Jack Eichel ranking amongst top players

At which rank would Eichel be picked in a fantasy draft between all the current NHL players

• Total voters

SnizzMitch

Leafs Fan Till I Die
Jan 30, 2016
Eastern, Ontario
While watching the All-Star Game, I was arguing with my friend about how Jack Eichel was such an awesome player. I was wondering if there was a fantasy draft including all the NHL teams, (like in ea sports franchise mode), at which rank would Eichel be picked ??

As a Leafs fan, I’d say top 10, and I’d easily trade Tavares for him 1v1. I think Eichel is an extremely underestimated player.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Definitely top 10, and most likely top 5. Only ones I'm pretty certain would go above are McDavid and MacKinnon.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Voted top 10

Safe vote. 5 is possible too, just depends. To be honest McDavid is a clear#1 - there isn't a clear #2. He could theoretically go as high as that for right team/gm who likes him enough.

Mack is a more probable choice at #2 but don't think unanimous. Then you have names like Matthews, Dahlin, Kucherov - even Crosby still places highly

Reactions: KapG and Morrison

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
I like how OP said he'd trade Tavares for Eichel as if Eichel isn't also clearly superior to Matthews.

Voted top 5.
I like how you decide you need to bait maple leaf fans with the last part of that statement lol.

261 gp for matthews: 145 goals, 117 assists, 262 points. Average TOI since entering the league 18:30

334 gp for eichel: 129 goals, 192 assists for 331 points. Average TOI since entering the league 20:11

So, as you can see, all you’re doing is trying to stir up trouble with Leafs fans.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
He’s 32 you’d be dumb to have him even in your top 20.

Even if it is for going forward careerwise Crosby is still easily a top 20 player.

Eichel is a top 5 guy right now and going forward.

He joins McDavid, Mac, Crosby, Malkin as the top 5 guys in the league right now for the rest of the season going into the playoffs.

I'm too lazy to put goalies and Dmen in there but even Carlson, the guy who IMO wins the norris this year, isn't a top 5 player in the league.

Blueboy

Apr 15, 2019
I like how OP said he'd trade Tavares for Eichel as if Eichel isn't also clearly superior to Matthews.

Voted top 5.
“Clearly”

Clearly as in 5 more points while averaging an additional 1.5 minutes a game? Or having less takeaways and more giveaways? Or a 9% worse faceoff %? All while riding a higher PDO...

This doesn’t touch on Matthews’ goal scoring prowess.

I think Eichel has been a bit better this year, but “clearly” is a short sighted take.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
He’s 32 you’d be dumb to have him even in your top 20.

Don't wanna go too off topic but Crosby would go higher than you think.

Who do you take for just 1 playoff run? Most people have him #1. Any team with a "win now" mentality would be tempted. His marketability would also be a huge criteria

It helps that he hasnt exactly slowed down yet either

DickSmehlik

Oct 23, 2006
The Empire State

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
I voted top 10 by accident, didn’t read the thread premise

In a fantasy draft the top 5 is McDavid, Mackinnon, Eichel, Matthews, Barkov. Those 5 IMO are the most valuable assets in the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad