Player Discussion Jack Eichel Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I don't think there are (were?) many true haters among us.

The impatient types, like me, are seeing the player we always believed Eichel could become. The wait has proven to be well worth while.

Oh, that quote wasn't a stab at any Sabres fans at all. Actually, mainly the dipshit Leafs fans that infest this website.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Their out there....the ones that don’t know hockey or never laced em up without breaking an ankle trying. I should feel sad about the critism levied on him by those...alas, i don’t . Eichel is a franchise player.

As someone who is pretty darn harsh on criticizing Eichel, it's always been done so from a place of high expectations/standards. I've always felt he was a guy who could physically get 4 PPG if he tried. His physical skillset is ridiculous. He still has areas in his game he needs to clean up and improve upon, which is crazy to think about. If he ever gets a forechecking monster, or a power forward on his line, this league is in absolute trouble. I would love to see what Jack can do with another guy strong on the boards. We've seen what he can do with a guy at the crease.

Reactions: SabresSharks

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
His puck handling has improved so much, shorter stick?

Yep. I said this all along, even Jack alluded to how every year since he's been a pro his stick keeps getting shorter and shorter.

The one constant about every centre in the NHL is that there stick is always shorter when the retire then when they begin. The only people who think the length of stick have never played hockey, everyone is going to handle the puck better with a shorter stick (to an extent). But, you also lose a bit on your shot unless you go down in flex.

Orange Fanta

Jun 22, 2016
Yep. I said this all along, even Jack alluded to how every year since he's been a pro his stick keeps getting shorter and shorter.

The one constant about every centre in the NHL is that there stick is always shorter when the retire then when they begin. The only people who think the length of stick have never played hockey, everyone is going to handle the puck better with a shorter stick (to an extent). But, you also lose a bit on your shot unless you go down in flex.
I think that also effects his shot in the begining of the year like last year his shot was missing wide sometimes flubbed off his stick but as the season went on his shot got back to normal and his goal scoring increased as he got more comfortable, same looks to be happening this year.

start winnin

NO MORE TANK BOYS
May 7, 2011
Buffalo
Jack has been an absolute unit for us. He took the 'C' and ran away with it by leading this team to where they are now. I can't believe my eyes when I see the player he is today and what he can become. The puck skills, the athleticism, he's going to be a monster.

Jack will make history for us one day.

Reactions: Fearnot

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
In many ways I’m not sure that he has drastically raised his play so much, as showing how much production his force of nature puck control skills can enable with two excellent wingers and finally a true sniper with Jack and Sam.

That line is just so dangerous. Any guy is expected to beat at least one checker, by skating, handle or passing. If Jeff Skinner is in a dangerous area of the ice unguarded for just a moment, one of the other put the puck in his wheelhouse at a stupid rate.

Jack should get even more space as opponents start to over mark Skinner.

Goathead

Jan 28, 2015
Niagara Falls, ON
When one of the goalies from another team (maybe it was holtby) said he’s Getzlaf who can skate it made me so happy. He is being recognized in the league as an elite play maker. I know he has a better shot than Getzlaf so I think we’ve got something pretty special here.

Reactions: Der Jaeger

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
In many ways I’m not sure that he has drastically raised his play so much, as showing how much production his force of nature puck control skills can enable with two excellent wingers and finally a true sniper with Jack and Sam.

That line is just so dangerous. Any guy is expected to beat at least one checker, by skating, handle or passing. If Jeff Skinner is in a dangerous area of the ice unguarded for just a moment, one of the other put the puck in his wheelhouse at a stupid rate.

Skinner is normally so open because the other team doesn't want Eichel to beat them....they have like 2 to 3 guys pressing him hard often when he enters the zone otherwise he's gonna make them pay.

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY

He has raised his game tremendously, especially in hos own end.

Reactions: Gabrielor

Doohickie

Ft Worth (from Bflo)
Feb 16, 2013
I think he displayed that game several times leading up to this season. The problem was, there was no point. If he couldn't finish the job himself, there wasn't anyone to pass to. It wasn't just the other players on the team, it was the way the team played positionally. Finally he has a guy who finds the greasy spots so when the opposition finally catch up to Eichel and shut him down, he's got a valid option to keep the play going.

Sometimes it's Skinner, but sometimes it's a pinching D-man. He seems to have a lot of confidence in Dahlin to keep a play going (and with good reason).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland