Rumor: Jack Eichel Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
If he doesn't ask for a trade by the end of this season, a 21yo Dahlin would more than likely be enough to keep him here.

Never mind Cozens and our 8OA coming up. Still don't know why some think the Sabres will be bad forever just because.

THIS 8th OA will be different, just don't look at all the other disappointments they've drafted there. What kind of idiot would leave a future dynasty with Mittlestadt, Nylander, Cozens, and ANOTHER 8th coming up?

Last edited:

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
I love this mindset. Let's wait for the hypothetical FA signing that almost never happens.
Let’s be honest if a player goes to FA and it’s known the rangers are interested 99 out of 100 we get our guy. Panarin left cash on the table to be a ranger

Sam Pollock

Mar 1, 2013
Calgary
Rangers wont give up on Fox.
Sabre's fans would burn down arena if Eichel was traded
Remember border towns like Buffalo and Detroit sell lots of tickets to Canadians that might not be able to go to US

The ask was this or very close to it

To Rangers Eichel top 5 value in NHL with over 7m already payed for next year
To Sabre's Lafreniere, Zibanejad, Shesterkin, Miller, Anderson and 2021 1st rd pick

That's how much the Sabre's value Eichel

I think the Rangers would have to think about at least, but would wait it out
I agree with you 100%. I think the Sabres were asking for the moon for Eichel because you can't replace talent like that so easily. I think the Rangers were kicking tires to see if they could get Eichel for less than true value and inquired to see what it would take. That doesn't mean the Rangers put forth an offer.

section 218

Jan 31, 2007
I agree with you 100%. I think the Sabres were asking for the moon for Eichel because you can't replace talent like that so easily. I think the Rangers were kicking tires to see if they could get Eichel for less than true value and inquired to see what it would take. That doesn't mean the Rangers put forth an offer.
You are correct the rangers just asked the Sabres what it would take

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018

/thread

If NYR wants to ask, I would be concerned if our new GM wouldn't listen. Our new GM asked for the moon because he isn't being considered. Get over it.

Reactions: seagull

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
lol imagine taking a GM at their word to the public? Remember when Bergevin said the Habs wouldn't trade PK Subban? Good times.

Don't believe for a second what team execs tell the media/public is the truth. Besides...what else is he supposed to say?

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
lol imagine taking a GM at their word to the public? Remember when Bergevin said the Habs wouldn't trade PK Subban? Good times.

Don't believe for a second what team execs tell the media/public is the truth. Besides...what else is he supposed to say?

Yeah, obviously a Ranger fan with a blog is a more credible source than the GM of the Buffalo Sabres.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Yeah, obviously a Ranger fan with a blog is a more credible source than the GM of the Buffalo Sabres.
Not saying they are more credible. Just saying that you really can't trust a GM when that is literally the only thing they can say to the public without it going haywire.

Taking team execs at their word is a dangerous thing.

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018
Not saying they are more credible. Just saying that you really can't trust a GM when that is literally the only thing they can say to the public without it going haywire.

Taking team execs at their word is a dangerous thing.

GM's never directly say a player is available, but if they are asked directly about someone who is actually available they say something obscure like "everyone is available for the right price", they don't directly shut it down like Adams did.

Come on this guy is a rookie GM, he isn't going to trade f*cking Eichel a couple weeks into his role :laugh:

section 218

Jan 31, 2007
GM's never directly say a player is available, but if they are asked directly about someone who is actually available they say something obscure like "everyone is available for the right price", they don't directly shut it down like Adams did.

Come on this guy is a rookie GM, he isn't going to trade f*cking Eichel a couple weeks into his role :laugh:

section 218

Jan 31, 2007
Sure he would if you offered McDavid and Draisaitl
He couldn’t say no would even throw in 8th overall ++
Anyone can get traded for the right price/ridiculous offer

Asinine

yer opinion is wrong
Feb 28, 2013
If Eichel was mad before. imagine how mad he will be next year when they miss the playoffs again and Hall walks.

Mine should be the last post.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
Let’s be honest if a player goes to FA and it’s known the rangers are interested 99 out of 100 we get our guy. Panarin left cash on the table to be a ranger

Wait... that can't be right. Leafs fans assured us that signing players in a high tax market was a huge problem compared to tax free states

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad