it), but he plays the game like a center. I agree with the Kane comparison otherwise, but they don't play exactly the same way, they just have similar hands, vision, etc.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Man a perfect situation for the devils would’ve been for the canucks to land the 2nd pick. Take the kings ransom and “settle” for kakko.

The good thing is quinn will hit ufa first probably so he can come to nj. Ideally too it will depend where each franchise is at that point.

Reactions: mdj12784

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Man a perfect situation for the devils would’ve been for the canucks to land the 2nd pick. Take the kings ransom and “settle” for kakko.

The good thing is quinn will hit ufa first probably so he can come to nj. Ideally too it will depend where each franchise is at that point.
Well if current rosters and prospect pools are evidence - NJ will become a contender quicker. However its a minimum of seven years from Jack’s first game that he can reach UFA. So thats a long time and both teams likely are contending by then (maybe Im giving Vancouver too much credit)

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Trust me - the first day we won the lottery my first thought was the Matthews contract and Hughes wanting to hit FA

I tend to be overly cynical like that lol

Unfortunately their brother Luke looks to be a top-10 talent so it may cost too much to acquire. And theres no way Vancouver trades Quinn.

Unless there are dramatic changes to the salary cap structure it seems unlikely that VAN will have an easy time managing the cap to pay a Jack Hughes as a UFA assuming he is as good as expected. VAN will have a laundry list of players to pay well ahead of trying to sign Jack as a UFA.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Tons of North American & European scouts are in almost unprecedented agreement that Jack Hughes is the best player in the 2019 NHL Draft after watching literally hundreds of hours of footage & live games.

HFBoards posters see Kakko score 5 goals in two games, 2 of which are empty netters, and the "HFBoards experts" declare Kakko should go #1 instead.

Yup. Sounds bout' right.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Tons of North American & European scouts are in almost unprecedented agreement that Jack Hughes is the best player in the 2019 NHL Draft after watching literally hundreds of hours of footage & live games.

HFBoards posters see Kakko score 5 goals in two games, 2 of which are empty netters, and the "HFBoards experts" declare Kakko should go #1 instead.

Yup. Sounds bout' right.

But Kakko did it against men.:sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad