Boston Bruins IX-Rumors, Trade Proposals, Speculation, etc.. (rumors must have recognized source/link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Sounds like a 1st, Cam York and Scott Laughton type package will get it done. Guessing for us it would be 1st, Vaak and Frederic/Bjork maybe?

Not sure Vaak or York are elite tho

Philly isn’t going to trade Cam York to Nashville in this package.

Reactions: Lo97

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
1 and 1/4 seasons of Blake Coleman got New Jersey a 1st + top end prospect (Foote) and Ekholm is more valuable than Coleman is. Both players came with the added bonus of very reasonable cap hits.

Let's assume Nashville aren't interested in our young goalies (with them drafting Askarov last year). So your talking a 1st rounder, the only skater prospect I see that fits the mold of "elite prospect" (and even this is a stretch) is Studnicka.

What that 3rd piece is? I am going to assume it's a lesser piece than the first two, so a B-level prospect (take your pick the Bruins have quite a few).

That's a lot for a team with an aging core and not much in the way of high-end prospects coming.
Yeah I guess what is considered top prospect and what is the other piece, would Vaak be considered a top prospect, I think so he has shown he can play at the top level and is expansion exempt that means a lot, Steen could be the added piece. I would do it for that package, but if they want more than rather we use it for a good top 6 F with term and then add a less expensive D like Savard or Oleksiak.

Last edited:

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
At that price for Ekholm I'd be looking at rental defencemen like Oleksiak or Savard and save the big assets for a young forward like Garland or Reinhart. Very few buyers have cap space to buy outright so prices on rentals should be relatively low.

On that topic, I wonder if they put Moore, Kase and/or Miller on LTIR by the deadline if they're done for the year. The timing on Moore's surgery is very interesting to me. Teams at the cap limit love to deal for guys on LTIR at the deadline as it allows them to exceed the cap. Tampa did it last year with Gaborik and Nilsson. Maybe you could flip one of these guys for a pick then use that in another deal.

It will be interesting to see how it all plays out with so many teams at the cap limit.
I agree, rather get Savard/Oleksiak and use our assets to get a Rakell, Reinhart etc. If we could swing a deal for Ekholm and Forsberg without giving up 2 1st I would prefer that, otherwise go the other route stated

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Yep, so if the flawed team goes on a run vs Buffalo he will actually stand pat? Yuck.

Bruins are a lock for the play-offs IMO, so does that mean no changes needed?

"I know one of my tires is balding, but nothing's happening so far so I am gonna risk it."

Knowing you have problems and choosing not to address them because it's not terrible yet is not a good look for any manager.

In his defense, prices seem to be high on players. The market is small, teams are nervous about taking on contracts that could be vulnerable to expansion, cap issues in a pandemic....etcetera...
Their jobs right now are super tough to make changes. But his quote is not what I wanted to hear from a GM.

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
I want no part of trading for Ekholm at the rumored asking price from the Preds.
Let another team overpay.
The closest comp I can think of is the Jake Muzzin trade the Leafs made, which they traded a # 1 pick and two prospects, one being a 4th liner now.

Reactions: bbfan419

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I want no part of trading for Ekholm at the rumored asking price from the Preds.
Let another team overpay.
The closest comp I can think of is the Jake Muzzin trade the Leafs made, which they traded a # 1 pick and two prospects, one being a 4th liner now.
Bruins adding
Carlo
Miller
Lauzon
Tinordi

Shortly

they were 10-1-2 with that lineup and ZERO Buffalo games and most on road

overpay is freaking Twitter Bruins stuff

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
Put Coyle on the wing with dk and nick and get derick brassard as third c . He won't cost much and will help big time.
Brassard is not the answer for us, or an upgrade. I would rather see TF take over at C.
Granlund would be a nice fit or I would like Cogliano, he would fit in great, can kill penalties and can still skate.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Going to throw a name out there that was on waivers about a month ago....Adam Henrique in ANH. Since clearing waivers and being brought back up he has:

13GP / 6G / 5A / 0.85 PGP

He's signed for 3 more years at $5.8 million a year. Can play Center or Wing and his career numbers put him as a fringe 25/25 guy. For fun I looked at Henrique vs Rakell at 5v5 since the beginning of last year:

Adam Henrique
Category
Rickard Rakell
100​
GP​
98​
25​
Goals​
16​
17​
Assists​
26​
42​
Points​
42​
15.53​
SH%​
7.41​
16.71​
ixG​
20.65​
192​
iSCF​
226​
98​
iHDCF​
106​
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Games played was similar, but Rakell still had about 150 more minutes of TOI.

kjpm

Sponsor
May 28, 2011
Going to throw a name out there that was on waivers about a month ago....Adam Henrique in ANH. Since clearing waivers and being brought back up he has:

He's signed for 3 more years at $5.8 million a year. Can play Center or Wing and his career numbers put him as a fringe 25/25 guy. For fun I looked at Henrique vs Rakell at 5v5 since the beginning of last year:

Adam Henrique
Category
Rickard Rakell
100​
GP​
98​
25​
Goals​
16​
17​
Assists​
26​
42​
Points​
42​
15.53​
SH%​
7.41​
16.71​
ixG​
20.65​
192​
iSCF​
226​
98​
iHDCF​
106​
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

I've had this thought as well and even brought it up when he was on waivers. I wouldn't hate it at all. I think he'd be a better fit as the second line center 5v5 than Krejci at this point (not a Krejci hater, just being realistic with where he is offensively at this point in his career) and ought to come pretty cheap with the term left on his contract. If Anaheim would take Moore back I would be very interested.

Reactions: Gordoff

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

Adam Henrique
Category
Rickard Rakell
100​
GP​
98​
25​
Goals​
16​
17​
Assists​
26​
42​
Points​
42​
15.53​
SH%​
7.41​
16.71​
ixG​
20.65​
192​
iSCF​
226​
98​
iHDCF​
106​
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

My question would be......if the Bruins are taking on Henrique and his albatross contract, what else are Anaheim including in the deal to entice the Bruins to take on that financial commitment?

Assuming their young players are off the table, my pitch to Anaheim is we'll take Henrique's contract off your hands, all you have to do is include Rakell in the deal and maybe the Bruins add some other smaller pieces to even things up a bit.

No way would I take on the Henrique contract without some added incentive to the Bruins.

Yeti34

Apr 13, 2013
Tampa
Garland seems like a good player for the Yotes. I don’t think he is moving the needle at all for this bruins team. He would be another 3rd line winger playing on the 2nd line.

Reactions: bbfan419

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Garland would be a dream come true. He’s young he’s been getting better every year. He could be a absolute steal for us. The thought of Pasta,Senny and Garland speeding down the RW would be incredible for us.

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
Garland seems like a good player for the Yotes. I don’t think he is moving the needle at all for this bruins team. He would be another 3rd line winger playing on the 2nd line.
He’s played in their top 6 this year and produced quite well. I don’t disagree with your assessment though.

I also don’t think adding him necessarily takes them out of the running for another wing.

kjpm

Sponsor
May 28, 2011

You think? He'd be tied for 3rd in points with Bergeron and 4th in goals with almost all of them coming at even strength. His 20 even strength points this year would actually lead the time. His average time on ice would be 4th on this team and he's on pace for 23 goals and 64 points in a full season.

If that's a third liner I'll take him and five more lol.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Count me in on Garland! Any idea what the rough cost would be?
Not sure but Jaffe brought up this morning on 98.5

he’s a RFA and should get a jump something Arizona probably not excited about

his game and personality look like an excellent match for Bruins

return ? No cult but he’s a RW and about same age as DeBrusk

Kase supposed to do the Garland thing and he seems close so Bruins really should let him play before doing anything

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Not sure but Jaffe brought up this morning on 98.5

he’s a RFA and should get a jump something Arizona probably not excited about

his game and personality look like an excellent match for Bruins

return ? No cult but he’s a RW and about same age as DeBrusk

Kase supposed to do the Garland thing and he seems close so Bruins really should let him play before doing anything

Well he's skating occasionally on his own, if that is close? That was the last update I saw, anyway. If Kase even sees an elbow in his field of vision he gets a concussion. I don't think the Bruins can afford to wait and see. Kase may never be back and time is running out. I don't know if Garland can be had, but Kase's status is neither here nor there to me. If he comes back and can play, it is gravy at this point.

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Garland then Wood from NJ. Both 25 skate like the wind and fit exactly what we need. These are the players worth giving up first rounders and top prospects for. We add grit, scoring and cost controlled players. We stay young enough to be cup contenders for the next 5 years. Please say no to rentals,they will kill us long term.

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Well he's skating occasionally on his own, if that is close? That was the last update I saw, anyway. If Kase even sees an elbow in his field of vision he gets a concussion. I don't think the Bruins can afford to wait and see. Kase may never be back and time is running out. I don't know if Garland can be had, but Kase's status is neither here nor there to me. If he comes back and can play, it is gravy at this point.
Go look at the numbers Garland has put up since he was a kid. Classic he’s to small. He’s getting better. Put him on a team like Boston and look out. Potential for a point a game player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad