It's over...

How are y'all rn?

• Total voters

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
I don't think that's accurate because Vancouver has dropped many times in the lottery
I was more saying that the team sucked and Hughes/Pettersson fell into his lap. Kind of had what we figured was happening with Bennett but it was an actual 1C they got.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I was more saying that the team sucked and Hughes/Pettersson fell into his lap. Kind of had what we figured was happening with Bennett but it was an actual 1C they got.
We'll see how they pan out I guess. The current versions of Bennett and Monahan are irrecognizable from their D+2 seasons that got us excited about their future. Something went horribly wrong along the way

Reactions: Fig

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
We'll see how they pan out I guess. The current versions of Bennett and Monahan are irrecognizable from their D+2 seasons that got us excited about their future. Something went horribly wrong along the way
Horvat is now a lot better player than Monahan
At one point it wasn’t close. That’s how far Monahan went down the toilet.

Reactions: That High Guy

Ita

Mar 11, 2019
I don't really follow this team but can someone tell what happened to Monahan and Gaudreau? How did they regress so much when they are still relatively young?

CanmoreMike

Feb 27, 2002
#YEG
Jim Benning's redeeming quality is he fell ass backwards into loaded talent at the top of drafts. He is now screwing that over by signing Sutter/Myers/Roussel/Beagle/Ferland/Eriksson to restrictive deals.

Imagine the blowout of the Flames had a legit #1 centre and a #1 D and there were questions about where the money would come from to sign them because Treliving overloaded on old vets for term and money? Nowhere near comparable, especially when you consider not making an offer to Toffoli at all despite planning to, the guy he traded a solid prospect + for.

Not disagreeing with you but one shitty thing that happened to him he had zero control over was the Luongo cap-recapture penalty. Funny. The NHL just outlawed it but according to the numbers at CapFriendly the Canucks are still pay $3M+ for another year.
You’d think they’d wipe that clean since other teams have either been able to dodge it (Blackhawks) or will (Predators).

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015

Bennett was never good and Monahan succumbed to the thousand of crosscheck/slashes he takes going to the slot and is now always injured.

HugginThePost

Flames Suck
Sponsor
Dec 28, 2006
Back to the Sweat Box
Oddly enough to us Oilers fans, Lucic has not been remotely a problem. He is one of the most consistently engaged Flames and resembles the Lucic that we had the first year he was with the Oilers. I would take this version of him over any version of Neal we have had at this point.

This.......Looch is the furthest thing from a problem at this point in time.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Knowing the Flames they'll drag this season out to the bitter end, fail to make the playoffs, and draft some poor schmuck around 15th in the 1st round.
Been there done that.

Reactions: NinjaTurtle

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
2 Gms had Petey ranked #1, the Nucks and the Rangers. Petey didn't fall to them, in fact Petey was a reach due to his size. Our team has very good Swedish scouts who pushed Bennning to watch him, while the head scout Brackett was pushing hard for Glass.
As for Quinn they had him ranked #3rd so it was a no brainer internally but was ballzy considering the D left on the board who were considered safe while Q was boom or bust.
Love or hate Benning considering the highest pick in his tenure was 5th, he did an amazing job assembling foundational pieces in all the positions that you need to win.
In the 10 years prior to Benning the Nucks had Horvat and Hodgson as the only 2 players to play more than 100 games, Benning has 9, with guys like Demko, Hogs, Podz, Rathbone, Joulevi following suit and guys like Lind, Woo, Dipietro, and lockwood, trending that way as well.
Flames don't seem to draft very well but Brad seems to do a good job with trades but he gave some really stupid deals this off-season in Marky and Tanev. You guys needed to get some points from the D but signed Tanev who is warrior but is offense goes to die.
Marky has 2 bad knees and isn't mentally strong, 6×6 full NMC for a 30-year-old with a career save% of 910 and his highest in a season of 917, does not deserve that deal

Kg810

Sep 24, 2015
Tre's only option is to go all in at the deadline. Go big baby!

By going all in, I hope you mean selling. Going all in on buying at the expense of whatever picks we have left is only going to ensure we don't have a future.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
2 Gms had Petey ranked #1, the Nucks and the Rangers. Petey didn't fall to them, in fact Petey was a reach due to his size. Our team has very good Swedish scouts who pushed Bennning to watch him, while the head scout Brackett was pushing hard for Glass.
As for Quinn they had him ranked #3rd so it was a no brainer internally but was ballzy considering the D left on the board who were considered safe while Q was boom or bust.
Love or hate Benning considering the highest pick in his tenure was 5th, he did an amazing job assembling foundational pieces in all the positions that you need to win.
In the 10 years prior to Benning the Nucks had Horvat and Hodgson as the only 2 players to play more than 100 games, Benning has 9, with guys like Demko, Hogs, Podz, Rathbone, Joulevi following suit and guys like Lind, Woo, Dipietro, and lockwood, trending that way as well.
Flames don't seem to draft very well but Brad seems to do a good job with trades but he gave some really stupid deals this off-season in Marky and Tanev. You guys needed to get some points from the D but signed Tanev who is warrior but is offense goes to die.
Marky has 2 bad knees and isn't mentally strong, 6×6 full NMC for a 30-year-old with a career save% of 910 and his highest in a season of 917, does not deserve that deal

drafting is mostly due to good scout

Todd button is somewhere between trash and average but the locals don’t want to believe that

Vancouver certainly have good scouts based on the results

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
Wow this is going downhill fast. Sutter just took a shot at Johnny and is dropping Valimaki/Dube for Stone and Ritchie.

I have a lot of respect for Daryl but this organization is aimless with no plan. We really need to find a progressive GM and head coach duo to move this organization forward.

I feel there are very dark, dark days ahead if Sutter is not able to grow with young players.

Kg810

Sep 24, 2015
Wow this is going downhill fast. Sutter just took a shot at Johnny and is dropping Valimaki/Dube for Stone and Ritchie.

I have a lot of respect for Daryl but this organization is aimless with no plan. We really need to find a progressive GM and head coach duo to move this organization forward.

I feel there are very dark, dark days ahead if Sutter is not able to grow with young players.

Does it matter who he plays and who he doesn't play at this point?

Let him experiment with lines and see what he has on this team so he doesn't need to do that next season. This season has long since been over or would you prefer the usual Flames tactic of "making a push" and fail by a few points to get into playoffs? Even if we were to miraculously make it in, we won't make it past the 1st round. Is that what you want?

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Dube and Valimaki are overdue for a night in the pressbox tbh. But out of all the disappointing "big names" we have, the jab at Gaudreau is really weird.

Edit: wait that means the third pairing will be Nesterov-Stone. That's must-see TV :laugh:

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
Dube and Valimaki are overdue for a night in the pressbox tbh. But out of all the disappointing "big names" we have, the jab at Gaudreau is really weird.

Edit: wait that means the third pairing will be Nesterov-Stone. That's must-see TV :laugh:
Nobody’s tried insulting Gaudreau before...I wonder how this will turn out...

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad