Player Discussion Jack Eichel Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Still think there's another gear in Jack.

The way he's been playing lately, I think the last "gear" for him to hit is consistency. The last handful of games, he's been comfortably over a point/game pace, defensively sound, and a physical force to be reckoned with. Now if we can just get that Jack to show up every game...

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
The way he's been playing lately, I think the last "gear" for him to hit is consistency. The last handful of games, he's been comfortably over a point/game pace, defensively sound, and a physical force to be reckoned with. Now if we can just get that Jack to show up every game...
Sorry, but nobody can do that every game. Not Crosby, McDavid, Mac, Barkov. The idea that everyone plays at their maximum every game is a fantasy. When he is feeling it I want him to score and create. When he is not, shut down the other team's top guys. Every now and then do both. I think that is the most anyone can ask for.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Sorry, but nobody can do that every game. Not Crosby, McDavid, Mac, Barkov. The idea that everyone plays at their maximum every game is a fantasy. When he is feeling it I want him to score and create. When he is not, shut down the other team's top guys. Every now and then do both. I think that is the most anyone can ask for.

Of course everyone has off nights. Probably what I should've said is that we need that (dominant) Jack to show up more consistently going forward and for his bad games to get closer to his good ones.

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
Of course everyone has off nights. Probably what I should've said is that we need that (dominant) Jack to show up more consistently going forward and for his bad games to get closer to his good ones.
That would be nice. I simply point out that the night he is off, the board will erupt with white hot takes.

Reactions: joshjull

BananaSquad

Jun 13, 2013
Niagara
What do you mean? He needs to be like every damn night or he can pack his shit and get out of town.

darcyRegier

Mar 27, 2017
13 game point streak, 42 points in 31 games. On pace for 47 goals and 111 points. Doing this all with nowhere near the amount of offensive support that other top 10 scorers have.

It’s truly remarkable what Jack is doing so far this year. I also love how nasty and difficult to defend he is down low behind the net in the o-zone. I can only imagine what he’d be doing with a Draisaitl, Marchand, Rantanen, etc. on his line.

That’s my captain.

FloridaSabresFan

Nov 5, 2019

Got to post this. 49 second mark, maybe we did. He is getting there. Even though we lost the lottery I absolutely love the response.

Last edited:

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
Tied for 1st in ES goals and tied with McDavid in ES points (4th). Just imagine if our PP wasn't complete trash.

Reactions: joshjull

mechaworm

Nov 5, 2019
It's very telling how selfless his linemates have become -- to their credit. They recognize that their job is to maximize Jack. They can do a lot more damage when they cycle one more time, set the rush off with him carrying the puck. When he took the entire PP last night, too, it showed that he's superordinate among his teammates. He's not just the team's 1C. He sits in a tier above everyone else.

Let's also remember that this is a streak for now, still (or at least, until it's not). The idea that it's Jack and McDavid at the top of the league is convenient this month. I'll be surprised if it sticks.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
I think Jack's strength is the most underrated part of his game. The guy is a physical beast.

Ya man, if I could design a hockey body from scratch I'm using Eichel as a model. Y'know those inflatable punching toys that pop back up? Eichel's like that from the waist up, just a ridiculous core to take some of the hits he takes without breaking stride or losing his balance.

Also- like, lemme fanboy a bit- I'm just so happy to have this guy. Dude seems to have matured a ton, he just honestly seems a good dude and a good leader at this point. He's better with the media. He puts team first. He never gets caught with his pants down. Like, of all the star players to have- idk, he's up there with Crosby for me in terms of professionalism, keeping his nose clean, focusing on what's important. I love Giroux, for instance, but that cop incident ain't a great look. McDavid, idk how great a communicator he is. Obviously I'm biased, but in terms of just eye-test leadership qualities, Eichel stands out to me as having grown into one of the best in the league. Just really cool to see him come into his own, some NHLers never grow up and I feel like Jack has realized that for his game to grow, he needs to grow as well.

Reactions: slip

Montag DP

Sabres fan in...
Apr 4, 2007
...Maryland
It's very telling how selfless his linemates have become -- to their credit. They recognize that their job is to maximize Jack. They can do a lot more damage when they cycle one more time, set the rush off with him carrying the puck. When he took the entire PP last night, too, it showed that he's superordinate among his teammates. He's not just the team's 1C. He sits in a tier above everyone else.

Let's also remember that this is a streak for now, still (or at least, until it's not). The idea that it's Jack and McDavid at the top of the league is convenient this month. I'll be surprised if it sticks.
In a way, but on the other hand, I'm sure they know that passing the puck to Jack generally has a positive influence on their own stat line.

SabresSharks

Oct 2, 2007
He's improved every season. Still has upside imho.

I feared he just wasn't smart enough on the ice to realize his potential. I'm improving too ... I've learned not to doubt him.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
On a serious note, how much credit belongs to Krueger for Eichel’s game. He’s playing very well away from puck too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad