Boston Bruins IX-Rumors, Trade Proposals, Speculation, etc.. (rumors must have recognized source/link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
From last nights Sweeney video conference

“The health of our group and how well we’re playing will sometimes determine as well as the availability of players you might like to add,” Sweeney said. “I think they’re all variables associated with it. I can’t tell you whether or not we’re going to make a move in any direction. As I’ve said before, we’d like to. But a little bit of the health of our hockey club may dictate that. We’re going to face even more of a compressed schedule as we go through the next 28 games. In the playoffs, you’d have a war of attrition. But I think the balance of the schedule is going to present some of those challenges.”

“If we can add and improve our hockey club, we’d like to do that. For now and for the future going forward,” Sweeney said. “The team itself and how they’re playing usually indicates whether or not how aggressive you’re going to want to be.”

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008

“The health of our group and how well we’re playing will sometimes determine as well as the availability of players you might like to add,” Sweeney said. “I think they’re all variables associated with it. I can’t tell you whether or not we’re going to make a move in any direction. As I’ve said before, we’d like to. But a little bit of the health of our hockey club may dictate that. We’re going to face even more of a compressed schedule as we go through the next 28 games. In the playoffs, you’d have a war of attrition. But I think the balance of the schedule is going to present some of those challenges.”

“If we can add and improve our hockey club, we’d like to do that. For now and for the future going forward,” Sweeney said. “The team itself and how they’re playing usually indicates whether or not how aggressive you’re going to want to be.”
Sounds like a message to the team, "prove that you are contenders and we'll treat you like one, play like you aren't and we won't"

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Sounds like a message to the team, "prove that you are contenders and we'll treat you like one, play like you aren't and we won't"

Sounds like Sweeney being Sweeney.

He never gives away his hand which is good but then again he's never brought in that one game changer. This will be a telling year for him, unless he adds a Rakell or a Arvidsson with an Ekholm. I say trade Kreech and Rask, try to resign them after the season but get some assets.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB

Has this guy been abroad for a while.Sheeesh man stop playing head games and do your damn job.This team needs legit help if Stanley Cup is the goal.If your just hoping to squeak in then give the Cap space to JJ and just stfu.Sweeney is wearing on me.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Wow that's steep, seems like we'd be gutting our valuable pieces for the wrong upgrade.
For one, we will pick bottom 3rd in all likelihood. For another, "elite" prospect is clearly vague enough to be meaningless, but does it even mean "top" prospect? Is Zboril and "elite" prospect? Feels like an NHL player right?

Would we really not give up Zboril, a #20+ 1st round pick and "something else"? Is Kuhlman "something else"? I make that trade all day.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010

The health of our group and how well we’re playing will sometimes determine as well as the availability of players you might like to add,” Sweeney said. “I think they’re all variables associated with it. I can’t tell you whether or not we’re going to make a move in any direction. As I’ve said before, we’d like to. But a little bit of the health of our hockey club may dictate that. We’re going to face even more of a compressed schedule as we go through the next 28 games. In the playoffs, you’d have a war of attrition. But I think the balance of the schedule is going to present some of those challenges.”

A) Give me a break. He has a formula, and he has been doing the same thing every year. He is going to have to do something outside of that formula before I can take what he says seriously.

B) This guy must study tapes of Donald Rumsfeld press conferences. I wish he would study tapes of the NHL players he brings in at the deadline instead.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
They can have ekholm and he's 30 points. Move along. Get me some el cheapo deals . Bobby Ryan patrick Marleau micheal del zotto types. No blue chips prospects and 1st round pick trades please and thank you donny.

You really think the likes of Ryan, Marleau or Del Zotto move the needle at all ? Sweeney has to either bring in meaningful players which is my preference or sell.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
For one, we will pick bottom 3rd in all likelihood. For another, "elite" prospect is clearly vague enough to be meaningless, but does it even mean "top" prospect? Is Zboril and "elite" prospect? Feels like an NHL player right?

Would we really not give up Zboril, a #20+ 1st round pick and "something else"? Is Kuhlman "something else"? I make that trade all day.

i wouldnt call zboril an elite prospect. Id call him a bottom pairing dman with thr chance to be a middle pair. Id call kuhlman a guy that has no value in any capacity as all teams have ahl players they can call up if they need a guy

Reactions: Lo97

easton117

Nov 11, 2017

I guess you never know if you don’t ask!

Wait a bit and see who else shakes loose around the league. If Nashville runs out of buyers they might be more reasonable.

Hell that’s a Forsberg package.

Think I found the guys buying all the houses up here in Canada. Just relax a little.

Reactions: bbfan419
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad