OT - NO POLITICS IT'S SUMMERTIME - ( spring was cancelled )

Status
Not open for further replies.

bb74

Thanks for Everything Bill
Sep 24, 2003
Cuttyhunk
this is a first time for me. I have two dogs. Dont know if they fought over them or not. But carnage.
Part of the issue, never had this before, is we put up a fence last year. Rabbits come in and then cant get out.

Glad your pup is working out for you though.
Watership Down... poor rabbits... once a dog gets the taste of blood they will always go back. Can happen with chickens, rabbits, even lamb/sheep. Nature working its way to the surface.

Reactions: Gee Wally

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Took matter into my own hands. 1 week into the 2 week kitchen remodel and not a single soul has shown up. At one point my keys fell off the window and through a crack in the floor. So i had to take a sawzall to the floor. Got my keys back though. I went full small man syndrome and carried the entire counter/sink over my head down the stairs and out to the driveway.

I’d like to say when the carpenters finally show up they’ll see some dirty work is already done and feel bad, but i know nobody gives a shit.

regardless. I earned this bottle of coke.

I had to wait months to schedule my kitchen redo (from the studs up), but once the job was scheduled, the contractor was there every day at 7 a.m. for 6 weeks.

Reactions: BMC

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Just got a FaceTime call from one of my 5 year olds, from his iPad, telling ME in the kindest phrasing possible to get off Netflix so he could use it. I’m not even mad. It was precious. Technology, DAMN

then the OTHER 5 year old called me from his iPad because he was jealous he didn’t get to say hi. Not a bad Sunday evening.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I had to wait months to schedule my kitchen redo (from the studs up), but once the job was scheduled, the contractor was there every day at 7 a.m. for 6 weeks.

Six weeks! Yowza. Im hoping to save most of the walls, the subfloor, and electrical. I’m not changing layouts of anything so it should save time. A couple hours tomorrow for a plumber, then a day for the floor and a day for the cabinets. Add a day or two because something will be out of whack. Hopefully by the end of the week the quartz template gets put in and all that’s missing for next weekend is my counter/sink

six weeks sounds excruciating! But it must have been a huge undertaking if you had labor there every day for six weeks.

Reactions: BMC

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Just got a FaceTime call from one of my 5 year olds, from his iPad, telling ME in the kindest phrasing possible to get off Netflix so he could use it. I’m not even mad. It was precious. Technology, DAMN

then the OTHER 5 year old called me from his iPad because he was jealous he didn’t get to say hi. Not a bad Sunday evening.
My40 year old daughter called me this morning and we chatted for a couple of hours. I haven't seen her since Christmas. I miss seeing her.
She usually travels for work and often comes home to visit.

This is her with her boyfriend and their 6 pets. (3 cats: Charlie, Neville and Merlin, 2 dogs: Fenway and Wrigley and Cosmo the pig). They live in California.

64430243_10219189316672990_4428812341097791488_o.jpg

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
My40 year old daughter called me this morning and we chatted for a couple of hours. I haven't seen her since Christmas. I miss seeing her.

This is her with her boyfriend and their 6 pets. (3 cats: Charlie, Neville and Merlin, 2 dogs: Fenway and Wrigley and Cosmo the pig). They live in California.

i see all of them on Instagram all the time. Beautiful family :)

Reactions: Ladyfan

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Thank you. I don't disagree that online education is easier for some children and their environment for learning. I am speaking to health issues. This is America a leaderless country when it comes to Coronavirus. Look, today, what is happen with records being set everywhere. Other countries got their kids back into school and kept taking down barriers until it looks like full classes of kids like the old days but that was because the leader wanted kids educated. In leaderless America the reason to get the kids back in school is not for education but instead reelection. There isn't a National plan in place that is then tweaked by States to get the kids back into the classroom safely and the same for teachers, assistants and school staff. This is present America where the virus is a harmless hoax, while the number of cases go through the roofs along with deaths.

Not a problem. I just think education and the school system in general are incredibly important, not just for learning but for the wider health, wellbeing and development of kids. In the current circumstances there are no perfect solutions, and children are going to be disadvantaged to some extent whatever is decided upon, but as another poster said, the aim should be to ensure that the 'least bad' options are chosen and schools are given every chance and resource possible to succeed in providing effective learning and support until things return to at least semi-normalcy. No half-measures or just lazily relying on virtual learning or compromised on-site classes until Covid goes away, which could well take years. No politicizing. Be innovative, find best practice and ensure it's something that will be effective for the long haul. Our kids' futures depend upon it.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I am not sure how Instagram works. So you can see anybody's stuff ?

depends. If you set your account to private (which i do, and i think most people who aren’t actually trying to be internet famous do) then people have to request access from you. If your account is not private then anyone can see.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Six weeks! Yowza. Im hoping to save most of the walls, the subfloor, and electrical. I’m not changing layouts of anything so it should save time. A couple hours tomorrow for a plumber, then a day for the floor and a day for the cabinets. Add a day or two because something will be out of whack. Hopefully by the end of the week the quartz template gets put in and all that’s missing for next weekend is my counter/sink

six weeks sounds excruciating! But it must have been a huge undertaking if you had labor there every day for six weeks.
My house is 160 years old; the kitchen just slightly newer. :laugh:

roflstomper

Barzal/Connor/Konecny
Sep 28, 2010
Rhode Island
what is wrong with you ??? Where do you come up with this bull shit ?

Published research from every major medical institution and Dr Fauci's own words for one. I believe he said something to the effect of "it will make you feel safe so wear them if you want but they aren't going to do much". Mask worshipers are as bad as anti maskers. The tune towards masks has undoubtedly changed greatly in the medical community in the past month or so and that has filtered down but has yet to bee backed up in any scientific research. Like I said masks are probably effective to some extent and everyone should be wearing them. But I'm not going to sit here and pretend it's some simple proven solution that is cut and dry. Cannot go to the extreme of masks are dumb and don't do anything and the extreme that they will save everyone from ever getting sick. Both sides are simply wrong. Small piece of a much larger puzzle.

roflstomper

Barzal/Connor/Konecny
Sep 28, 2010
Rhode Island
Not a problem. I just think education and the school system in general are incredibly important, not just for learning but for the wider health, wellbeing and development of kids. In the current circumstances there are no perfect solutions, and children are going to be disadvantaged to some extent whatever is decided upon, but as another poster said, the aim should be to ensure that the 'least bad' options are chosen and schools are given every chance and resource possible to succeed in providing effective learning and support until things return to at least semi-normalcy. No half-measures or just lazily relying on virtual learning or compromised on-site classes until Covid goes away, which could well take years. No politicizing. Be innovative, find best practice and ensure it's something that will be effective for the long haul. Our kids' futures depend upon it.

It's rough. They can't even teach our kids to read at grade level when they're IN school. Can't imagine how little gets done in the online "classrooms". A key in getting back to school will be how infectious kids are. Haven't read up on that yet, not sure what's out there. We know kids can test positive but do they actually have it and can they spread it to their teachers.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
If you have children or grandchildren and you wonder about sending them back to school and are concerned about their health if they go back, then read both sides by reading to the end. Then at this time, with what you know at this time, decide for right now regarding their health. Things might change either way with more info.

The CDC Director Just Issued This Big Warning About Coronavirus | News Break

Last edited by a moderator:

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ

I posted anothor update from the CDC and some medical opinions that say be careful with what is being done re: schooling.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

I would die for Cosmo

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
My house is 160 years old; the kitchen just slightly newer. :laugh:

hahaha sounds familiar so i can understand your pain. Records say 1900 on my house but that seems like a conveniently round number to me. I was up in the attic last summer playing with duct work for the AC, and parts of the attic floor are made up of two different roof lines. No clue how many additions this house has had over the years. I find coal in the cellar all the time, and the kitchen on the first floor has all exposed plumbing, which leads me to believe that it was originally used for coal production.

The best part though, we can sit back after we are done and be proud of our vision and hard work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad