Boston Bruins IX-Rumors, Trade Proposals, Speculation, etc.. (rumors must have recognized source/link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
image0.png

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
What about Iafallo?

LW/C
Age 27
2.45$ UFA this year
43 points (17 goals last year) 70 games played

or Tierney
C
6 "1"
204 lbs
$3.5 UFA this year
Meh points

Last edited:

bearcountry17

Jun 4, 2012
South Shore, MA
Good catch, still no interest

Well, much like you think Gaudreau isn't on the same planet as Marchand I think it would be fair to say that Gaudreau is on a different level than any other forward on the team outside the top line. He's 15th in scoring for the entire league over the last 5 years(Marchand 5th, Pastrnak 9th, Bergeron 36th, Krejci 74th for reference). Gaudreau is such a perfect fit for this teams needs Sweeney should be fired if he's not interested. This is a guy that could actually single handedly fix our secondary scoring problems.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
My favorite part of trade threads is that people are so confident that because a guy hasn’t been good in the playoffs in the past, it means he cannot possibly be good here.

Rich Peverley did nothing in the playoffs prior to coming here in 2011 and yet, the Bruins probably don’t win a cup without him.

Last edited:

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
My favorite part of trade threads is that people are so confident that because a guy hasn’t been good in the playoffs in the past, it means he cannot possibly be good here.

Rich Peverley did nothing in the playoffs prior to coming here in 2011 and yet, the Bruins probably don’t win a cup without him.

That’s a good counter.

BruinsNetwork

Jan 8, 2021

I remember that Coyle and MoJo weren't supposed to be good additions either because they weren't name brands.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

Heard that about David Price then 2018 happened

Reactions: lopey

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
I know many of us have been against the additions of UFAs, but I still like Palmieri. I honestly don’t think he’s going to cost a ton either. Perhaps Bjork and a pick give or take.

Talks have apparently not gone well between he and New Jersey. Also, just because he is a UFA doesn’t mean he can’t be extended. Obviously there’s risk there, but if he can be had for that price I don’t think it’s a bad gamble, especially if he were to stay.

Reactions: Gordoff

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Well, much like you think Gaudreau isn't on the same planet as Marchand I think it would be fair to say that Gaudreau is on a different level than any other forward on the team outside the top line. He's 15th in scoring for the entire league over the last 5 years(Marchand 5th, Pastrnak 9th, Bergeron 36th, Krejci 74th for reference). Gaudreau is such a perfect fit for this teams needs Sweeney should be fired if he's not interested. This is a guy that could actually single handedly fix our secondary scoring problems.

And I agree, just don't say him and Brad are similar. (not you)

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
I remember that Coyle and MoJo weren't supposed to be good additions either because they weren't name brands.

Cant say I agree, both of those guys where not brought in to carry the team but they were sure traded for to add depth and most considered them GOOD additions for that roll. We still had no second line then just like now.

Sevendust

Jan 11, 2010
Munich, Germany
Two different types of players.
Marchand will take a big hit or give a big hit to create a scoring chance, Gaudreau will never do that.
Both are very good offensively.
Marchand is an above average penalty killer, JG is not.
I take Marchand as well without a second thought.

Excuse me, but I almost choked on my ice cream. Above average you say? I respectfully disagree and beg you to look up his shorthanded goal totals. This guy is one of the best penalty killers in the league and regularly turn shorthanded situations into goals

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
What a fleecing that would be. Why would Calgary ever do that?

Gonna take a shot at it:

-Johnny has one year left after this season on his 6.75m contract. DeBrusk has one year left of a 3.75m contract and then RFA status, so Calgary would have team control and gain much desired cap space.
-Gaudreau is 27, Jake is 24.
-scoring and point history are not even on the same page. Boston would have to add big-time to DeBrusk. I'd say a 1st and a decent prospect like Zboril, Vaak, or Bjork to even start a conversation.
-Don't know about Calgary's farm system but I don't see any recognizable names that could replace Gaudreau. However, rumor has it that Johnny is part of a slip locker room and if the GM decides to go with the other side then Johnny will be moved. His play lately has been sub-par and he has lost favor on the team from top-down just based on comments they've made. But Calgary would be selling low, so they only move Gaudreau if they have to in a locker room retool and if the offer is high enough from the receiving team.
-While I don't see this happening or even all that much of a fit for these two teams. I would not be shocked to see Gaudreau and a couple more star players from Calgary moved at the deadline. They need a culture change in that locker room as bad as Buffalo does. Half the team wants to play a physical grind it out and get dirty goals style while the other half wants to play skill only pond hockey. No coach yet has been able to bridge the gap and Sutter looks like he might have already chosen a side.

Just my speculation.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
I'm coming back around on Hall. If he comes here he's expected to be the 4th/5th best forward? He cant carry a team, and isn't heart and soul, but in a complimentary role as a talented top 6 rental they could do worse.

Reactions: HustleB

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Gonna take a shot at it:

-Johnny has one year left after this season on his 6.75m contract. DeBrusk has one year left of a 3.75m contract and then RFA status, so Calgary would have team control and gain much desired cap space.
-Gaudreau is 27, Jake is 24.
-scoring and point history are not even on the same page. Boston would have to add big-time to DeBrusk. I'd say a 1st and a decent prospect like Zboril, Vaak, or Bjork to even start a conversation.
-Don't know about Calgary's farm system but I don't see any recognizable names that could replace Gaudreau. However, rumor has it that Johnny is part of a slip locker room and if the GM decides to go with the other side then Johnny will be moved. His play lately has been sub-par and he has lost favor on the team from top-down just based on comments they've made. But Calgary would be selling low, so they only move Gaudreau if they have to in a locker room retool and if the offer is high enough from the receiving team.
-While I don't see this happening or even all that much of a fit for these two teams. I would not be shocked to see Gaudreau and a couple more star players from Calgary moved at the deadline. They need a culture change in that locker room as bad as Buffalo does. Half the team wants to play a physical grind it out and get dirty goals style while the other half wants to play skill only pond hockey. No coach yet has been able to bridge the gap and Sutter looks like he might have already chosen a side.

Just my speculation.

Enjoyed this post- I can see why Calgary would do it also, but agree it would be JDB plus. I would love to see it, but I don't know that this is even on anyone's radar as a possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad