News: Jack Eichel has changed agents

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Contracts by Agent | Puckpedia
He reps 6 blackhawks, 4 ducks, 3 kings, 3 habs.
The 2 players he reps on the Rangers are lesser known players i've never ever heard of.

The big american draft of 2019 he reps all of Hughes, Zegras, Turcotte and Caufield.

Brisson's son was drafted by the Vegas Golden Knights in 2020 and he grew up playing for the Jr Kings in LA.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Wow this is huge!

What does it mean?
Well, for one, it all but guarantees Columbus is out of the Eichel sweepstakes for good.

The opinion of Brisson over at HFCBJ is... well, let's put it this way. He's also the agent for Pierre-Luc Dubois and Seth Jones. He was also representing Zach Werenski, but Werenski abruptly changed agents a few months before extending here. You can probably figure it out from there.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Brisson has big connections in Chicago and with Bergevin, but mostly Chicago.
Could the Hawks still be in it ? I would think they'd need to dump more salary.
It is interesting that 3 teams rumored to get Eichel have big Brisson connections: Vegas drafted his son, Ducks have 2nd most Brisson clients with 4 and Hawks the most with 6 clients and Chicago connections.

Rec T

Jun 1, 2007
NKY
Trying to connect a trade based on which teams have players repped by a certain agent is next to pointless

But ... it is something different than in all the other threads that I occasionally dropped in on.

So completely pointless but a new direction for inane speculation... whee

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
Bergevin best Friend is Brisson
KK is not signed
Mtl has the cap space and the center in KK as the main trade chip

Could be a big advantage for MTL if they are still in the running.
Buffalo isn't trading Eichel in the division and if they were to consider it it would have to be for something much more valuable than a guy who has done nothing but disappoint and fail to live up to expectations since his rookie season.

barriers

Feb 10, 2020
Genuinely curious. Does his old agent still get his cut of Eichel's contract every year since he negotiated it or does Eichel's new representation step and take over that commission?

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I don't think this means anything in the way of destination. Brisson is one of the most respected agents around. That's reason enough to get him. Remember that Brisson is Matt Duchene's agent. He had a trade demand for a year and a half before traded.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Trying to connect a trade based on which teams have players repped by a certain agent is next to pointless

I think if he has a track record of playing hardball for players demanding a trade and being successful on his previous clients, we can guess whether Eichel may move or if he might stick a bit longer in Buffalo. But I agree that who he reps to predict where Eichel will go isn't going to be accurate.

I don't think this means anything in the way of destination. Brisson is one of the most respected agents around. That's reason enough to get him. Remember that Brisson is Matt Duchene's agent. He had a trade demand for a year and a half before traded.

Interesting, according to Wiki, he was instrumental in engineering the 3 team trade aspect of the Duchene trade.

Pat Brisson - Wikipedia

This could potentially mean he could be instrumental in getting a third team to successfully get Eichel moved.

threeVo

Jan 5, 2010
Tampa
I think Eichel realized that statement they put out was idiotic, OR Eichel forced Fish to release the statement and Fish finally had enough.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Bergevin best Friend is Brisson
KK is not signed
Mtl has the cap space and the center in KK as the main trade chip

Could be a big advantage for MTL if they are still in the running.
How is it a big advantage? Unless Brisson can convince his Friend to give up more for Eichel so that Buffalo will accept it, the stumbling block is that Buffalo won’t trade him unless the return is to their liking.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad