Prospect Info: Jack Hughes III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
With all the discussion of his size and strength, I will admit one thing:

Im nervous for the days he tries to dangle guys like Byfuglien and Chara as well as general tough guys/role players. Its one thing to show up a kid whos new to the league (and at a level Jack is at) but its another to be dangled around like youre chopped liver AND that person is a teenage rookie.

Hes most certainly going to get rocked on a few occasions

Reactions: mdj12784

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Might as well go for it, we had a seperate thread for the <18 tournament
In retrospect, maybe it should have been an all-inclusive IIHF thread, but I guess there's no reason to have one just on the Worlds.

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
With all the discussion of his size and strength, I will admit one thing:

Im nervous for the days he tries to dangle guys like Byfuglien and Chara as well as general tough guys/role players. Its one thing to show up a kid whos new to the league (and at a level Jack is at) but its another to be dangled around like youre chopped liver AND that person is a teenage rookie.

Hes most certainly going to get rocked on a few occasions

It's a fair worry and one I think is getting glossed over in a lot of the discussion here.

I'm ecstatic that he's going to be our pick and I'm not even thinking of Kakko, but if there is knock to be hand against Hughes, it's his size.

You don't need to be big in today's NHL, but it certainly helps. Lord knows how many times I've thought Nico died so far in his short career.

Setec Astronomy

Jun 15, 2012
Funny that the one guy in recent memory whose career we say went off track because of taking a big hit (Larsson from Subban) had ideal size.

Hughes is an inch shorter than Crosby. The whining about it needs to be confined to the main board. It’s just painful to read at this point.

Reactions: Bet the Over

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
It's a fair worry and one I think is getting glossed over in a lot of the discussion here.

I'm ecstatic that he's going to be our pick and I'm not even thinking of Kakko, but if there is knock to be hand against Hughes, it's his size.

You don't need to be big in today's NHL, but it certainly helps. Lord knows how many times I've thought Nico died so far in his short career.
Imagine how teams like Chicago with Debrincat and Tampa back when with St Louis felt haha, and soon Caulfield

Reactions: Bet the Over

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Saying that his size is the only knock against him is not "whining".

Not to mention there's a difference between having concern over one player being small and an entire team being small. I have no concerns over Hughes' size individually. But I do have worries the team as a whole is too small both up front and on the blue line and can get run over by teams with big bodies (which are most of the teams that are left in the playoffs).

Reactions: Nubmer6

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Looks like Hughes will get PP time.

So that likely dispels the "he wont get any minutes" theory.

So... Team USA's D is going to be chasing the opposing forwards up to the blue line and leave players wide open on back door plays?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->