Tribute (Jack Campbell is my life) Jack Campbell Extreme Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
Like I said. Softie monster strikes again.

Let's hope that playing this clown cost Keefe and Dubas their jobs.

Jack Campbell sucks!
Definitely wasn't this bad. He still gave the Leafs the chance to win. Forwards didn't come through.

Columbus/18-19 Fred would have had 0.5-1 g.a.a average tops and series over in 5 games though. Too bad we didn't have him. Not even I would have had the balls to dress him though he looked so bad in the sens game. Hindsight says the first few games would have been enough to warm up though because Leafs dominated those.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Campbell was brought in as a 1a/b making 1.6m while costing only a second. Andersen cost us a 1st+ 2nd @ 5m per.

Campbell played well above his expectations. Andersen not so much.

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
That goal he let Gallagher score was unacceptable. Had a great regular season but another playoff choker just like Andersen

marquee

Apr 7, 2011
He is a decent goalie for yall but a career backup/minor leaguer is not what yall need in net for a deep run. Looked nervous all game 7 long and in his post game interview you could hear so much disappointment in his voice. I think if he was growing with the team these past few years it would've been fine... you know, get those heartbreaks/jitters out of the way earlier. At age 29 is he really the goalie of the future or just a stop gate to getting someone even younger?
Can’t call a guy a career backup playing behind the goalies he has.

was kipper a career backup in 04? Some guys gotta wait for their opportunity he was elite this season and great in the post-season.

marquee

Apr 7, 2011
Best goaltender this team has had since Belfour. Andersen solidified the position but Campbell was unreal.

NightTrain1

Oct 20, 2013
Campbell was great and thats a fact.

Any of you who wish to argue this can proceed to do so immediately. The guy had the 4th best GAA and the 3rd best save % of the main playoff goalies. He also had a playoff shutout. The ones above him have all moved on a round.

When you are holding a team to 2 goals or less in the playoffs, and your team which was in the top 6 for league scoring cannot outscore a team that in any other year doesnt qualify for the playoffs based on pts, you are not the problem. 1 goal did not end this series, it ended long before.

makbeer

Sep 28, 2006
Did a good but not great job.

Poor when it counted. Inexcusable number of softies in the series proving why he's a great backup but not a goalie you could go on a cup run with.

Can't hold his balance in the butterfly.
Swims more than phelps.
Too many goals through and under him.
Sucks at puckhandling which puts pressure on our D.
Can't cover the puck which puts pressure on our D.
Looks tiny in net.

He's not a better goalie than Fred was last year or the years before. This year who knows, should have pulled Jack in game 5 at 3-0 and given Fred a look to see where he's at.

I said all along that this was a hot streak and Jack wasn't technically and stylistically trustworthy to carry us through the playoffs once teams had time to figure him out and scout his weaknesses.

makbeer

Sep 28, 2006

Any of you who wish to argue this can proceed to do so immediately. The guy had the 4th best GAA and the 3rd best save % of the main playoff goalies. He also had a playoff shutout. The ones above him have all moved on a round.

When you are holding a team to 2 goals or less in the playoffs, and your team which was in the top 6 for league scoring cannot outscore a team that in any other year doesnt qualify for the playoffs based on pts, you are not the problem. 1 goal did not end this series, it ended long before.

Not a fact.

That first period was 12 shots any decent-level beer leaguer can save. The first goal in game 7 and a number of the goals throughout the series are also goals most beer league teams would look at their goalie sideways after he gave up.

Montreal also took advantage of his puckhandling weakness purposely sending pucks to him throughout the last 3 games - but of course that doesn't show up on the stat sheet. Meanwhile Price is over there acting like a 3rd defenseman starting the montreal breakout.

Stats don't tell the whole story for goalies especially in a small sample size and everyone who has watched goalies long enough understands that.

Price was elite this series.
Campbell was good.

Good isn't enough in the playoffs.

Reactions: sparxx87

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
It is what it is. Sucks that he gave up the soft goal but he was solid for us all year. He’s a 1B type of goalie. Hopefully continues he’s strong play and shows us more next season. Either upgrade the position with a legit starter and Campbell is a really good back up or get another good goalie to push Campbell for playing time.

Willchel Marlynder

(philer bozel)
Jul 15, 2010
Windsor, ON
Bad on the Gallagher goal but if you told me we'd have a goalie with under a 2 gpg stat line I'd say we'd win this series.

Unfortunately we needed Price. If you trade Matthews and Marner for Price. We win this series easily and probably sweep the Matthews and Marner lead Habs.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
First playoffs as a starter, playing behind a team that made it unnecessarily more stressful than it should have been for him in his first series.

