Rumor: Jack Eichel Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
I never said he'll be traded this season. I simply stated that when it happens (within 3 years probably with your management...) you'll end up being disappointed with the return since you're not aiming for the moon. You're aiming for the whole galaxy.

What I'm trying to say is: Eichel is amazing, no doubt. But it's not how trades work, lower your expectations.

So stop making present day offers.
My expectations change as time changes and the variables change.

Right now my expectations are sky.high... ill let you know in 3 years where they're at.

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013

Right now my expectations are sky.high... ill let you know in 3 years where they're at.
You're expectations are wack, even if a trade happened this year.

I'll bet you my house (which is worth a lot more than $100k) that you'll be disappointed IF a trade happens this season with Eichel in it.

Get a grip.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
You're expectations are wack, even if a trade happened this year.

I'll bet you my house (which is worth a lot more than $100k) that you'll be disappointed IF a trade happens this season with Eichel in it.

Get a grip.

I'll bet you a quadrillion dollars man.

You don't even know the specifics of my expectations because I haven't given any because the rumor is a joke from a joke blogger.

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
I'll bet you $100.00 he isn't being traded.

You can count on him asking for a trade if the Sabres are cellar dwellers the next couple years. These Buffalo fans thinking Eichel is a lifelong Sabre and that he is happy where he's at are delusional.

Sabre fans are gonna be pissed when he doesn't return 9 first round picks, the 5 best players on a roster, and 18 prospects from a team

Reactions: ICanMotteBelieveIt

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
You can count on him asking for a trade if the Sabres are cellar dwellers the next couple years. These Buffalo fans thinking Eichel is a lifelong Sabre and that he is happy where he's at are delusional.

Sabre fans are gonna be pissed when he doesn't return 9 first round picks, the 5 best players on a roster, and 18 prospects from a team

Of.course he is going to want out if they don't turn sh*t around.

And no.. I dont see him as a lifelong Sabre... I fully expect him to go to Boston as a UFA i
When he gets there.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012

I mean as they should be.
If Eichel is traded and the sabres don’t get:

Quality top line replacement (you’ll never get a player as good as Eichel, but someone who isn’t a slouch)
An elite/blue chip piece
At least 2 firsts

like, it’s a loss. You’d want some contract control on one of the pieces too (like coming into as RFA or at least under control for another 3-4 years).

Reactions: Beerz

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011

QFT

Someone is definitely delusional.

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
I hope he asks for a trade just for the gongshow it'll bring on HfBoards, lol.

I think he'll ask for a trade within 3 years, probably within 2 years. That management won't ice a good enough team and it's clear that he's pissed about it. He's been pretty vocal about it IMO.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Yup. Rasmus Ristolainen was at one point considered a shoo-in for not only a #1 overall defenseman, but also a potential Norris candidate.

Justin Faulk was at one point considered untouchable, so was Colton Paryko, and Morgan Reilly.

Defensemen are a lot more finicky to project than forwards.

Adam Fox had a good year, but his first pro year was as a 22-year-old. So until he not only repeats it, but improves on it for a number of years, he isn't a sure thing.

Would you say the same thing about Makar and Hughes?

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Yup. Rasmus Ristolainen was at one point considered a shoo-in for not only a #1 overall defenseman, but also a potential Norris candidate.

Justin Faulk was at one point considered untouchable, so was Colton Paryko, and Morgan Reilly.

Defensemen are a lot more finicky to project than forwards.

I was never high on Risto and I have been one of Faulk's biggest critics.

You need to watch Adam Fox play hockey if you think his play resembles anything remotely similar to anyone mentioned above.

Adam Fox had a good year, but his first pro year was as a 22-year-old. So until he not only repeats it, but improves on it for a number of years, he isn't a sure thing.

I guess we can say the same thing for Rasmus Dahlin? He had a good rookie year but his ES xGF% plummeted to 43.67% as a sophomore. Among Buffalo skaters, only Marcus Johansson had a lower xGF% than Dahlin last year, and he was last among Sabres defensemen with a -3.66 rel xGF% at ES. His xGA/60 of 2.83 was the worst amongst all Sabres. And this is with him getting sheltered zone starts...

Fox is honestly more of a sure thing to me than Dahlin because he's already taken the developmental steps necessary to be an elite 2 way defender (as he should, he's 2 years older). I think it's likely Dahlin can take those steps, but he hasn't yet.

GOALOFSSON

Game Changer
Jun 6, 2018
Aspland
I hope he asks for a trade just for the gongshow it'll bring on HfBoards, lol.

I think he'll ask for a trade within 3 years, probably within 2 years. That management won't ice a good enough team and it's clear that he's pissed about it. He's been pretty vocal about it IMO.

If he doesn't ask for a trade by the end of this season, a 21yo Dahlin would more than likely be enough to keep him here.

Never mind Cozens and our 8OA coming up. Still don't know why some think the Sabres will be bad forever just because.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Back to Eichel for a moment.....It's clear he is tired of losing. If Buffalo can become a contender things will settle down. It's no different than the discontent a guy like McDavid has expressed. The players need to be part of the solution but team management needs to do their part. Buffalo has been a bit of a gong show for a while now even though they have two linchpin pieces to build around.

Reactions: Der Jaeger

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
I was never high on Risto and I have been one of Faulk's biggest critics.

You need to watch Adam Fox play hockey if you think his play resembles anything remotely similar to anyone mentioned above.

I guess we can say the same thing for Rasmus Dahlin? He had a good rookie year but his ES xGF% plummeted to 43.67% as a sophomore. Among Buffalo skaters, only Marcus Johansson had a lower xGF% than Dahlin last year, and he was last among Sabres defensemen with a -3.66 rel xGF% at ES. His xGA/60 of 2.83 was the worst amongst all Sabres. And this is with him getting sheltered zone starts...

Fox is honestly more of a sure thing to me than Dahlin because he's already taken the developmental steps necessary to be an elite 2 way defender (as he should, he's 2 years older). I think it's likely Dahlin can take those steps, but he hasn't yet.

lmao

Dahlin was 18 when he started in the NHL and is the second-highest scoring teenage defenseman in NHL history. Dahlin's even strength numbers "dipped" his second year because he took over Risto's spot on PP1, he played on PP2 his rookie year. His overall scoring rate increased his sophomore year.

The rise of Swedish defensemen: How Hedman, others have taken over the NHL

4hfs5i.jpg

Reactions: sabremike

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
If he doesn't ask for a trade by the end of this season, a 21yo Dahlin would more than likely be enough to keep him here.

Never mind Cozens and our 8OA coming up. Still don't know why some think the Sabres will be bad forever just because.
Bad contracts, bad depth etc.

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
In what way is AL even close to Eichel?

If he reaches his max potential he may come close to what Eichel is as a wing. However, Eichel is a C and continues to develop each year. Lafreniere would have to become a 120 wing to be worth Eichel.
Did you even read my post?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad