Player Discussion Jack Eichel Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
I was wondering the same thing. He bought Whaley's place right?
Yeah, I'm curious about that myself because yes...he did. I remember him talking about his parents helping him move in and helping him shop for furniture but this is the first time I've ever heard about Sam living there.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey

DueUTAhXgAET_hD.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: BananaSquad

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
That’s a good article with some insight into how he wants to keep the feeling in the room. Without getting into the same argument..let’s just say it’s the opposite of the quiet introspection of the three years that preceded.

The podcast that had the Botterill interview also had some Eichel talk amongst the hosts where they raved about Eichel’s growth and how they couldn’t believe it was the same guy when they talked with him during the offseason events.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Knowing that no matter what we have Eichel and Dahlin under team control for 6 years minimum is amazing. I truly think those 2 are good enough to carry any team to the playoffs on their own. A top 5 forward+best D in the league can take us far.

Eichel and Dahlins combined age is nearly the same as Joe Thornton to put it in perspective.

I still think Jack has another level to his play that still has not been reached yet. I truly believe he will within the next 2 seasons solidify himself as the #2 forward after McDavid. McDavid being Crosby, Eichel Ovechkin, Matthews Malkin, Rantanen Kane and MacKinnon Stamkos (not play type but status/production etc)

When Jack is up for a new deal give him another 8 year extension and keep him here for life. I think he goes down as the best forward in team history. Perreault was amazing but he was not really head and shoulders above other elite players. Jack can be.

Tsyolin

Amerks Enthusiast
May 26, 2018
DC
Eichel's having a breakout year. He really needs to be in the Hart conversation should this keep up.

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
This guy wants a Hart. He just might get it depending on how voters deal with the Avs guys and Ovechkin if he wins the Rocket with 60+ goals.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
I don't think I've ever seen a player use pace/space quite like Eichel does. It's insane- he doesn't just blow past everyone every time, but instead keeps his head up and is ready to make a play at any moment. If you play too far back he'll pull up and make a move from there, but stick close to him and all of a sudden he'll power past you. I can't fanboy over his game enough- you can tell when he has the puck without looking at the number sometimes, just that cerebral "options open" sorta style he has seems pretty unique to me.

Reactions: SabresSharks

SabresSharks

Oct 2, 2007
He's become everything that every hater on here said he wouldn't.
I don't think there are (were?) many true haters among us.

The impatient types, like me, are seeing the player we always believed Eichel could become. The wait has proven to be well worth while.

SabresSharks

Oct 2, 2007
I don't think I've ever seen a player use pace/space quite like Eichel does. It's insane- he doesn't just blow past everyone every time, but instead keeps his head up and is ready to make a play at any moment. If you play too far back he'll pull up and make a move from there, but stick close to him and all of a sudden he'll power past you. I can't fanboy over his game enough- you can tell when he has the puck without looking at the number sometimes, just that cerebral "options open" sorta style he has seems pretty unique to me.
Yes, he's turning into a master at exploiting whatever gap the d-man covering him is playing.

It seems like his zone entry gets better every game. We see the futile 1-on-too-many forays less, because he takes what he's given at the blue line instead.

His board play is so much improved as well. He's gone from "Yes, Jack, there's the puck. Go battle for it. That's your job." to "Holy shit! How'd he dig that puck loose?"

He's barely 22. It's reasonable to expect him to improve. It's scary to think how good he might become.

Dear Santa, please send secondary scoring.

schpaff

Sep 4, 2005
I don't think there are (were?) many true haters among us.

The impatient types, like me, are seeing the player we always believed Eichel could become. The wait has proven to be well worth while.
Their out there....the ones that don’t know hockey or never laced em up without breaking an ankle trying. I should feel sad about the critism levied on him by those...alas, i don’t . Eichel is a franchise player.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Their out there....the ones that don’t know hockey or never laced em up without breaking an ankle trying. I should feel sad about the critism levied on him by those...alas, i don’t . Eichel is a franchise player.

To be fair, some might be jaded from watching Vanek play or something- dude put up points, but good god he could be frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad