Jack, Dahlin, Reinhart vs Matthews, Marner, Rielly

Best going forward.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
Leafs might not make the playoffs this year :laugh:

Oh yeah after 10 games eh? I mean, Buffalo had a 10 game winstreak I believe they were in a playoff spot. What happened then? Its the same story as last year, lets just wait until Hutton goes ice cold after a hot start again.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Oh yeah after 10 games eh? I mean, Buffalo had a 10 game winstreak I believe they were in a playoff spot. What happened then? Its the same story as last year, lets just wait until Hutton goes ice cold after a hot start again.

You obviously weren't watching last year and this year.

The quality of play in Buffalo is trending upwards.

Dahlin promise of the playoffs preseason isn't looking so silly anymore is it?

Last edited:

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
I’m confused, why is reinhart even mentioned in the same category as the rest?
Because he is a stud. He just doesn't get much hype because his game isn't very dynamic and he took a while to physically mature enough to hold his own in the NHL. He's a Mark Stone type of player, obviously not at that level yet but he just is so smart and does all the little things so well. He's a kind of glue player who makes everyone around him more effective.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
For me, its the weakest link in the chain that is paining.
And thats Sam. He just is not a Marner, or Nylander, nor Tavares.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
Eichel ~ Matthew's
Reinhart ~ Marner
Dahlin >>> Rielly

Im not even a Toronto fan, but Marner equals Reinhart? OH my,,, just no words

edit : I can understand Buffalofans getting frustrated on everybody picking on Sam, cause he is such a quiet player, and therefore underrated.

He is a full package of good charachter, skill, playmaking, goalscoring offensive play, some defensive play.
I think just that he doesnt have anything that pops out, any dynamic level of his play, that brings that extra tingeling feeling everytime hes out on the ice. He got that average eyetest style; average skating, average NHLhands hey, its a high standard here). Not dominant and hard shooting as Eichel, not eyepopping numbers like Marner, not dangling like Dahlin, not as on the toes like the others.
No eyepopping skill, just "good player".

Last edited:
Reactions: DickSmehlik

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
He's just as good as Nylander

really?? Like.. really?
I had most viewings from Nylander from WC, and he looked like a real monster, a monster talent, that just had a bad year. He will easy leave Sam behind when the monkey gets off his back.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
really?? Like.. really?
I had most viewings from Nylander from WC, and he looked like a real monster, a monster talent, that just had a bad year. He will easy leave Sam behind when the monkey gets off his back.

Well whenever he does that, he'll be better I guess?

The WC doesn't mean much with respect to NHL play.

GOALOFSSON

Game Changer
Jun 6, 2018
Aspland
really?? Like.. really?

You think he's that much better? Like.. really?

And they say Sam isn't being underrated.

I'll take this time to laugh at people who still think Eichel isn't as good as Matthews.

We won't mention the Dahlin doubters.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
You think he's that much better? Like.. really?

And they say Sam isn't being underrated.

I'll take this time to laugh at people who still think Eichel isn't as good as Matthews.

We won't mention the Dahlin doubters.

I think Eichel is just as good as Matthews. He will also age better.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
He's just as good as Nylander

He is way better, he actually goes to the dirty areas to score as a neutral fan id take Reinhart on my team over Nylander any day of the week. Reinhart is a highly intelligent hockey player, similar to the mold of Mark Stone.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
I’m confused, why is reinhart even mentioned in the same category as the rest?

I imagine Because he’s the third weakest (well asset anyway) so he’s comparable points wise to Reilly, yeah Reilly is D but this isn’t my poll.

He has turned out to be a very good hockey player with an elite iq level. He really needs to be watched closely to fully appreciate. It’s why scouts went nuts on him because they know what to lol for. He won’t stand out if you’re looking for flash like Matthews and Eichel or Marner and dahlin and at times even Reilly would but it’s everything else he does. He can be flashy too but it’s not his fortay and this goes back as far as when he played for kootenay.

HE slept theu the first half two years ago and got 50 (25 25) and last year put up 64 points that’s good in buffalo and also equal to the average point total of Marner a first 2/4 years in the league. (And his direct comparison isn’t Marner here) That’s pretty good in buffalo.

He’s also off to a great start which he never really so he should be a 70-75 pt player if all goes well.

Also it didn’t say the players had to be equals to be included in the poll, he was just apart of the Eichel dahlin package, some would even take Eichel and dahlin over all three. Insert those people are idiots comments here. Truth be told there are absolutely some people who would build around an Eichel and dahlin package over the other three. I’d be torn because there’s obviously three Great players on the other side but I wouldn’t not consider not consider it either.

Last edited:

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
The C are ~ equal, Dahlin most definitely tips the scale here.

Are you suggesting that the gap between the D is equal to the gap between the C? This is the next decade.

Reinhart also being underrated by many still, should change soon.

Took him 4 seasons to do what Marner did in one and even then he wasn't close to Mitch. It's not close though at least he isn't Sam Bennett.

Eye Test

End the soft perimeter hockey.
Apr 13, 2019
Toronto
I imagine Because he’s the third weakest (well asset anyway) so he’s comparable points wise to Reilly, yeah Reilly is D but this isn’t my poll.

He has turned out to be a very good hockey player with an elite iq level. He really needs to be watched closely to fully appreciate. It’s why scouts went nuts on him because they know what to lol for. He won’t stand out if you’re looking for flash like Matthews and Eichel or Marner and dahlin and at times even Reilly would but it’s everything else he does. He can be flashy too but it’s not his fortay and this goes back as far as when he played for kootenay.

HE slept theu the first half two years ago and got 50 (25 25) and last year put up 64 points that’s good in buffalo and also equal to the average point total of Marner a first 2/4 years in the league. (And his direct comparison isn’t Marner here) That’s pretty good in buffalo.

He’s also off to a great start which he never really so he should be a 70-75 pt player if all goes well.

Also it didn’t say the players had to be equals to be included in the poll, he was just apart of the Eichel dahlin package, some would even take Eichel and dahlin over all three. Insert those people are idiots comments here. Truth be told there are absolutely some people who would build around an Eichel and dahlin package over the other three. I’d be torn because there’s obviously three Great players on the other side but I wouldn’t not consider not consider it either.

Solid response.

I think subbing nylander would have made it a more fair poll contracts aside.

I also like reinhart just not in this scenario.
Cheers

Signupnow

Oct 18, 2017
Took him 4 seasons to do what Marner did in one and even then he wasn't close to Mitch. It's not close though at least he isn't Sam Bennett.
Can also be applied when comparing dahlin and rielly. Had to be 5 years older to do what dahlin did in his Rookie season.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Can also be applied when comparing dahlin and rielly. Had to be 5 years older to do what dahlin did in his Rookie season.

Come back to me when Reinhart has more points than Marner for a season. Last I checked, Dahlin wasn’t in the league before the scoring exploded these last few years.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Matthews is a bit better than eichel.

Marner is a lot better than reinhart.

Rielly and dahlin is a hard one. The expectations for dahlin are sky high. And he will pretty much have to meet those for this to be buffalo.

But the thing is, The kid is so impressive i think he will.

Id go buffalo ever so slightly

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
14 pages of reaction because the biggest Reinhart fan in the world has a hot take.

99.9% of Sabres fans won’t argue that Marner > Reinhart.

Reinhart has turned into a very nice player. Marner is a cut above. I think it’s pretty indisputable to rational people.

That said, right now, Eichel > Matthews, Dahlin > Reilly.

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
As of today:

Matthews = Eichel
Marner > Reinhart
Rielly = Dahlin

I expect Matthews to have a better career than Eichel, but Dahlin will blast Rielly out of the water eventually. I took Buffalo's guys.

Toronto is really lacking that stud defenceman.

14 pages of reaction because the biggest Reinhart fan in the world has a hot take.

99.9% of Sabres fans won’t argue that Marner > Reinhart.

Reinhart has turned into a very nice player. Marner is a cut above. I think it’s pretty indisputable to rational people.

That said, right now, Eichel > Matthews, Dahlin > Reilly.

Those are both pretty debateable. Eichel has more points now, but a lot has gone right for the Sabres, and their schedule has been softer. Matthews has a better xGF, and I think is the better player (slightly). I would probably take Dahlin over Rielly as well, again very slightly. Both are suspect in their own zone.

People had Marner below Skinner during Buffalo's streak last year, so it goes to show that we need to play another 20-30 games to have a realistic picture of where players stand.

Last edited:

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN

Wow, this wasn’t really at all true and just a delusional point of view. Keep making posts like this though, don’t let me stop you.

Because it’s all Hutton that’s doing all
The work right? I bet you’ll
Say it’s dahlin next. Those are the two things people who don’t watch the sabres gravitate too because they don’t want to admit the sabres have depth at either forward or defense because that would be giving them actual credit. By suggesting it’s the goalie on a hot streak negates Any credit and attributes it all to luck And not the fact that buffalo has one of the best powerplays and even strength scoring rates, terrific additions at forward and defense and better coaching (to say the least), they’ve gotten 17 of a possible 20 points. Buffalo was winning games by one goal last year, seven in ot during that ten game stretch (we thank you so much for bringing up because we haven’t heard that before). Bottom line is last year the won games they should not have won. It was a mirage.

They also lost half a dozen games to start the year so no they didn’t get off to an amazing start like this. The last time they did though, if you want to compare starts, they only won the presidents trophy. So there’s that ....if you really want to compare starts. Ps- they absolutely will drop off and I’m not suggesting they’ll come anywhere near a presidents trophy but what you’re saying comes out of ignoranc and what you want to happen more then what statistics and the eye test actually suggest.

They’re not this good, but It’s nothing remotely close to last year in any way actually....(and even if it was it’s an anomaly for that to happen once let alone twice, especially in a two year span)

Matthews is a bit better than eichel.

Marner is a lot better than reinhart.

Rielly and dahlin is a hard one. The expectations for dahlin are sky high. And he will pretty much have to meet those for this to be buffalo.

But the thing is, The kid is so impressive i think he will.

Id go buffalo ever so slightly

Lol, Matthews isn’t “a bit” better then Eichel. They’re the same and you can make every bit an argument that Eichel is the better player if you want to go that route, notice how he finally has a team that is scoring at rates like Matthews always has and wow he’s on the top end in scoring, you can it’s early but it was December before he missed half a month last year when he was ahead of Marner who had JT and was sixth. He’s been exactly as consistent the last two years.

He’s an elite point producer.

People can think what they want of me but I’ve never been wrong about Eichel. It’s not like I haven’t been saying this would happen the last three years and was called biased.

I don’t like to talk up the sabres for sure because they have a lot to prove still but with Eich? Yeah I’m good. He’s the real deal and nothing will stop that.

I mean what happened to Matthews is worlds better, far better, other tier, eclipsed Eichel, more then one arrow, (every one of those sayings separated by commas have been said by different posters with either leaf or some version of Matthews in their av, username or the usual suspects.)

The best part about that question is you don’t have to answer, nor do I really need you too, because it was rhetorical.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad