It's over...

How are y'all rn?

• Total voters

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
I just need to rant right now because I have to say it... its over. The core and whatever we had here is over. We are at .500 with 30% of the season in. We have good goaltending and still just suck ass. Its the beginning of the end. With Gaudreau a pending UFA in a season and a half, the window has all but slammed shut.

Brad and Ward.... I have nothing nice left to say. The bs that has come from this front office the last couple years is just endless. Besides the Pejorative Slured comments that Brad brought to the press today, there is just so much that STINKS with this team. The mismanagement of players like Bennett and Kylington, the stupid Kulak situation, the horrible free agent signings have that destroyed our cap situation, the terrible pro-scouting that has failed to plug holes with our team, the failed moves that have been leaked left right and centre (do you blame Brodie for wanting out after that bs?),and the coaching...

Watch this team... like wtf?! Every game they start slow and can't get going, but oh it gets so much worse. The horrible neutral zone play, the bench management (is there any?), the lack of any cohesion between players in general. I have to say, Brad somehow upped himself and got a worse coach than GG. He's hired 3 coaches and royally f***ed up 2 (and Peters also blew up and our season was drowning with him too until the team decided to go on a 7 game winning streak and then flounder at .500 again). Owners being cheapasses suck but you need to find the right guy... but that's ok we can have Ward spew his BS in the press.

Seriously, the third period of the Oilers game tonight was a disgrace. No net drive, horrible line combos (Froese who is running a 20%xgF getting third line minutes...), and again just a lack of cohesion. Too many times this season, just too many f***ing times.

And the situation in the room... oh my god this team is like a Kardashian reality TV show with the drama. I hate to say it, but I get a funny sense it starts with Giordano from the way down. Tkachuk has been a non-factor since the players meeting which set the country club tone of not playing hard. Like WTF is wrong with wrong this team? I hear about this emphasis on character and whatever f***ing bullshit from higher ups, and this team is just FLAT. Now no one can defend Tkachuk for his shit play, but something has to be fishy when players make those comments and the season rolls into the pisser. And sorry to say, but Gio's tenure here has been failure after failure after f***ing failure. I can't believe I'm saying it, but I won't miss him if he gets exposed.

Lets be clear, this team is NOT making the playoffs. I can't see how everything just turns around with their play rn. Bitch about the oilers being top heavy, but their depth sure outclassed our "depth" tonight. We don't have the talent to overcome all the hurdles rn, and its really too bad because there was potential here. We saw that team 2 years ago that was the class of the conference... I guess we can all share good memories about that regular season (and forget the last 4 games of that season).

I have a funny sense this season is going to be very rocky from here on out. This is a team falling apart. Goodnight HF, I'm ready to suffer with y'all for the rest of the season.

Corpus X

Wearing Stanley's cup.
May 24, 2014
Calgary
I do enjoy the ice hockey but, in the end, it's just for the entertainment and not a way of life. I remember being a die hard and I was following the entire league but that ended a decade ago and I'm much happier because of it.

This stuff doesn't matter. The relationships we make on this board matter far more.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
I do enjoy the ice hockey but, in the end, it's just for the entertainment and not a way of life. I remember being a die hard and I was following the entire league but that ended a decade ago and I'm much happier because of it.

This stuff doesn't matter. The relationships we make on this board matter far more.

Always available for you babe ;)

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
Man we 8-8-1. Flames just need their annual coach firing to have them play with heart and then they're back in it, ez pz

Yung Rotini

6 Summers
May 18, 2013
Penticton, BC
As much as watching this team this season has been.. unpleasant to say the least, we're 8-8-1. We're hardly out of it yet.

Something needs to change, but the reality of the fact is any major changes (yes, likely including coaching) are probably not happening until the offseason. Until then we just gotta hope they can turn it around.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Man we 8-8-1. Flames just need their annual coach firing to have them play with heart and then they're back in it, ez pz

which team do you think they can beat in a playoff series? Ottawa? That’s all I can think of and I think I am generous

Reactions: super6646

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
which team do you think they can beat in a playoff series? Ottawa? That’s all I can think of and I think I am generous
If the Flames fire their new interim mid-playoffs then the heights they could reach are unknwon

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Posted this in another thread but I'm praying hard.

Attachments

• hjgkdljhjgf.PNG
    hjgkdljhjgf.PNG
    76.8 KB · Views: 24

sonic92

Mar 5, 2020
Peace River, AB
Being born in the early 90's, the cup win in '89 was before my time and once I started following them, they were in their late-90's and early-2000's dark age. Small market teams in that era had the deck insanely stacked against them and those Calgary teams were especially awful. Good individual stories like Iggy's 52 goal season in '02 was the best you could honestly hope for.

Then '04 happened. They got Kipper which gave them top level goaltending for the first time in years and they had a team that consistently worked their butts off every night. The result was a cup final appearance. (and they probably should've won it all that year but I don't want to go back down that rabbit hole right now). You'd think that would lead to them getting back to the promised land and sealing the deal this time right?

NOPE! Bad habits kicked in all across the organization and they ended up wasting all that potential they showed. Once Iggy and Kipper left in 2013, I remember going into that '13-'14 season with no expectations whatsoever thinking they would go into full tankjob mode. Then they started to make an ascension into the playoffs in 2015 and managed to win a round. Surely this would lead to them becoming contenders again right?

NOPE! Like a terrible version of Groundhog Day, the same crap that happened then is happening again now and it's even more frustrating this time because this team is clearly not learning from their mistakes. There's massive fundamental issues at play here that won't be fixed unless they purge absolutely everything in here, starting with that cowardly cheap-ass owner who's hiding over in England. Guillotine him in the middle of Deerfoot Trail if you have to.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
what's scary is that if Ward was fired, Huska would be the next man up given how Tre has fellated this chump since the beginning.

And Huska is awful, guys.
That's why you fire Treliving too. And Huska.

Could you imagine if Sigalet got his paws on Markstrom this year instead of being fired by promotion?

Reactions: DFF

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Firing Tre right now isn't going to salvage the season. Maybe getting Ward out would

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Firing Tre right now isn't going to salvage the season. Maybe getting Ward out would

Salvage the season for another first round loss? Dont see this team beating Toronto, Montreal or Winnipeg. Edmonton and Vancouver are whipping their butt now and Ottawa is not going to make the playoffs.

No thanks. We need to rebuild.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I wouldn’t care if we were a .500 team that was losing games like we did against Toronto early this season. The issue is how bad we look in general.

the guys aren’t playing for each other, lots of shifts off, they’re making bad teams look good.

Ward either lost the room, or never had it. They need changes in general. This team just isn’t good enough right now. Firing Ward is fine, he’s a cheap coach. But bring in someone with value. Bring in someone with some blood and guts.

Also I’m fine moving Tre to president of hockey ops and finding a new GM for a different direction.

Also the team on ice isn’t what Flames hockey is about. Too easy to play against, too easy to rock.

Iggys Dome

Not allowed to say the “R-Word” (rebuild)
Mar 19, 2018
Cap Space
I wonder if Dean Lombardi would ever come here...that’s probably a pipe dream, just like hoping we’d get Gallant or Boudreau.

Reactions: FlamerForLife

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad