Rumor: Jack Eichel Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
New to the party here, but have to wonder if Buffalo's asking price was something like Fox + Zibanejad + Kakko?

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
New to the party here, but have to wonder if Buffalo's asking price was something like Fox + Zibanejad + Kakko?
That's insane price. Eichel isnt that good of a player. That's a 50ish point 1/2RHD moving forward, a ppg 1C (maybe higher) and one of the highest upside wingers in the game for Eichel. Rangers would be completely idiotic to make that deal.

Sam Pollock

Mar 1, 2013
Calgary
It just sounds like teams wanted to see if they could take advantage of a new gm. I can't see Buffalo giving up on him right now.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Nothing lol about what I said I only think maybe 2-3 players are worth that type of package (mcdavid, mack, drai).

If this zibinajad is the real deal moving forward the rangers would be dumb to trade him. I dont know if hell be a 100+ pace player moving forward but zibinajad has already delivered for the rangers. Really risky trading him and hoping eichel can replicate that level of play

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
That's insane price. Eichel isnt that good of a player. That's a 50ish point 1/2RHD moving forward, a ppg 1C, and one of the highest upside wingers in the game for Eichel. Rangers would be completely idiotic to make that deal.
Oh I totally agree, I'm just speculating about the theoretical offer that was allegedly made to NYR.

Honestly I don't think Eichel is all that much more valuable than Fox. Dude is going to be a perennial Norris contender for the next decade IMO.

thefutures

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2017
THERE IS NO ASKING PRICE !!!
Man it says clearly they floated something that would be an automatic no from the rangers. A hypothetical offer if you will, so it was definitely a huge ask. We get it Buffalo doesn't want to move him, doesn't mean you get to blatantly disregard what's reported.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Oh I totally agree, I'm just speculating about the theoretical offer that was allegedly made to NYR.

Honestly I don't think Eichel is all that much more valuable than Fox. Dude is going to be a perennial Norris contender for the next decade IMO.
I'm not that high on fox but he is a pretty great asset by himself (top pairing upside at the min) and adding those other two pieces is just insane.

Sabres become immediately a much better team from that trade and can be contending for a playoff spot next year. Rangers best bet is to stay patient imo. They've got 3 ELC years for Laf. They have a lot of young talent and no real glaring flaws on their team moving forward besides 2C. They would be better suited targetting a good 2C then a guy like eichel who would cripple to get. Think rangers need to avoid big name chasing and look at a trade options for the 2C upgrade

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Man it says clearly they floated something that would be an automatic no from the rangers. A hypothetical offer if you will, so it was definitely a huge ask. We get it Buffalo doesn't want to move him, doesn't mean you get to blatantly disregard what's reported.
I for one would totally take the word of someone from a Rangers fansite.

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
That's insane price. Eichel isnt that good of a player. That's a 50ish point 1/2RHD moving forward, a ppg 1C (maybe higher) and one of the highest upside wingers in the game for Eichel. Rangers would be completely idiotic to make that deal.
You give up Matthews for that offer?

Exactly.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
I'm not that high on fox but he is a pretty great asset by himself (top pairing upside at the min) and adding those other two pieces is just insane.

Sabres become immediately a much better team from that trade and can be contending for a playoff spot next year. Rangers best bet is to stay patient imo. They've got 3 ELC years for Laf. They have a lot of young talent and no real glaring flaws on their team moving forward besides 2C. They would be better suited targetting a good 2C then a guy like eichel who would cripple to get. Think rangers need to avoid big name chasing and look at a trade options for the 2C upgrade
Yeah that's why I'd think its something Davidson and Gorton "wouldn't ever consider".

I probably wouldn't even do any 2 of those assets, let alone all 3. But I would also bet Buffalo wouldn't do it without all 3.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in

AKA if we’re trading our franchise player, pay up and it will hurt you and not hurt us (other than pissed off Sabres fans but we’re all at that point now anyway. Like throw garbage cans through doors pissed and not “burn the HSBC Arena down” pissed)

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Sabres made an offer the the Rangers that included Eichel! Sounds like they want to move on from him then?

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Can someone please explain to me why even someone who is as dumb as Pegula would make a move that would lead to the vast majority of his STH to drop their plans? Do you know how much money the team would lose drawing 7-8k a freaking night? They'd die far quicker than the Whalers did post Francis trade.

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
profetkeyboards.com
Can someone please explain to me why even someone who is as dumb as Pegula would make a move that would lead to the vast majority of his STH to drop their plans? Do you know how much money the team would lose drawing 7-8k a freaking night? They'd die far quicker than the Whalers did post Francis trade.

Can the KeyBank center hold more than "7-8k a freaking night" with everyone 6 feet apart?

Because with or without Eichel, that's our new reality.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
You give up Matthews for that offer?

Exactly.
Yes 100% I would. That's an insane deal. Leafs get back an elite RHD, a 1C to replace matthews(not as good I think moving forward but still very high end player) and kakko who should be an great 2nd line winger atleast for his ELC.

Leafs still have 2 great centers, but now would have 3 extremely good wingers in marner, nylander, kakko along with fox to play with rielly and close to enough space to still add Pietranagelo if he wanted to come here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad