News: Jack Eichel not happy in Buffalo [JACK EICHEL MEGATHREAD] Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Would prefer to see something like:

Both 2021 1st round picks (MIN and PIT) + Fiala + Greenway

Fiala isn't old in anyway but I would think Buffalo would need at least one high end prospect similar aged to Cozens to run with. Take away the two 1sts and pick one of the prospects and they'd probably do that deal and try to convince Reinhart to stay and be the 1C till Cozens is ready.

HFBS

Noted Troublemaker
Jan 18, 2015
I think any team would be insane to give up major assets for anyone with this type of injury.

Unfortunately over the years my team has proven to be insane.

Reactions: bleedblue94

keglu

Jul 11, 2014
I disagree with the top 5 because real top 5 players produce no matter what. Look at McDavid on horrible Oiler teams, look at Lemieux on some awful Pens teams, Crosby produced with paint by number wingers. True top 5 players aren't hampered by 'offensively inept teams with incompetent coaching and surrounding support"

Eichel isn't as advertised.

You talking about Top 5 players in the league and then provide 3 generational talents as examples in the same sentence. Is anyone arguing Eichel is generational talent?
Mackinnon uis top 5 player and he had multiple seasons worse than Eichel worst one.

Oilslick941611

slapshot into the empty net...utterly irrelevant
Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
You talking about Top 5 players in the league and then provide 3 generational talents as examples in the same sentence. Is anyone arguing Eichel is generational talent?
Mackinnon uis top 5 player and he had multiple seasons worse than Eichel worst one.
I guess you are right about generational. I assumed. However, I do feel Mackinnon is overated and not top 5 and also people were comparing him to McDavid at draft time and draft plus 1 and McDavid was always touted as generational. So yeah, people have been arguing Eichel is a generational talent, and they were proven wrong in the ensuing years.

I just don't think Eichel as proven anything in the NHL yet, much less be in a conversation for top 5 centres. Time can prove me wrong, I just think true top 5 shine no matter the circumstances. I mean we aren't talking about some skilled guy thats getting 3rd line minutes here and then gets traded and gets more ice time and a bigger role in a new team, hes been getting primo ice time ( when he's playing and not hurt)

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
Of course there are a lot of maybes, but that's what GMs have to think about... the possible upsde/downside of moves and the likelihood. It's why most GMs are risk averse and will choose to "do nothing" because it seems safer.

But speaking of not being able to "wait and see" if prospects devleop- Buffalo now has a 10 year playoff drought. When they drafted Eichel most Sabres fans were predicting 2 or 3 years to get to the playoffs and maybe 5 to be some kind of contender. Well, we've now had 6 years of Eichel and not even in playoff contention in any of those years. They wasted Jack's ELC, they wasted Reinharts and Ristolainen's and now they've wasted Dahlin's and likely even Cozens'. How much longer do they wait and see? Maybe they should deal Cozens to CBJ for Merzlikins? I mean, they need a goalie and there are a lot of "maybes" in Cozens being more than a #2C... right?

Seems like LA is doing a great job of doing things right now and is on a great track. How's Buffalo's rebuild going?
The two to three years was realistic when we had ROR and a newly drafted Eichel. Patience was the key and they botched the O’Rielly trade. Organizationally they can’t make the same mistake with Eichel so they need to wait it out till they get what they want. Or don’t trade him at all and let him walk as a UFA in 5 years.

keglu

Jul 11, 2014
I guess you are right about generational. I assumed. However, I do feel Mackinnon is overated and not top 5 and also people were comparing him to McDavid at draft time and draft plus 1 and McDavid was always touted as generational. So yeah, people have been arguing Eichel is a generational talent, and they were proven wrong in the ensuing years.

I just don't think Eichel as proven anything in the NHL yet, much less be in a conversation for top 5 centres. Time can prove me wrong, I just think true top 5 shine no matter the circumstances. I mean we aren't talking about some skilled guy thats getting 3rd line minutes here and then gets traded and gets more ice time and a bigger role in a new team, hes been getting primo ice time ( when he's playing and not hurt)

So give me your Top 5, lets see how they shine regardless of circumstances.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
The two to three years was realistic when we had ROR and a newly drafted Eichel. Patience was the key and they botched the O’Rielly trade. Organizationally they can’t make the same mistake with Eichel so they need to wait it out till they get what they want. Or don’t trade him at all and let him walk as a UFA in 5 years.

I totally agree. They are better off holding onto him and trying to add around him. Other than the Duchene deal, teams generally lose these deals when they think they "have to" trade a guy.

keglu

Jul 11, 2014
McDavid
Draisaitl
Matthews
Crosby
Bergeron

Hon mentions

Barzal ( was wrong on him)
Tavares
Malkin
Point
Aho
Stamkos

Top 4 - fine, Malkin fine (when healthy)
Bergeron was 60 points player for most of his carrer.
Tavares, Point, Aho, Barzal are less productive than Eichel on better teams.
Stamkos- is he even playing center?

Wierd list btw with players like Barzal, Tavares, Stamkos and without Mackinnon, Barkov.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I see Eichel to the Golden Knights for some reason considering they tend to make the bigger unexpected splash.

What I see going to Buffalo is Cody Glass, Peyton Krebs, Rielly Smith, 1st 2021, 1st 2022, and NJD 2nd 2021.

Reactions: Team Cozens

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC
I see Eichel to the Golden Knights for some reason considering they tend to make the bigger unexpected splash.

What I see going to Buffalo is Cody Glass, Peyton Krebs, Rielly Smith, 1st 2021, 1st 2022, and NJD 2nd 2021.
I think that's a pretty fair deal, tbh. Glass is probably the most appealing name in the group but I think Krebs could turn into something really special. Those guys would both get immediate ice time.

Hasekperreault23

Nov 23, 2018

Even though I would hold onto eichel till midway next year when he is healthy and productive and if Sabres still suck I would do this deal as I love both prospects.Great solid proposal great job!

Ledge And Dairy

Trying to think of the offers the 4 teams who should be in on him who Buffalo would be willing to trade him to would offer.

LA: Turcotte + 2021 1st + Kempe
Ana: Drysdale + 2021 1st + Comtois
Minn: Bolby + Rossi + 2021 1st + Greenway
Ari: Soderstrom + Hayton + 2022 top 3 protected 1st + Crouse
LA and Anaheim should not be in on him. Thats too much from Minny

Reactions: Guitpik

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY

VGK (Krebs) is my favorite Eichel trade destination. Pretty much any scenario though would require the inclusion of Fleury and him waiving a NTC to Buffalo for 1 year. Not impossible, but certainly no guarantee.

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington

I agree and have posted the same. Especially if Vegas doesnt win the Cup this year.

Guitpik

Jul 8, 2006
Separate thread:
Buch + Strome + 2021 1st + LD prospect Reunanen + BUF 2021 3rd
for
Vilardi
At this point, I have zero interest in trading Vilardi. He's probably been the best forward on the ice in the second half of the season for the Kings playing on the third line with different line mates. He's shown confidence and flash in play making and scoring goals. He's showing why he was a first round pick. The injury question has been answered with his durability the last two seasons.

Reactions: bernmeister

Hatter of the Beach

I’m the real hero
Jun 26, 2017
Parkland Estates, Florida
If Wings win 1st OA would other teams fans find this a reasonable base

Wings get: Eichel and take on Okposo as a cap dump

Buffalo gets: Raymond, 1st OA, Washington’s first rounder this year, Oilers second this year

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
If Wings win 1st OA would other teams fans find this a reasonable base

Wings get: Eichel and take on Okposo as a cap dump

Buffalo gets: Raymond, 1st OA, Washington’s first rounder this year, Oilers second this year

Yzerman laughs so hard his phone explodes. That's an awful trade and you should feel awful for suggesting it.

Just to be clear, I don't think any team should be trading for Eichel due to his contract. Eichel has never been a 10 million dollar player, and especially after this injury he won't be a 10 million dollar player. Unless you are a perennial Art Ross/Richard/Norris contender you shouldn't be getting a max level contract.

From Yzerman's standpoint, you are asking for THREE firsts to take over 12% of the team's cap on a player who has a significant chance of never being PPG again. Yzerman has no interest in saving Buffalo from their own ineptitude.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->