News: Jack Eichel has changed agents

Techcoockie

Feb 3, 2020
Mtl
How is it a big advantage? Unless Brisson can convince his Friend to give up more for Eichel so that Buffalo will accept it, the stumbling block is that Buffalo won’t trade him unless the return is to their liking.
Brisson and Bergevin have a connection and do a lot of trades together, it always helps when the agent is a good friend of the team that want his player.. I mean it's basic deduction at this point.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Why do people think that who else Brisson represents has anything to do with what other GM will meet Adams' asking price to move Eichel?

I think this just shows that Eichel wasn't impressed with The Peters email blast & putting Prusmack on 31 Thoughts given that it didn't help him get out of Buffalo.

Reactions: TML1990

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
Why do people think that who else Brisson represents has anything to do with what other GM will meet Adams' asking price to move Eichel?

I think this just shows that Eichel wasn't impressed with The Peters email blast & putting Prusmack on 31 Thoughts given that it didn't help him get out of Buffalo.

Yeah, no kidding. Brisson doesn't get to hand pick where Eichel is traded.

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Not sure why some of you are wasting time looking up who else Brisson represents. Maybe if Eichel was a FA

Still comes down to Adam’s accepting an offer from another GM

Reactions: TML1990

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
If anything , switching agents means they are still not close to finding a trader Eichel wouldn’t switch agents if a deal was somewhat close and just needed a couple tweeks ?

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Brisson and Bergevin have a connection and do a lot of trades together, it always helps when the agent is a good friend of the team that want his player.. I mean it's basic deduction at this point.
I get that, but the team that has the final say on trading Eichel is Buffalo.

like I said, unless Brisson can convince his friend to offer up more for Eichel than any other team will, there is no advantage at all. If that’s what you’re saying, that Brisson will convince Bergevin to up his offer to get Eichel, then I agree, but is that really an advantage? I guess it depends on the cost.

Brisson’s friendship with Bergevin isn’t going to cause Buffalo to take a lower offer just to send Eichel to MTL. I won’t be surprised if Eichel ends up in MTL as they seem like a good fit.

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
I think this means Eichel will get traded soon.

I do think it gives Eichel some leverage in forcing the trade, but I'm not sure it will necessarily diminish the return. Having one of the most knowledgeable and experienced voices in the league facilitating this can really only help ensure it happens as smoothly as possible. Brisson can't really strong arm Buffalo without hurting himself long-term but he does have a lot of power and that raises the stakes. Ultimately, Buffalo won't want to piss off the most powerful agent in the NHL and will be forced to do anything that isn't self-destructive to make the trade happen. That said, this will also give Buffalo another voice to call around the league to smooth over negotiations and resolve impasses.

As long as Buffalo isn't the "problem" in this situation, they have anything to worry about. On the flip side, Brisson will be able to plant stories to support any future Eichel trade through his connections with the media, and he will better be able to evaluate Buffalo's demands and guide them in the landscape around the league. Again, as long as Buffalo is being reasonable, this should be fine.

Brisson will want a resolution too, so he can further improve his resume. Realistically, I think it gives Buffalo a bit of an "honest broker" in their negotiations with other GMs. The trade demand from EIchel's previous agents broke whatever relationship they had with Sabres management. Now, everyone can proceed with the understanding that they all have the same goal "Get Eichel traded". Before the switch, Buffalo's management was always going to be worried about being undermined in their efforts to get a good return by Eichel's representatives. I don't think they should have that same worry with Brisson. He's too well known, too professional, and too experienced. He'll be trying get Buffalo the best return so that this gets done, and forcing both sides of the trade together.

Reactions: Fatass

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
I think this means Eichel will get traded soon.

I do think it gives Eichel some leverage in forcing the trade, but I'm not sure it will necessarily diminish the return. Having one of the most knowledgeable and experienced voices in the league facilitating this can really only help ensure it happens as smoothly as possible. Brisson can't really strong arm Buffalo without hurting himself long-term but he does have a lot of power and that raises the stakes. Ultimately, Buffalo won't want to piss off the most powerful agent in the NHL and will be forced to do anything that isn't self-destructive to make the trade happen. That said, this will also give Buffalo another voice to call around the league to smooth over negotiations and resolve impasses.

As long as Buffalo isn't the "problem" in this situation, they have anything to worry about. On the flip side, Brisson will be able to plant stories to support any future Eichel trade through his connections with the media, and he will better be able to evaluate Buffalo's demands and guide them in the landscape around the league. Again, as long as Buffalo is being reasonable, this should be fine.

Brisson will want a resolution too, so he can further improve his resume. Realistically, I think it gives Buffalo a bit of an "honest broker" in their negotiations with other GMs. The trade demand from EIchel's previous agents broke whatever relationship they had with Sabres management. Now, everyone can proceed with the understanding that they all have the same goal "Get Eichel traded". Before the switch, Buffalo's management was always going to be worried about being undermined in their efforts to get a good return by Eichel's representatives. I don't think they should have that same worry with Brisson. He's too well known, too professional, and too experienced. He'll be trying get Buffalo the best return so that this gets done, and forcing both sides of the trade together.

He does not have a NTC the agent has no input or say in any type of trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad