Tribute (Jack Campbell is my life) Jack Campbell Extreme Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I know the Leafs play extremely well in front of him so it makes things pretty easy for Campbell but this is also how the Leafs played in front of Freddie and he still gave up soft goals.

It's just so nice to be able to trust your goalie to be able to shut the door.

I've got no issues with goals being scored if they are good shots and earned. It just sucked the air out of the building and your confidence when every other half chance went in the net.

If we had a Campbell like goalie against Boston or Columbus, we're winning all those series.

93WrapAround

Jul 4, 2018
I know the Leafs play extremely well in front of him so it makes things pretty easy for Campbell but this is also how the Leafs played in front of Freddie and he still gave up soft goals.

It's just so nice to be able to trust your goalie to be able to shut the door.

I've got no issues with goals being scored if they are good shots and earned. It just sucked the air out of the building and your confidence when every other half chance went in the net.

If we had a Campbell like goalie against Boston or Columbus, we're winning all those series.

I mean there's a night and day difference between how the Leafs have played against Freddie during his career and this. Night and day. Freddie routinely played in front of a team that gave up a ton of high risk chances vs. Campbell not really facing many of them at all. I'm not suggesting Freddie didn't routinely drop the ball in the clutch, because he obviously did, but Campbell is definitely not being hung out to dry much at all vs. prime Freddie days. I hope the Leafs defence and Jack can keep this going as we go up against tougher offences. He's looked very solid positionally back there, near flawless.

Le Cobra

Rent A Goalie
Nov 11, 2015
Toronto The Good
I mean there's a night and day difference between how the Leafs have played against Freddie during his career and this. Night and day. Freddie routinely played in front of a team that gave up a ton of high risk chances vs. Campbell not really facing many of them at all. I'm not suggesting Freddie didn't routinely drop the ball in the clutch, because he obviously did, but Campbell is definitely not being hung out to dry much at all vs. prime Freddie days. I hope the Leafs defence and Jack can keep this going as we go up against tougher offences. He's looked very solid positionally back there, near flawless.

Campbell doesnt give up as many softies at crucial turning point moments. He is the backbone of the team we have needed in ages.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Campbell doesnt give up as many softies at crucial turning point moments. He is the backbone of the team we have needed in ages.
Doesn't allow the first goal with nearly as much regularity or early in games either. One of the keys to these last two is staying up or even with MTL.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013

Leafs are playing almost the exact same way in front of Campbell as they did in front of Andersen when we played the Blue Jackets. Campbell has actually had to deal with more high danger opportunities.

Campbell has a .965. Andersen had a .932. Campbell is 33 points better than Andersen with the same kind of defense in front of him, and it is the kind of numbers Andersen should have put up last year. We would have won if he did.

This is why Andersen should not receive credit for putting up those numbers. It's below where he should have been based on the defense in front of him. In fact, Korpisalo and Andersen should have swapped save percentages based on how the defenses played in front of them respectively.

Reactions: Auston 316

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Doesn't allow the first goal with nearly as much regularity or early in games either. One of the keys to these last two is staying up or even with MTL.
The first shot of the game going in 10 times in the last year and a half drove me nuts with Freddy.

Campbell always seems to get us to 1st intermission with a 0 on the board and that's all you can ask really.

acrobaticgoalie

Jun 18, 2014
what i love most about Jack's game is his rebound control. Everything that hits him just sticks to him. Thats a huge calming influence for the team in front of you being able to deaden the play every time its in your end. Freddy when he was on was good at deflecting pucks into the corners but still, it would keep the play going and you're team would still be left scrambling or hemmed in your own zone. Reimer was a complete disaster when it came to rebound control.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Man Dubas has done some tidy work with the Kings. Both the Muzzin and Campbell trades can be seen as nothing but absolute f***ing home runs. Muzzin has been exactly what you were expecting....I'm not sure even Dubas was expecting this from Jack though lol

Crazy Monkey

Aug 9, 2009
Completely forgot about the article but a chip on his shoulder perhaps??

Posting a .965 SV% Through 4 games.

Screenshot_20210526-125023_Facebook.jpg

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Bower and Campbell- both good dudes. Really happy for Jack- so likable and top notch goalie

LOL'ing at the rankings that didnt even have him in the top 16 for 2021 playoff goalies

It's nothing more than the media being salty about their "Freddy is the Leafs #1 and he carries the team" takes being proven hilariously wrong.

TopChedder

Oct 2, 2013
Man Dubas has done some tidy work with the Kings. Both the Muzzin and Campbell trades can be seen as nothing but absolute f***ing home runs. Muzzin has been exactly what you were expecting....I'm not sure even Dubas was expecting this from Jack though lol

I agree. What Jack has done couldn't have been expected, and good on him for taking the starter job and running with it.

Pretty sure with the stagnant cap we have seen the last of Freddy.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Andersen stole plenty of games for the Leafs but having said that, Campbell is clutch.
At best Andersen was an above average goaltender who was solid enough to get the leafs into the post season. Campbell, so far, has been an elite goaltender.

Reactions: Gabriel426

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
First Leaf playoff shutout in 6220 days.

Last Leaf playoff shutout; Ed Belfour shutout the Sens on April 16, 2004.

Belfour was a monster in that series with 3 shutouts. Gave up 11 goals in 7 games.

Campbell has given up 4 goals in 4 games.

I think Cujo had the best series when we swept the Sens in 2001; Cujo gave up 3 goals in 4 games.

Reactions: Jimmy Firecracker
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad