Prospect Info: Jack Hughes III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nico Hischier

Nov 22, 2017
I'm a rational logical Rangers fan. I come in peace (I feel like this always needs to be said, lol) and tbh I want Kakko, I really do, but I know we need Hughes. We're riding a center depth of Zbad (who did have a good season but will always be a real solid #2 to me, even if he keeps this up), and mysteries in who develops (or not) out of Howden, Chytil and Andersson. None of them will be #1C levels like Hughes can be obviously.

So there is nuance to it. A lot of us really do want and love Kakko, even before this tournament (and yes I do realize the ENs and the fact that he's playing top minutes with an absolutely unsustainable SH%), but the smartest of us (pls refrain from taking the bait and making the easy joke!) all realize how much more we need Hughes and the potential he has.

Now, in your case, you already have Hischier who I think is going to be a phenomenal center. Better than any we have. You add Hughes to that, and that's just a dynamic 1-2 punch down the middle in your top 6. Easier to draft or trade for wingers. Much as I hate to admit it, Hischier/Hughes may not be Crosby/Malkin, but it's a very likely dominant center duo that will be one of the top in the league. That's reason enough for me to want you to draft Kakko even if I love him.

See, if you pick Kakko and we get Hughes, we're just gonna push SO hard for Panarin and maybe succeed in getting him over Florida. Add Kravtsov who has some real potential, etc. and I'm just happy as can be. But when you do pick Hughes and we get Kakko, which is awesome since I never expected we'd draft top 5 ever again, we can still chase Panarin but we need to move some **** to draft higher and get a good center. Or we're gonna chase Duchene, which I do NOT want to do. Hischier/Hughes >>> Zibanejad/Duchene/Whoever. Plain and simple.

At the end of the day we're both (very likely) getting a huge asset and game changer. We need a top center more than you since we have no Hischier, but you become deadly with two centers of that quality. This isn't Sid vs. Ovie to me at all though. We'll still hate each other and I expect you'll be very solid very soon with either one, but I don't see the need to compare them as much as we'd want to because, well... you know.

<3 (jk, die)

edit: I feel like I need to take a shower now.

I would like to point out that having center depth is great and all but back in 2012 when we beat you guys our best center was zajac and our two best forwards were both wingers: kovalchuck and parise.

Now back to the thread... we are taking Hughes whether we like it or not. Some fans want Kakko. He is definitely currently passing the eye test but we are taking Hughes and we all can just be happy

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
I would like to point out that having center depth is great and all but back in 2012 when we beat you guys our best center was zajac and our two best forwards were both wingers: kovalchuck and parise.

Now back to the thread... we are taking Hughes whether we like it or not. Some fans want Kakko. He is definitely currently passing the eye test but we are taking Hughes and we all can just be happy
DON'T YOU TALK SMACK ABOUT TRAV lel

his cycle game was, and is, still strong. he worked really well in PDB's system, and that's why he worked

Reactions: Nico Hischier

Dafp

May 3, 2016
UK
You make this amazing, positive opportunity for the franchise sound like such a chore! :sarcasm:

Reactions: Nico Hischier

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
I just think that RIGHT now Kakko is the better fit for us and the kind of player we need.

He'd help us right away. We'd be a good team next season. With Hughes we have to wait. And I'm tired of waiting.

Hall-Hischier-Kakko..... oh my...
And when that line gets shut down what else can we rely on?

I’d rather have Hall Hischier on the first line and a second line centered by Hughes.

Brun0

Jul 24, 2009
Hughes is far a way from nhl, he is really weak and was everytime on ice falling and couldnt really cope with the pace

Dafp

May 3, 2016
UK
Hughes is far a way from nhl, he is really weak and was everytime on ice falling and couldnt really cope with the pace
He has a whole summer to work on getting stronger and I’m he’ll likely be able to adapt to the pace quickly enough at training camp.

Reactions: vtdevils2k

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
This is a Hughes thread, we're not debating Kakko here. In fact it might be better if we close this for the rest of the World Championships at least since there are already multiple open threads to discuss the #1 pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->