I dont blame him one bit.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Had a few weak goals, but overall was very good. He wasn’t the issue. 1.81 GAA, .934 sv%, made about 10 killer saves for each weak goal, this was a strong goaltending performance. Makes $1.65 mil, played better than most $6.5 mil goalies.

Personally, I’d say Nylander was the #1 bright spot these playoffs, but then I’ve got Campbell at #2. Followed by Kerfoot, Spezza, Brodie, Muzzin and Rielly. Everyone else was meh to terrible.

Last edited:

NightTrain1

Oct 20, 2013
Not a fact.

That first period was 12 shots any decent-level beer leaguer can save. The first goal in game 7 and a number of the goals throughout the series are also goals most beer league teams would look at their goalie sideways after he gave up.

Montreal also took advantage of his puckhandling weakness purposely sending pucks to him throughout the last 3 games - but of course that doesn't show up on the stat sheet. Meanwhile Price is over there acting like a 3rd defenseman starting the montreal breakout.

Stats don't tell the whole story for goalies especially in a small sample size and everyone who has watched goalies long enough understands that.

Price was elite this series.
Campbell was good.

Good isn't enough in the playoffs.

I love when people are attempting to exaggerate a point against goalies then tend to say "beer leaguer could save". The first goal and a number of goals throughout the series....beer league....blah blah. Meanwhile Price is there on the other end giving up "beer league" goals to Kerfoot, Reilly, Muzzin (TWICE IN A ROW), Spezza, Brodie. Yep super elite! You and this so called small elite club of people who watch goalies long enough to understand things others cant grasp need some glasses apparently.

Jack Campbell is not Dominique Hasek and he is not Carey Price but he did more than enough to outplay Price in this series. The Leafs team failed HIM and you can discount stats all you want, all day everyday ignore the stats but it doesnt change the fact that the Leafs gifted goals to Montreal multiple times such as a short handed breakaway or a two on ZERO in overtime. Meanwhile the highest paid forward group, the 6th highest scoring team in the league went 3/22 on the PP, failed to show up for multiple periods in the three most important games including 2 in game 7.

KingJoffrey

Jan 30, 2014

Andersen had stats last year and was mainly blamed for loss.

Campbell let a lot of softies in. At key moments.

Farsailor

Aug 4, 2018
Campbell did well. He played well enough for us to win the series, yet we did not.

KuleminFan41

Jan 5, 2009

It doesn't matter how well he played every game before last night, the fact is, he let in a very weak goal that cost the team. Does that mean he should be traded ? Of course not, but he's the starter, there's no "he did better than expected so dont criticize!" arguments for every other goalie in the league, and he's no different. I'm tired of these same arguments , people do it for every goalie we've had in the playoffs, bad goals are bad goals and should be called out on it. And yes, I still want Campbell to stay

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
This fanbase is so unrealistic with their expectations for goalies.

Campbell was good in the playoffs, and so was Freddy the last few years. Neither of them was ever the problem.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Campbell was super hyped leading up to the draft in 2010 and had some huge expectations. Now I'm not saying hes going to win multiple Vezinas, but goalies usually hit their prime/peak later than the other two positions so maybe its his time now?

Reactions: marquee

Mattfan02

May 18, 2021
It doesn't matter how well he played every game before last night, the fact is, he let in a very weak goal that cost the team. Does that mean he should be traded ? Of course not, but he's the starter, there's no "he did better than expected so dont criticize!" arguments for every other goalie in the league, and he's no different. I'm tired of these same arguments , people do it for every goalie we've had in the playoffs, bad goals are bad goals and should be called out on it. And yes, I still want Campbell to stay

That goal wasn't the game winner so it didn't cost them, if Marner doesn't turn that puck over, that goal wouldn't have happened, team couldn't score so didn't matter anyways

Mr Knies Guy

Jul 5, 2008
Had a few weak goals, but overall was very good. He wasn’t the issue. 1.81 GAA, .934 sv%, made about 10 killer saves for each weak goal, this was a strong goaltending performance. Makes $1.65 mil, played better than most $6.5 mil goalies.

Personally, I’d say Nylander was the #1 bright spot these playoffs, but then I’ve got Campbell at #2. Followed by Kerfoot, Spezza, Brodie, Muzzin and Rielly. Everyone else was meh to terrible.
Generally agree but those weak goals were backbreaking, especially last nights gaping five hole. It was so reminiscent of Andersen, it’s scary

Reactions: 93WrapAround
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad