Jack Eichel ranking amongst top players

At which rank would Eichel be picked in a fantasy draft between all the current NHL players

• Total voters

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
I like how OP said he'd trade Tavares for Eichel as if Eichel isn't also clearly superior to Matthews.

Voted top 5.

Yeah, saw this crap coming. He's not "clearly superior," they're pretty damn close no matter how you look at it. Anyway you got the mandatory Matthews shot in, take your likes and go home.

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
While watching the All-Star Game, I was arguing with my friend about how Jack Eichel was such an awesome player. I was wondering if there was a fantasy draft including all the NHL teams, (like in ea sports franchise mode), at which rank would Eichel be picked ??

As a Leafs fan, I’d say top 10, and I’d easily trade Tavares for him 1v1. I think Eichel is an extremely underestimated player.
Buffalo would spit on you for offering that trade.

JT is great, but Eichel is already better, much younger, on the upswing, and cheaper too.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
He plays more defense than Matthews does.

And before anyone says I'm criticizing Matthews, I'm not criticizing Matthews. This guy is a Leafs fan, and is only doing this because to him this is a Matthews vs. Eichel war.

What are you on about?
Are you exposing me as a leafs fan lol ok I dont hide that. Oh no you're a rangers fan watch out lmao.

And no eichel plays zero defence historically and this year plays some. Still not a great all around player.

Last edited:

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
What are you on about?
Are you exposing me as a leafs fan lol ok I dont hide that. Oh no you're a rangers fan watch out lmao.

And no eichel plays zero defence historically and this year plays some. Still not a great all around player.

There are a few of you Leaf fans that hate on Eichel because you think it's a contest between Eichel and Matthews.

Claiming Eichel doesn't play defense is ridiculous.

Reactions: seagull

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
There are a few of you Leaf fans that hate on Eichel because you think it's a contest between Eichel and Matthews.

Claiming Eichel doesn't play defense is ridiculous.
What is this conspiracy theory lol.
I like eichel but he isnt a stout defender eichel will tell you as much 2-3 years ago. Hes better but not great still. Hes been decent this year. But he has a ways too go. Not saying he cant be good but hes just not. Buffalo needs a better team and structure.

Also I have not brought up Matthew's once idk what your trying to start here. This is an eichel thread I have no interest in that debate.

Ben White

Dec 28, 2015
McDavid
MacKinnon
Drai
Marchand
Pasta
Kane
Dahlin
Pettersson
Matthews
Eichel

lauraP

Aug 4, 2019
What is this conspiracy theory lol.
I like eichel but he isnt a stout defender eichel will tell you as much 2-3 years ago. Hes better but not great still. Hes been decent this year. But he has a ways too go. Not saying he cant be good but hes just not. Buffalo needs a better team and structure.

Also I have not brought up Matthew's once idk what your trying to start here. This is an eichel thread I have no interest in that debate.
eichel would easily be the leafs best defensive foward.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
eichel would easily be the leafs best defensive foward.

If you actually believe that than I think you have much to learn about Hockey.

This is the first year Eichel has led Matthews offensively and Eichel fans have handled it poorly. If you were to necrobump threads 5 years back the idea Auston was even comparable to Jack got you laughed off the boards, then over the next few years when it became apparent Matthews was superior in many ways these same fans would argue just to say Eichel was on Auston's level. Now Eichel back checks on the reg and has a 4 point lead on Auston and these same insecure fans have their chests all puffed out and talking crazy smack.

What's interesting is they are so used to his laziness that when he puts in even a little effort they think Eichel is Patrice Bergeron and the Selke favourite.

Last edited:
Reactions: LeafsNation75

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
If you actually believe that than I think you have much to learn about Hockey.

This is the first year Eichel has led Matthews offensively and Eichel fans have handled it poorly. If you were to necrobump threads 5 years back the idea Auston was even comparable to Jack got you laughed off the boards, then over the next few years when it became apparent Matthews was superior in many ways these same fans would argue just to say Eichel was on Auston's level. Now Eichel back checks on the reg and has a 4 point lead on Auston and these same insecure fans have their chests all puffed out and talking crazy smack.

What's interesting is they are so used to his laziness that when he puts in even a little effort they think Eichel is Patrice Bergeron and the Selke favourite.

And Toronto fans handled it poorly every single year Matthews had a hot 10 game start by saying he was the same level as McDavid, what’s your point?

Reactions: Tasty Biscuits

Cotton

May 13, 2013
And Toronto fans handled it poorly every single year Matthews had a hot 10 game start by saying he was the same level as McDavid, what’s your point?

The difference is what I posted is true while what you posted is your misinterpretation of jokes that occurred on the main boards during his hot start last season.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
The difference is what I posted is true while what you posted is your misinterpretation of jokes that occurred on the main boards during his hot start last season.

Lol it wasn’t just last season...it was the beginning of the season before that too.

I’ll never forget that McDavid vs Matthews thread...some good laughs

Even funnier is this revisionist history that it was all just a bunch of “jokes”

Cotton

May 13, 2013
Lol it wasn’t just last season...it was the beginning of the season before that too.

Even funnier is this revisionist history that it was all just a bunch of “jokes”

What I'm referencing were jokes, I have no idea what you are, so by all means, link the thread.

lauraP

Aug 4, 2019

No i was joking unless he scores 65 goals and gets 70 assist then i was actually serious haha im smarting than you im right you're wrong...

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York

Don't respond to that guy. He's the one who thinks he can throw out accusations of racism that are supposedly common knowledge, and when pressed on the topic because it's not common knowledge, he clams up.

Reactions: ElLeetch

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
So your defense to dumb reasoning is to use the same reasoning with a Sabres player?

Fact - Matthews has outscored Eichel at each comparable age.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad