Not open for further replies.

Auston Powers

May 16, 2016
Toronto
upload_2021-5-26_17-57-18.png

Rokker

Jun 5, 2016
Hamilton
I wish nothing but the best for this guy and he's been as solid as you could ask for. I absolutely hope it continues and he brings us to the promised land.

Not sure if it's the PTSD from past Leaf choke jobs or if it's his movement that makes me wonder how sustainable his play is though.

I hope he cracks the egg over my head with his continued excellent play, and potentially outduels another previous vezina winner.

Please don't hurt me, Jack.

Reactions: Chief keefe

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
I wish nothing but the best for this guy and he's been as solid as you could ask for. I absolutely hope it continues and he brings us to the promised land.

Not sure if it's the PTSD from past Leaf choke jobs or if it's his movement that makes me wonder how sustainable his play is though.

I hope he cracks the egg over my head with his continued excellent play, and potentially outduels another previous vezina winner.

Please don't hurt me, Jack.
Just remember, this guy was the 17 year old kid who wasn't supposed to play then stepped in during the elimination games to steal the gold medal for USA at the WJC. He's got that DNA in him to step up. Plus when it seemed like his NHL dreams were likely done he pulled it together and is now starting for the biggest NHL franchise in the playoffs. Campbell is a fighter

Rokker

Jun 5, 2016
Hamilton
Just remember, this guy was the 17 year old kid who wasn't supposed to play then stepped in during the elimination games to steal the gold medal for USA at the WJC. He's got that DNA in him to step up. Plus when it seemed like his NHL dreams were likely done he pulled it together and is now starting for the biggest NHL franchise in the playoffs. Campbell is a fighter
All good points.

Gotta keep the faith.

Reactions: 1specter

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Anyone else wonder how many Vezina ballots Jack Campbell's name will be on? Not that he'll win but I wonder how many 4th/5th place votes he'll get.

As far as I remember, ballots didn't have to be submitted till the end of the 1st round, and although it's supposed to be based on the regular season, these playoffs could definitely have an impact

Reactions: Chief keefe

vpasla1

Mar 24, 2018
Anyone else wonder how many Vezina ballots Jack Campbell's name will be on? Not that he'll win but I wonder how many 4th/5th place votes he'll get.

As far as I remember, ballots didn't have to be submitted till the end of the 1st round, and although it's supposed to be based on the regular season, these playoffs could definitely have an impact

I think ballots were supposed to be in last week at some point.

93WrapAround

Jul 4, 2018
I purposely didn't get involved with the whole anointing this guy as the 2nd coming, as seemingly this whole fan base has done over the past few days, because to me the jury is still out. He's played very solidly in this series but really hasn't been tested the way Price has with regards to dangerous scoring chances. His shutout was as 'easy' as a shutout as you can get facing that many shots. Tonight he wasn't great at all. Obviously it doesn't negate his great play all series but he has a long way to go still IMO to prove he's our future number one. Hoping he comes out more focused and sharp Sat night to close this thing out.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Price
I purposely didn't get involved with the whole anointing this guy as the 2nd coming, as seemingly this whole fan base has done over the past few days, because to me the jury is still out. He's played very solidly in this series but really hasn't been tested the way Price has with regards to dangerous scoring chances. His shutout was as 'easy' as a shutout as you can get facing that many shots. Tonight he wasn't great at all. Obviously it doesn't negate his great play all series but he has a long way to go still IMO to prove he's our future number one. Hoping he comes out more focused and sharp Sat night to close this thing out.
Price is an overated has been.

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
I can just imagine how much guys like Riemer, Toskala, etc., were laughing their heads off watching the O.T. last night.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Soup did not have his A game for sure but 2 gifts from Sandin really hurt his cause and 1 gift from Gally finished it off .. but 2nd goal by Armia he went swimming which you do not see very often from Soup .. he can be better and he knows it .. I think with Sandin out of lineup and we just play our normal game we should win game 6 pretty easy .. this should be a pretty simple fix really

93WrapAround

Jul 4, 2018
Campbell played solid yesterday. He is not in any way responsible for the loss.

There was nothing at all solid about his play yesterday. Solid was on full display in Montreal, for sure. Yesterday he let a few softies in (#1 and #3 in particular) and looked off-balance the whole game, even falling back into his net once with no one around. He had a lot of trouble finding the puck in his crease as well and pouncing on it for a whistle. We can praise him when he's solid but got to call a spade a spade when he's not - hopefully we see Game 3 Campbell Sat night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad