Rumor: Jack Eichel Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
DeAngelo and Chytil are easily more value than a 1 and a 2. DeAngelo is worth that himself.
I think DeAngelo is a 1st and Chytil is a 2nd.

If I were a GM, I might want to use picks at my discretion, although some like NHL ready prospects too.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think DeAngelo is a 1st and Chytil is a 2nd.

If I were a GM, I might want to use picks at my discretion, although some like NHL ready prospects too.

Chytil was 22OA in 2017. Has only improved his stock since then. I think you are selling him way short.

Of course with DeAngelo, the 1 depends on how high it is. We’re talking about a young top four defensemen though who if he can keep up his play has top pairing potential. I don’t think the price is a late first.

Reactions: ICanMotteBelieveIt

section 218

Jan 31, 2007
Which could mean that the Rangers asked what they wanted for Eichel and put forth an offer of Fox, Zibanejad and Kakko or some offer similar. I still think the Rangers initiated the conversation and Buffalo came up with an offer that Rangers rejected.

However, everyone is just speculating right now myself included.

Rangers wont give up on Fox.
Sabre's fans would burn down arena if Eichel was traded
Remember border towns like Buffalo and Detroit sell lots of tickets to Canadians that might not be able to go to US

The ask was this or very close to it

To Rangers Eichel top 5 value in NHL with over 7m already payed for next year
To Sabre's Lafreniere, Zibanejad, Shesterkin, Miller, Anderson and 2021 1st rd pick

That's how much the Sabre's value Eichel

I think the Rangers would have to think about at least, but would wait it out

Reactions: Sam Pollock

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Remember border towns like Buffalo and Detroit sell lots of tickets to Canadians that might not be able to go to US

To Sabre's Lafreniere, Zibanejad, Shesterkin, Miller, Anderson and 2021 1st rd pick

There's nothing for NYR to think about in your listed ask from Buffalo. It's a no before Andersson's name is even started.

itsPLkielbasa

Aug 30, 2010
Brooklyn, NY

You can't be serious? We're not gutting our team to get Eichel.

I wouldn't even do it for 1OA, Kakko and Miller.

This doesn't work for both teams. The Rangers are still rebuilding and should just wait for Barkov when the opportunity arises.

You guys keep Eichel and we keep our roster.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica

This doesn't work for both teams. The Rangers are still rebuilding and should just wait for Barkov when the opportunity arises.

I love this mindset. Let's wait for the hypothetical FA signing that almost never happens.

GOALOFSSON

Game Changer
Jun 6, 2018
Aspland
Young emerging 1C that are cost controlled don’t get traded. Especially for a player that carries a 10 mill cap hit and is disgruntled and wants out ( hypothetically).

Still young already emerged 1C+ that are signed for 6 years at a bargain deal don't get traded.

Getting Panarin, Fox and Lafreniere giftwrapped to you would make it seem all the more possible.

Kakko called, he wants to know why you left him off the list.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
This is insane. Nobody throws out hypothetical offers.... my God. Stick to blogging , kid.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Still young already emerged 1C+ that are signed for 6 years at a bargain deal don't get traded.

No kidding chief, if Eichel didn’t want out, or hypothetically want out via trade this conversation wouldn’t be happing because a 1C And 1RD are the largest voids to fill on most teams in the league. If Eichel didn’t voice his displeasure there would be no reason for the Sabres to even entertain trading him.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
"Gorton wouldn't even begin to consider"

Sounds to me like one of Z or Fox were included in the Sabres offer plus other high value assets/

Probably the Sabres way of saying "unless you want to gut your team, Eichel's not available in trade talks"

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008

I believe barkov is the true target as well. He’s just as miserable as jack but warmer in FLA. the price will be cheaper once you use the leverage his insistence on going to free agency. He might not be as good as jack but he’s right there in talent. Would be a great mentor/center for Kakko. It’s kind of the the same situation the rangers had with trouba, and they were able to get him without paying full market price. Ditto for Fox and to some extent. I think they are feeling out the Eichel trade front but Barkov will ultimately be their target because of significant leverage

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
Rangers can have him. Start with Mika, then add. Make it worthwhile for a franchise to trade their franchise player to you.
That's not how trades happen, even if there's a franchise player involved.

History has taught us that they get quantities (good one's) but they are rarely traded for Zibanejad+ level players.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
That's not how trades happen, even if there's a franchise player involved.

History has taught us that they get quantities (good one's) but they are rarely traded for Zibanejad+ level players.

Thats because there isn't history of a player like Jack Eichel in terms of talent, age, and contract status being traded.

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
Zibanejad is the future captain of the team. He's youngish, good 2-way fwd with ridiculous offensive instincts. He had the highest goal ratio this season... so yeah, a trade involving him, that's not gonna happen.

It'd be something along the lines:

1 st 2021
Buchnevich
DeAngelo
And a real good prospect
Potentially some other pieces (picks/prospects)

That's a young top 6 FWD
A young top 4 RHD elite offensive d-man
1 st + real good prospect

It's a package better than the majority of trades revolving franchise players.

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
Thats because there isn't history of a player like Jack Eichel in terms of talent, age, and contract status being traded.
I'll bet you 1000 $ that you'll get disappointed if you expect something along the lines Zibanejad + for Eichel. Are you down for it?

My last post is what you should expect, it's reasonable. The team trading their franchise player is ALWAYS disappointed with the return.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
I'll bet you 1000 $ that you'll get disappointed if you expect something along the lines Zibanejad + for Eichel. Are you down for it?

My last post is what you should expect, it's reasonable. The team trading their franchise player is ALWAYS disappointed with the return.

I'll bet you $100.00 he isn't being traded.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011

And I wouldn't want Zib in a trade for Eichel.. good player..but he is 2 yrs from UFA .. no thanks.

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
I'll bet you $100.00 he isn't being traded.
I never said he'll be traded this season. I simply stated that when it happens (within 3 years probably with your management...) you'll end up being disappointed with the return since you're not aiming for the moon. You're aiming for the whole galaxy.

What I'm trying to say is: Eichel is amazing, no doubt. But it's not how trades work, lower your expectations.

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
Did you just compare Gostisbehere to Adam Fox?????

Yup. Rasmus Ristolainen was at one point considered a shoo-in for not only a #1 overall defenseman, but also a potential Norris candidate.

Justin Faulk was at one point considered untouchable, so was Colton Paryko, and Morgan Reilly.

Defensemen are a lot more finicky to project than forwards.

Adam Fox had a good year, but his first pro year was as a 22-year-old. So until he not only repeats it, but improves on it for a number of years, he isn't a sure thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad