OT - NO POLITICS IT'S SUMMERTIME - ( spring was cancelled )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
do not watch the news. trust me. you will feel so much better. they only tell the bad side of things.
I will try again....Hopefully this post won't get deleted.

I have to watch the news. I feel the need to know what is going on. I probably should watch less though as it repeats and is usually depressing.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Spent the afternoon cleaning up my Cambridge place as a pipe blew above me leaving my bathroom and kitchen a giant mess

Now back to the beach

B9A077B7-A1E5-457B-BBBC-9FB31D028698.jpeg
9EA6989B-64A1-456F-AE86-CE8D5433343E.jpeg

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I have found something during this weird time that I really enjoy.

Having bird feeders.
I’ve always worked pretty much dawn to dusk. Then on weekends had zillion things to do.
My kids got me a couple of squirrel proof feeders . They actually work.
Now that I’m WFH I can sit and glance at them nearly most of the day. Tons of different birds. Some very colorful.
Its pretty cool and for me has a relaxing effect.
I highly recommend checking it out.

roflstomper

Barzal/Connor/Konecny
Sep 28, 2010
Rhode Island
Pretty much every major health authority does not or has not recommended masks for virus transmission prevention until a couple months ago. This is a brand new thing they have implemented and encouraged and there is no real data to prove that masks have an efficacy in this matter. Even Fauci said masks aren't proven to do shit in March. It's just changed now because this is basically all they have at this point. And don't get this twisted, I am all for universal mask mandate. What could it possibly hurt and it may prove out to be extremely effective. And if it makes people feel safe so be it. Literally the easiest and simplest thing you can do.

Reactions: BMC

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
IT'S SUMMERTIME IN AMERICA
(spring was canceled)

THE VIRUS IS STILL WITH US

WORSE THAN EVER
(summertime should have been canceled)

STILL NO NATIONAL PLAN

Maine Fan

Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Pretty much every major health authority does not or has not recommended masks for virus transmission prevention until a couple months ago. This is a brand new thing they have implemented and encouraged and there is no real data to prove that masks have an efficacy in this matter. Even Fauci said masks aren't proven to do shit in March. It's just changed now because this is basically all they have at this point. And don't get this twisted, I am all for universal mask mandate. What could it possibly hurt and it may prove out to be extremely effective. And if it makes people feel safe so be it. Literally the easiest and simplest thing you can do.

Fake News

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario

So you are saying what was said three months ago is concrete..new studies are not allowed, we cannot change our minds because they said this in March? Here are just two links to new studies.

If everyone wears a mask, 58% of Covid-19 deaths could be prevented by fall, study says

Still Confused About Masks? Here’s the Science Behind How Face Masks Prevent Coronavirus

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005

i think everyone knows masks wont do a thing to protect you from getting sick. it wont. the mask. a good one. will help you not spread the virus if you have it.
so if you wear that fancy mask you made and some dolt that has the virus isnt wearing one, its not gonna do a damn thing to protect you. im pretty sure a welflding sheild or bauer sheild is better than a mask for covid.
also not sure about anyone elses kids but when my 7 yr old wears a mask. all she does is has her hands at her face. the one thing you shouldnt do.
i wear a mask whenever im insude with people outside of my circle.
outside i will not wear a mask. i go outsude to get fresh air.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

Having bird feeders.
I’ve always worked pretty much dawn to dusk. Then on weekends had zillion things to do.
Now that I’m WFH I can sit and glance at them nearly most of the day. Tons of different birds. Some very colorful.
Oh My...Me too I have a large T shape holder that I can hang 6 feeders on. The squirrels can not get on it. I also have a table on my deck with a bird bath and I feed the squirrels , blue jays ad other birds peanuts.

I have three different kinds of Wood peckers. The largest is the pileated. I have many birds. The newest is a blue bird.

I am turning into my parents.

Maine Fan

Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Is pushing to open schools during another time of peaking COVID-19 numbers another admission of failure? The first admission of failure of our Government was pushing to open the businesses to get the economy going and reduce the need to help Americans in need financially with National Government money.

If today were the first day of school, knowing what I know today and with the lack of National Government funds to to it correctly, I wouldn't send my children to school just to be part of the proof of another National Government failure.

Reactions: Ladyfan

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Is pushing to open schools during another time of peaking COVID-19 numbers another admission of failure? The first admission of failure of our Government was pushing to open the businesses to get the economy going and reduce the need to help Americans in need financially with National Government money.

If today were the first day of school, knowing what I know today and with the lack of National Government funds to to it correctly, I wouldn't send my children to school just to be part of the proof of another National Government failure.
they have to go back to school.
parents who cant work from home need them back in school. also the online learning is a disaster.
no reason for them not to be in school. just today there were about 300 peopke and kids in my local walmart.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
they have to go back to school.
parents who cant work from home need them back in school. also the online learning is a disaster.
no reason for them not to be in school. just today there were about 300 peopke and kids in my local walmart.

I certainly recognize your angst. Well founded .
But there are reasons . Or at least one big one. This is real. I dont have any answers. But I also recognize that people are still dying in huge numbers and the age of those dying is going down rapidly.

Reactions: Ladyfan

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

Having bird feeders.
I’ve got 2 in my backyard with two bird houses from Michaels and a family of rabbits under my shed house

because some of the rabbits are young I now have to warn them before my dog goes out in the morning

at least no skunks (so far)

I love having the birds out there

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I’ve got 2 in my backyard with two bird houses from Michaels and a family of rabbits under my shed house

because some of the rabbits are young I now have to warn them before my dog goes out in the morning

at least no skunks (so far)

I love having the birds out there

Unfortunately one of my dogs already got three rabbits this year.
I feel bad but its what dogs do I guess.
Anyway Im having fun with the bird feeders and literally 5 minutes ago ordered a squirrel feeder and sweet corn things to put on it.

upload_2020-7-11_23-23-4.jpeg

upload_2020-7-11_23-25-17.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: