NESN Jack Edwards goes on a Twitter rant against NBC

Lockheed

Scope Dope
Feb 1, 2007
SW Asia
Jacks a cringy goof sometimes, but I cannot stand NBC. Shit audio, lame intermissions, and a bunch of jackasses(Milbury, McGuire, Olczyk). First rounds are also terrible for accessibility as many carriers do not include NBCSN in their basic packages.

Reactions: Strafer

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
I was big on dodging NBC if possible. Doc irritates me. As does Pierre. Milbury occasionally as well.

But Jack has been on a new level these past few seasons even for him.

I'll probably still go with NESN in the first round but I can already hear myself saying "shut the **** up Jack" under my breath. :laugh:

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
I was big on dodging NBC if possible. Doc irritates me. As does Pierre. Milbury occasionally as well.

But Jack has been on a new level these past few seasons even for him.

I'll probably still go with NESN in the first round but I can already hear myself saying "shut the **** up Jack" under my breath. :laugh:
I think on average people posted the words "Shut up Jack" at least 4 times for every game day thread where the game was called by Jack.

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Jack is the best period. Try watching Canadian feeds and other teams it’s brutal. You have no idea how good you have it getting NESN all the time. Denis Potvin made my ears bleed this year (true story....kind of). Well Jack for me and my family your #1.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Jack has become all about Jack. I know it was a meaningless game, but there were several minutes long stretches on Saturday where he didn't even attempt to do Play by Play, and that's the title of his f***ing job! He just rambled on about nonsense that had barely anything to do with the game.

I used to tolerate him, mostly because other fanbases hate him. But his shtick is out of control, and he's abandoned the one thing he used to do well for boring diatribes and meaningless meanderings peppered with his idiotic cliches.

The last game he calls for the Bruins, I'll be there to pack his cardboard box.

TinyRivers

Jun 26, 2006
Nova Scotia
Sounds like a good topic for a "poll" with many folks on both sides...(Me, I'll pick NESN always...being up in Canada and listening to everything Canada, but Jack IS annoying and I listen mostly for Brick!).

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
1. I think Jack acts like an absolute child who lacks professionalism.

2. Try to picture Fred Cusick taking to social media to ***** about this topic. It's hilarious to imagine.

3. To me, there's a feeling of legitimacy when you get out of the first round and the national coverage kicks in. I like it.

His whining about Joseph last game was actually sad. No other pbp guy in the league acts like that.

Reactions: sarge88

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Brick is great. And I'm not a fan of Judd Sirott so I don't try to sync up the radio anymore now that Dave has moved on.

I'll happily watch NBCS.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I’ve resigned myself to the fact that he’s not going anywhere.

It is what it is.

He’s polarizing. Those who like him, love him.

Likewise with those who dislike him.

He takes away from my enjoyment of the games.

I don't mind his quirkiness, enjoy his pbp actually, it's he contant whining about the refs and then the worst part is when he goes on tirades on the opponents after sketchy hits or cheap shots when Marchand is on his team, and guys like Lucic were very dirty...He always said 'Don't poke the bear" when Lucic would do something cheap, not call it for what it was. Now that the Bruins get cheaped on a more constant basis it's not longer fun for him I guess.

crimsonace

Mar 7, 2010
Indianapolis, IN
NESN could easily have done that but chose not to. The LA Kings did it in 2012 for long time TV voice Bob Miller

I was about to mention this ... Bob Miller called the game and it was basically only for re-air and (maybe) local DVD release. He had been the Kings' voice almost since the beginning (and, for me, I would often watch the Kings on NHL.tv as the late game just to listen to Bob). But that's the only time I've ever heard of a team having its own announcers produce their own commentary for a telecast that would not be aired.

With regards to the Bruins winning a Cup ... the one Boston-centric call of the only Cup of my lifetime was so incredibly perfect, it's hard to imagine another call of that moment topping "Get the duck boats ready."

Last edited:

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Time for some new blood, Jack is over the top annoying.

Brick should stay, Edwards should commentate Chuck e cheese 6 year old birthday parties with his shrill voice overs about how everyone is against the hamburgler.

Embarassing to Bruins fans.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I was thinking more along the lines of the Jeremy Jacobs and the Boston Bruins, who own NESN. Jacobs owns most of NESN and might get asked about this when the next meeting with NBC happens.

As someone stated already, Jacobs and the B's only own 20% of NESN. Even if he owned more, I would be surprised if he got called to the carpet over something like that. The league can't even run the DOPS and replay systems properly, and you think they are monitoring and holding accountable owners for things their schmuck local announcers come out with?

You clearly have more faith in Bettman and the NHL's competency as a league than I do.

Reactions: Strafer and sarge88

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad