It's over! Oilers Lose 4-3 in the SO

McDrailers

Apr 13, 2013
Newfoundland
I hope so. If used properly Yak is far more valuable than anything he could return in a trade at this point. Hall/Drai/Yak could be a killer second line.

Eight years. Not ten. A season isn't lost just cuz you miss the playoffs. 2008-09 is when the gong show started for real.

I want to see that just cuz that means we beat out Toronto. Imagine the howls of indication from 'national' media about how the draft lottery should be changed, yet again.

I disagree respectfully. Any year you make the playoffs isn't a loss, any year you fail to even qualify shouldn't be acceptable. Go look at the Boston forums for example. They don't accept failure like the Oilers organization. It's become that bad we accept not making the playoffs, obtaining a top 10 pick has become our stanley cup.

Arctic Fox

Nov 17, 2007
Nobody really cares about the shootout, but yeah I don't get why Yak continually got hosed by this organization.

Yak is gone so it doesn't matter if he's in or out of this SO. That train has already sailed. Time to start looking for a new scapegoat.

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
I barely plan to watch the playoffs. Gonna pay more attention to the Jays and get into baseball some more.

Hopefully this team looks completely different come training camp.

MPStoEberletoHall*

I barely plan to watch the playoffs. Gonna pay more attention to the Jays and get into baseball some more.

Hopefully this team looks completely different come training camp.

I'm in the same boat. I've shifted over to the Jays. I don't plan on following the playoffs closely until the conference finals

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Still don't get Korp > Yak or Hall in the shootout. What was McLellan thinking lol.

Just a guess here but I bet Hall pissed Maclellan off with another one of his selfish slashing calls with 7 seconds left in OT. I wonder how many rounds of the shoot out it was going to take before he used him. A teaching moment perhaps?

Oct 30, 2011
A decent game. Maroon needs to practice his shootout moves. :P

Good game by both goalies.

Eberle didn't look decent till 3v3, and even then he was just dancing in a circle and not creating anything significant.

McDavid was mostly neutralized because Van did a good job not letting that line out of the d zone.

Draisaitl's line was good, as was the Hall-RNH line in terms of breaking out and generating chances.

I'm relieved the season is done, as most fans seem to be. I really hope there's some GOOD change this offseason.

Burger Baron

Feb 6, 2013
Vancouver
Was at the game tonight and man was Eberle ever GOD AWFUL.

For a guy who's had questions of whether or not he'll be back next year, he sure seemed like he didn't have a care in the world.

Also, boneheaded penalty by Hall at the end of OT. That stuff doesn't fly on winning teams. If you display that kind of stupidity in times of losing, how do you expect to ever be a winner?

Other than that, good game. Very entertaining!

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
Was at the game tonight and man was Eberle ever GOD AWFUL.

For a guy who's had questions of whether or not he'll be back next year, he sure seemed like he didn't have a care in the world.

Also, boneheaded penalty by Hall at the end of OT. That stuff doesn't fly on winning teams. If you display that kind of stupidity in times of losing, how do you expect to ever be a winner?

Other than that, good game. Very entertaining!

Hall has been awful his entire career for taking backbreaking retaliatory penalties. He needs to be more disciplined.

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012
For what it's worth, I think the Hall penalty is the least of our concerns tonight.

This game could've and should've been a 3-0 or 3-1 win if not for the fact that all of the Canucks goals happened on ludicrous brain cramps and lazy checking.

Oct 15, 2008
Maybe if Yak wants to be in the shootout he shouldn't ask for a trade.

:sarcasm:

Don't think it would matter. Its fairly obvious he isn't fitting in. On ice, off ice, whatever, he is pretty much a complete bust at this point. Will be interesting to see the return, if it means taking on a bad contract or not.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
He should be trying to win the game, not make plugs feel warm and fuzzy.
Maybe the 'plugs' worked hard all year long and did what he told them to do?
I have no problem with coach rewarding guys he thinks deserve it in a game where the extra point means nothing.
Broadcast I was listening to also said Korpse is 30% on shootouts over his career. Not exactly 'plug' territory.
Some players didn't play like they were playing for jobs tonight. The losing mentality runs deep.
As big a fan of the player as I am, and knowing that you can try hard in hockey and still not have bounces go your way, I was disappointed with Eberle's game tonight.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I'm willing to bet that half a dozen guys would have made better attempts than Korpse did. Guy shot three feet wide from five feet out. :laugh:

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
I'm willing to bet that half a dozen guys would have made better attempts than Korpse did. Guy shot three feet wide from five feet out. :laugh:
Sure he made a bad shot tonight, but he's still 7/24 in his career.
Its a non issue that Korpse shoots in the SO. Except for Nail fans who have their noses out of joint because, well, poor Nail.

Forgot to say earlier that I didn't think Talbot covered himself in glory tonight either.

And finally, whoever it was that made the Eberle bet with me (Rpro?), I await my punishment. :D

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Sure he made a bad shot tonight, but he's still 7/24 in his career.
Its a non issue that Korpse shoots in the SO. Except for Nail fans who have their noses out of joint because, well, poor Nail.

Forgot to say earlier that I didn't think Talbot covered himself in glory tonight either.

And finally, whoever it was that made the Eberle bet with me (Rpro?), I await my punishment. :D

Talbot definitely had a forgettable game.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Excited more about what Chiarelli does at the draft and then this summer more than the playoffs. :laugh:

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Another thrown away season finally over. I hope we see some meaningful change this summer, I don't think I can take another season like this.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $865.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $209.00