News: Jack Eichel not happy in Buffalo [JACK EICHEL MEGATHREAD] Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasekperreault23

Nov 23, 2018
Yzerman laughs so hard his phone explodes. That's an awful trade and you should feel awful for suggesting it.

Just to be clear, I don't think any team should be trading for Eichel due to his contract. Eichel has never been a 10 million dollar player, and especially after this injury he won't be a 10 million dollar player. Unless you are a perennial Art Ross/Richard/Norris contender you shouldn't be getting a max level contract.

From Yzerman's standpoint, you are asking for THREE firsts to take over 12% of the team's cap on a player who has a significant chance of never being PPG again. Yzerman has no interest in saving Buffalo from their own ineptitude.
Not a big Eichel fan because of attitude but his talent is undeniable. To say he won't be the same at 24 very purculiar thing to say. Eichel isn't getting traded for draft picks thats doesn't make sense to me.Just because you don't like the player it doesn't mean your agenda should blind you in value

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
Not a big Eichel fan because of attitude but his talent is undeniable. To say he won't be the same at 24 very purculiar thing to say. Eichel isn't getting traded for draft picks thats doesn't make sense to me.Just because you don't like the player it doesn't mean your agenda should blind you in value

I like Eichel, he's an excellent player and he got dealt a shit hand with a hard to diagnose and hard to treat injury.

By my criteria he's not a 10 million dollar player when healthy. This isn't my personal bias, it's just the criteria by which I evaluate players. If you aren't scoring 100 points, 50 goals, or gathering first place Norris votes, you aren't a 10 million dollar player. The Buffalo Sabres gave him an 80 million dollar contract at the age of 22 when he had never achieved a 90 point or 40 goal season. That's bad management.

Hasekperreault23

Nov 23, 2018
I like Eichel, he's an excellent player and he got dealt a shit hand with a hard to diagnose and hard to treat injury.

By my criteria he's not a 10 million dollar player when healthy. This isn't my personal bias, it's just the criteria by which I evaluate players. If you aren't scoring 100 points, 50 goals, or gathering first place Norris votes, you aren't a 10 million dollar player. The Buffalo Sabres gave him an 80 million dollar contract at the age of 22 when he had never achieved a 90 point or 40 goal season. That's bad management.
Before covid almost everyone thought it was a great contract based on his talent and still considered a solid contract based on his age

Reactions: itwasaforwardpass

6zag

Apr 30, 2016

Beeuhbq.gif

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Eichel is an outstanding player, I do feel like Buffalo deserve a truly top-notch youngster in return, like a Zegras/Byfield type. But honestly, I think they’ll more likely end up with some garbage like Kakko and sweeteners.

I think Eichel wants to be a Ranger, and whoever deals for him is gonna want to make sure he’s committed. If he forces his way to a single team, the return is gonna suck, just like the trash return the Sabres got for Hall, who would basically only go to Boston.

If Eichel is down for numerous top suitors though, like any of Rangers/Kings/Ducks, then they should be able to get a quality return. But I do expect him to force his way onto one team, which will really hurt the return.

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
Sabre fans are going to be disappointed with the price for sure. They’ll get solid assets in return but yep a Laf + Kakko package won’t
happen. And say well then he won’t get traded to the Rangers, the Kings won’t trade Byfield and Turcote. So question is where else will you look for a deal?

Then Eichel doesn't move. He's worth more than two underwhelming Rangers anyways.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Eichel is an outstanding player, I do feel like Buffalo deserve a truly top-notch youngster in return, like a Zegras/Byfield type. But honestly, I think they’ll more likely end up with some garbage like Kakko and sweeteners.

I think Eichel wants to be a Ranger, and whoever deals for him is gonna want to make sure he’s committed. If he forces his way to a single team, the return is gonna suck, just like the trash return the Sabres got for Hall, who would basically only go to Boston.

If Eichel is down for numerous top suitors though, like any of Rangers/Kings/Ducks, then they should be able to get a quality return. But I do expect him to force his way onto one team, which will really hurt the return.

He really can't force anything though until his no-trade kicks in next year. He'll play for whoever owns his rights.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
He really can't force anything though until his no-trade kicks in next year. He'll play for whoever owns his rights.
Yeah, but I don’t think teams will give up truly outstanding pieces, like Zegras/Byfield, without knowing that Eichel wants to be there.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Yeah, but I don’t think teams will give up truly outstanding pieces, like Zegras/Byfield, without knowing that Eichel wants to be there.

Zegras and Byfield couldn't be had even if he wanted to go there. Maybe if there was a win-now team that needed a 1C and happened to have both cap room and a similar level young player to those two. Can't think of anyone like that though.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
At this point, I have zero interest in trading Vilardi. He's probably been the best forward on the ice in the second half of the season for the Kings playing on the third line with different line mates. He's shown confidence and flash in play making and scoring goals. He's showing why he was a first round pick. The injury question has been answered with his durability the last two seasons.

Yeah I was responding to LA fan saying looking to add at W.
Buch checks there
Strome defrays hit on loss of Vilardi
prospect + pick

but I get why you prefer the best player

Reactions: Guitpik

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
Yeah I was responding to LA fan saying looking to add at W.
Buch checks there
Strome defrays hit on loss of Vilardi
prospect + pick

but I get why you prefer the best player

Villardi would be a nice player to add to the Rangers. But, right now, he isn't nearly worth that package. I don't see how that is even up for discussion.
Kings fans may really like the guy, as they should, but let's be realistic.

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.

I get what you say about Zegras and Byfield, but Kakko ain't garbage. Slow start, Work In Progress, he's only 40!, yadda yadda.

How do you feel about an Eichel trade around Werenski plus? (1st, Texier, any grade A prospects; not sure Korpisalo is very interesting or the other non-core skaters in the Jackets roster. Keks likely wants to keep Cam & Boone just to show the Joneses Ohio isn't some backwater really.)

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Villardi would be a nice player to add to the Rangers. But, right now, he isn't nearly worth that package. I don't see how that is even up for discussion.
Kings fans may really like the guy, as they should, but let's be realistic.

There are times to overpay, and times to not.
This is a former high 1st, elc, etc

IF Kings were to even consider, both short and long term needs have to be met with acceptable profit.

This propped deal did that.

Hasekperreault23

Nov 23, 2018

Then we keep him plain and simple.Hall was a UFA big difference

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019

Is there anything to support him wanting to be a Ranger? Nothing has indicated the Rangers are his preferred destination.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Vancouver makes a ton of sense. They have the type of C that Buffalo should be going for - someone with an all around strong game, good work ethic and attitude to help lead the team. If Vancouver is really wanting Eichel, something around Horvat, Boeser and futures for Eichel and someone like Middlestadt - a contract that isn't nearly as valuable as the other pieces in the deal - might make sense.

Reactions: bernmeister

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018
Vancouver makes a ton of sense. They have the type of C that Buffalo should be going for - someone with an all around strong game, good work ethic and attitude to help lead the team. If Vancouver is really wanting Eichel, something around Horvat, Boeser and futures for Eichel and someone like Middlestadt - a contract that isn't nearly as valuable as the other pieces in the deal - might make sense.

Not even close. Pettersson and no Mitterlstadt if there's a deal here.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Not even close. Pettersson and no Mitterlstadt if there's a deal here.
That's why I included futures. I honestly think that Horvat is the guy Buffalo should be going for over Pettersson. Pettersson is better, but the biggest issue in Buffalo appears to be in the l0cker room. Horvat brings that more than Petersson, from what rumours state. Buffalo isn't going to get any teams #1 player either. That isn't typically how it works.

For the record, I'm not a Vancouver fan and would prefer Eichel to not find a home there, but it would make sense.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad