Boston Bruins IX-Rumors, Trade Proposals, Speculation, etc.. (rumors must have recognized source/link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Do Studnicka and Vaak get you Mantha? Big young goal scoring wing. Maybe get them to add Ryan for a third and Steen.
63-37-88
21-46-Mantha
74-13-Ryan
I like Mantha, but I think Stud and Vaak is overpayment. Considering the organizational strengths/weaknesses, I'd say Stud should be the one taken off that proposal.

Vaak (exp.excempt) +prospect the next tier down from Stud+ 2nd/3rd.

End of day if Stud/Vaak was the only deal the Red Wings would accept... I'd personally decline.

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital
From last nights Sweeney video conference

“The health of our group and how well we’re playing will sometimes determine as well as the availability of players you might like to add,” Sweeney said. “I think they’re all variables associated with it. I can’t tell you whether or not we’re going to make a move in any direction. As I’ve said before, we’d like to. But a little bit of the health of our hockey club may dictate that. We’re going to face even more of a compressed schedule as we go through the next 28 games. In the playoffs, you’d have a war of attrition. But I think the balance of the schedule is going to present some of those challenges.”

“If we can add and improve our hockey club, we’d like to do that. For now and for the future going forward,” Sweeney said. “The team itself and how they’re playing usually indicates whether or not how aggressive you’re going to want to be.”
Sounds to me like he’s finally come to his senses and is going to resist trying to fit the square peg in the round hole and sell. At this point, it’s a Hail Mary to think we’re gonna acquire a legit winger without screwing up team further and hope that all our Dmen get heathy all of a sudden. Sucks to waste another year, but to swing for the fences this year would be a mistake IMO. Sell DK and Tuukka.

Reactions: Estlin

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Expansion really screws everything up. Now you would lose a 1st, Vaak, prospect plus another D for expansion. Rentals & cap space may become very valuable this deadline.
Really depends on the price. Only way I'd consider rentals is if they are 4th round picks or waiver wire fodder for one.

Ideally we can make some hockey trades, but barring that trading for term does give the Bruins more options/contingency plans when it comes to picking their protection list and who is still here after.

1st+prospect for rental?

1st+ prospect for roster player+players pushed down on the depth chart, means other players are protected by this process.

I'll use Eckholm as an example.
Acquire Ekholm. Protect Mac, Carlo, and Ekholm.
Expose Gryz, Lauzon, Zboril.

Two of Gryz/Lauzon/Zboril are still on the roster after expansion and we have a better Top 4 than before making that trade.

Trading for a rental, unless the cost is minimum, means giving up trade assets, then that play walks. And we are then down 2 players from that position.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Put Coyle on the wing with dk and nick and get derick brassard as third c . He won't cost much and will help big time.

i think derick brassard is very likely and completely unacceptable. Garland is in my opinion a right shot marchand in the making. Some posters think hes got an ego. Perfect environment here, where there is clear hierarchy of leadership. Plus marchand gets a protege.

kjpm

Sponsor
May 28, 2011
At that price for Ekholm I'd be looking at rental defencemen like Oleksiak or Savard and save the big assets for a young forward like Garland or Reinhart. Very few buyers have cap space to buy outright so prices on rentals should be relatively low.

On that topic, I wonder if they put Moore, Kase and/or Miller on LTIR by the deadline if they're done for the year. The timing on Moore's surgery is very interesting to me. Teams at the cap limit love to deal for guys on LTIR at the deadline as it allows them to exceed the cap. Tampa did it last year with Gaborik and Nilsson. Maybe you could flip one of these guys for a pick then use that in another deal.

It will be interesting to see how it all plays out with so many teams at the cap limit.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Don't think the Preds get all that, makes sense to ask big to start though.

1 and 1/4 seasons of Blake Coleman got New Jersey a 1st + top end prospect (Foote) and Ekholm is more valuable than Coleman is. Both players came with the added bonus of very reasonable cap hits.

Let's assume Nashville aren't interested in our young goalies (with them drafting Askarov last year). So your talking a 1st rounder, the only skater prospect I see that fits the mold of "elite prospect" (and even this is a stretch) is Studnicka.

What that 3rd piece is? I am going to assume it's a lesser piece than the first two, so a B-level prospect (take your pick the Bruins have quite a few).

That's a lot for a team with an aging core and not much in the way of high-end prospects coming.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
I guess you never know if you don’t ask!

Wait a bit and see who else shakes loose around the league. If Nashville runs out of buyers they might be more reasonable.

Hell that’s a Forsberg package.

Think I found the guys buying all the houses up here in Canada. Just relax a little.
I don’t think that’s a Forsberg ask. I think it’s reasonable. It all comes down to a subjective definition of “elite” prospect. Haven’t we been using the term “top prospect” for decades to describe the top shelf guys in a system. What’s an “elite prospect”?

IMO this is a late first, a guy who likely plays in the NHL and a depth piece/lower prospect. I do that for Ekholm. Seems fair.

1st rounder, Zboril, Khulman. If they need more to close it, Senyshyn instead of Kuhlman? Works for me.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
From last nights Sweeney video conference

“The health of our group and how well we’re playing will sometimes determine as well as the availability of players you might like to add,” Sweeney said. “I think they’re all variables associated with it. I can’t tell you whether or not we’re going to make a move in any direction. As I’ve said before, we’d like to. But a little bit of the health of our hockey club may dictate that. We’re going to face even more of a compressed schedule as we go through the next 28 games. In the playoffs, you’d have a war of attrition. But I think the balance of the schedule is going to present some of those challenges.”

“If we can add and improve our hockey club, we’d like to do that. For now and for the future going forward,” Sweeney said. “The team itself and how they’re playing usually indicates whether or not how aggressive you’re going to want to be.”
Not a good look for a GM.

Reactions: Gordoff
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad