News: Jack Eichel has changed agents

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
That’s probably the time he can start skating again. But whatever that gets him and rushes him back would be very foolish. Expect 3-4 months from surgery date before playing in the nhl is even brought up. And it could be longer. Closer to 6 months from surgery date.
I got fusion surgery when I was 27 about to be 28. It was 9 months before I went back to work. I don’t work in an office. My job is strenuous and everything is heavy. It was the 8-9 month period where I was well enough and my body was healthy enough to do the work.
I still have loss of mobility and I will forever.. it’s not a ton, but there’s certainly an adjustment period
The Sabres are insisting that Eichel do the surgery that makes him less valuable to another team, Eichel the one that makes him more. You would think that the Sabres fans would be praising Eichel for his commitment to helping the team in an upcoming trade.

hooper2

Aug 25, 2005
I could see the ducks being involved if there is a 3 way trade and Gibson is a piece going to third team. Dostol will be ready on the ducks current timeline.

Reactions: robbieboy3686

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Damn , that's a really short recovery time. I'm impressed with the modern surgical procedures now.
That’s optimal, with everyday people assuming everything goes according to plan and there are not set backs from the surgery/rehab. I think some are a little too cavalier in thinking everything is going to be on a set time frame.
This is a multi-year 50 mill investment with a player that has a NMC kicking in soon. Rushing him back to the ice wouldn’t be the smartest thing.
As far as Disc replacement surgery goes, there’s not a lot of Data to use for current NHL players, so there’s not really a great barometer for time of recovery.
All we can do is estimate and hope for the best at this time. But to say he’s 100% back to normal and ready to go in November is no sure thing

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
The Sabres are insisting that Eichel do the surgery that makes him less valuable to another team, Eichel the one that makes him more. You would think that the Sabres fans would be praising Eichel for his commitment to helping the team in an upcoming trade.
Yea Sabres don’t care. They just want him to get the more proven surgery as far as being done on prior NHL players before. They don’t care if he has permanent mobility loss. They just want him to get back, trade him and keep it moving. As a NYR fan, there’s probably not a better situation in the league for Eichel to come in and have either Panarin/LaF on his left and Kravtsov/ kakko on his right. But the way this has been handled, the fact that he didn’t have surgery yet, cost of assets to acquire, and potential loss of Zibby due to cap space is way too dumb of a risk for drury to take at this point in time

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
Based off of what?
Common sense. It’s been reported they are trading Eichel to a Western Team, the Ducks have the assets to make the trade, they need a marquee player in a major market, they have the cap space and their 1st round pick for 2022 should be the best available to acquire. Possibly top 10. Vegas could be 25-30. Wild 20-25 with Jack. On top of that insiders keep linking the Ducks to Eichel. This really isn’t that hard to connect the dots.

Reactions: robbieboy3686

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Yea Sabres don’t care. They just want him to get the more proven surgery as far as being done on prior NHL players before. They don’t care if he has permanent mobility loss. They just want him to get back, trade him and keep it moving. As a NYR fan, there’s probably not a better situation in the league for Eichel to come in and have either Panarin/LaF on his left and Kravtsov/ kakko on his right. But the way this has been handled, the fact that he didn’t have surgery yet, cost of assets to acquire, and potential loss of Zibby due to cap space is way too dumb of a risk for drury to take at this point in time
BTW, one of my good friends also had neck fusion. Has to turn his whole body to talk to you if you are standing beside him- can't turn his head.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
BTW, one of my good friends also had neck fusion. Has to turn his whole body to talk to you if you are standing beside him- can't turn his head.
Yea I can’t bend down and tie my shoes/boots anymore. I have to sit in a chair. Mine was in my low back. I have 2 vertebrae fused.
I’m just commenting on what I loved thru and how long it took me to feel almost back to normal. No way in hell do I see players smacking Eichel into the boards at 25-30 mph 6-8 weeks after they cut thru the front of his neck and put screws in his vertebrae. Sorry Sabres fans. Just trying to be realistic
And I’m actually one of those NYR fans that would like to replace Eichel with Zibby for the next 5 seasons. So I want him to heal rite and be back at 100%
With the way LaF came on at the end of last season, I think him and Eichel would be incredible Together on a line

Last edited:

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
Grammatically, why is it "agents" and not "agent", if he's changing from one agent to another.

Sry for being off topic.

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011

Yea I can’t bend down and tie my shoes/boots anymore. I have to sit in a chair. Mine was in my low back. I have 2 vertebrae fused.
I’m just commenting on what I loved thru and how long it took me to feel almost back to normal. No way in hell do I see players smacking Eichel into the boards at 25-30 mph 6-8 weeks after they cut thru the front of his neck and put screws in his vertebrae. Sorry Sabres fans. Just trying to be realistic
And I’m actually one of those NYR fans that would like to replace Eichel with Zibby for the next 5 seasons. So I want him to heal rite and be back at 100%
With the way LaF came on at the end of last season, I think him and Eichel would be incredible Together on a line

While personal anecdotes are nice, Kris Letang had the ACDF procedure a few years ago on his neck and it hasn't hurt his career, so I think it's reasonable to believe that the surgeon/team performing the hypothetical ACDF procedure on Eichel will be geared more towards treating professional athletes than surgeons who treat everyday people or the elderly

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
It's time to come to Montréal, Mr Jack Eichel

dr-evil-cry.gif

Reactions: NYR94

TooManyHumans

May 4, 2018
Just because English. It's one of those things I've never thought about, but it's definitely plural in that situation in English. "He changed seats" but "He changed his seat".

They could have gone with "Eichel exchanges agents" I guess. Then plural makes sense.

Reactions: PatrikBerglund

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad