News Article: It's Jake of course "canucks address forward parting nightclub"

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Between him likely getting a pay raise that would be tough for the team to afford (especially if max 2nd round pick offer-sheet) and the fact he has chafed management/coaching multiple times, I wouldn't be surprised if he's playing for another team within 2 years.

I could see that too ....If Podkolzin turns out to be the real deal, JV could be a trade chip in order to acquire a d-man...He would be a luxury we probably cannot afford.

Reactions: Bob Long

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Time to trade him for No-Good-Bran-son. Just like McCann. :sarcasm:
I'm on board with this.....Canucks have lots of depth on the wing, with Podkolzin, Hoglander and possibly Lind coming.

A trade for a good, young and up-and-coming d-man is what this team really needs. And if Virtanen gets traded to a team in a U.S. market then he can party-down with his buds to his hearts content, COVID be damned.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Oh Jake...

More seriously though, I don't think not wearing a mask is a big deal. Restaurants have re-opened and people do take off their masks once seated. It's not exactly safer to take off your mask every time you need to have a drink and putting it on.

As for not physical distancing, I haven't seen photos or the video. Is he on the dance floor with a bunch of strangers or was he with his group of friends? If it's the former that's pretty reckless. If it's the latter that's ok.

Regardless, what's with all the comments about his intelligence or lack thereof? Why is there a need for these nasty comments? It's like celebrities reading mean tweets. Says a lot about the character of people.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
Am I the only one suprised clubs are open....when did that happen....it being Jake is irrelevant to me cause if it’s deemed safe for someone else it should be for him also.

once he goes into the nhl bubble it’s a different thing

Reactions: Szechwan

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Oh Jake...

More seriously though, I don't think not wearing a mask is a big deal. Restaurants have re-opened and people do take off their masks once seated. It's not exactly safer to take off your mask every time you need to have a drink and putting it on.

As for not physical distancing, I haven't seen photos or the video. Is he on the dance floor with a bunch of strangers or was he with his group of friends? If it's the former that's pretty reckless. If it's the latter that's ok.

Regardless, what's with all the comments about his intelligence or lack thereof? Why is there a need for these nasty comments? It's like celebrities reading mean tweets. Says a lot about the character of people.

The same ones that were likely all over Leipsic, are doing the exact same things right here on this very forum. Life moves fast.

BTW, to answer your question, it's the latter. There are restrictions within the establishment and you aren't allowed to leave your table and mingle with others. This is no different than people going to a restaurant.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Considering the pandemic, social distancing guidelines and his soon to be hockey cohort who will be exposed to him (along with every other human in his life) you would think he would do a better job at this.

More like: This just in: Dumbass is still a dumbass

Nothing he did was wrong. Read up on the restrictions within the establishment. Now tell me how that is any different than you or me going to a restaurant? I'll wait.

Reactions: Mr. Canucklehead

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
Nothing he did was wrong. Read up on the restrictions within the establishment. Now tell me how that is any different than you or me going to a restaurant? I'll wait.

I don't get paid millions to try and win the Stanley Cup.

If the season was not starting soon, I would not mind it.

But it is right around the corner, he has to be more responsible to himself and his teammates.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
The same ones that were likely all over Leipsic, are doing the exact same things right here on this very forum. Life moves fast.

BTW, to answer your question, it's the latter. There are restrictions within the establishment and you aren't allowed to leave your table and mingle with others. This is no different than people going to a restaurant.

How did you know about the restrictions? :sarcasm:

If Jake is just hanging out with his buddies that's fine. We all have our "bubble" where we don't practice physical distancing. Still, seeing videos of Canucks players like Stecher taking the ice and then reading about Jake hitting a club does make me feel disappointed in Jake.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
I don't get paid millions to try and win the Stanley Cup.

If the season was not starting soon, I would not mind it.

But it is right around the corner, he has to be more responsible to himself and his teammates.
This is it...as an ordinary citizen, he hasn't done anything wrong...or illegal at all...As a representative/role model of the professional hockey team..not so much.

Reactions: I am toxic

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
How did you know about the restrictions? :sarcasm:

If Jake is just hanging out with his buddies that's fine. We all have our "bubble" where we don't practice physical distancing. Still, seeing videos of Canucks players like Stecher taking the ice and then reading about Jake hitting a club does make me feel disappointed in Jake.
Public info

notsocommonsense

Apr 24, 2013
This is my opinion - and some of you will call me crazy, but I don't really care tbh.

If the kid wants to go out to a club that is minimizing contact with some friends of his - so be it. Who are we to bi*ch and complain about it?

I think going out to a club and minimizing contact are fairly obvious contradictions

Reactions: Dividejoy

Huggy43

Jan 13, 2016
Burnaby, BC
In the grand scheme of things..nobody really cares..

..but while your incoming teammates are 'holed up' at the JW Marriot following the BC Covid protocol...and you're out on the town in a nightclub (without a mask),..its not a good look.
“Income teammates”
Meaning guys from the States or Sweden. One place is an epicentre & the other didn’t quarantine. Meanwhile Jake has been in BC the whole time, where our numbers are good.

Don’t get me wrong, you won’t catch me out at a restaurant let alone a club. However he’s well within his rights to do so. He isn’t apart of Phase 2 at Rogers Arena so it’s not like he’s risking his teammates’ health & whenever he joins the group at the arena he will do the same quarantine that his incoming teammates have already done.

I also noticed that the reporter who tweeted out the video now has their tweets protected. Hmm

Last edited:

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
“Income teammates”
Meaning guys from the States or Sweden. One place is an epicentre & the other didn’t quarantine. Meanwhile Jake has been in BC the whole time, where our numbers are good.

Don’t get me wrong, you won’t catch me out at a restaurant let alone a club. However he’s well within his rights to do so. He isn’t apart of Phase 2 at Rogers Arena so it’s not like he’s risking his teammates’ health & whenever he joins the group at the arena he will do the same quarantine that his incoming teammates have already done.
read post #36....

"'Some Canucks took to Twitter to decry what they felt was reckless behaviour from the young Canuck, especially as the NHL works to resume a season put on hold by the COVID-19 pandemic.""
Vancouver Sun,2020

I'm assuming from that quote, some players were not impressed either...?

Last edited:
Reactions: I am toxic

BB06

Jun 1, 2020
I'm more concerned about the fact that he looks like he packed on a few pounds.

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
sorry, but I can't believe some of the comments on here. He is being paid millions, he has an obligation to his team to be responsible. Acting like this pandemic is a non issue is irresponsible and stupid. OK, I am little biased, in that I am older and my wife and sister have underlying health issues that make this god damn thing scary. But going to a nightclub and increasing the chance you may not be able to play is just ignorant and stupid. Once again Jake proves that he is just not that smart. He brings a valuable element to this hockey team, but intelligence is not one of the things. Can you imagine what a player he would be if he had EP's intelligence and dedication?

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
On the surface it's not a big deal. He went out. He didn't violate any statutes or anything. Young stupidity sure but for the most part, for most people not a big deal.

However, any time an organization feels forced to put a statement out on something you were doing....well that's not a good thing.

Reactions: Raistlin1022

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
sorry, but I can't believe some of the comments on here. He is being paid millions, he has an obligation to his team to be responsible. Acting like this pandemic is a non issue is irresponsible and stupid. OK, I am little biased, in that I am older and my wife and sister have underlying health issues that make this god damn thing scary. But going to a nightclub and increasing the chance you may not be able to play is just ignorant and stupid. Once again Jake proves that he is just not that smart. He brings a valuable element to this hockey team, but intelligence is not one of the things. Can you imagine what a player he would be if he had EP's intelligence and dedication?
Will his teammates think Jake’s behaviour was selfish? Being young and healthy isn’t there a pretty good chance he could be an asymptomatic carrier? He could infect family, teammates, and any others he’s in close interaction with, right?
Jake has two (kind of) strikes against his personal behaviour during this couple months the league stopped play. What kind of physical condition does he come to camp in?

Bob Long

May 31, 2018
Climax, SK
He can do whatever he wants in his private time like cmon guys.

as long as he's not out of shape at training camp.

its not like it was an underground club, its a place now open under the current rules. If Boeser was on a boat with 4 of his buddies last week do we all freak out? i also dislike the wagging finger of social media.

Everyone is going to get tested prior to re-joining their teams, so the bigger concern I have is if 'fat Jake' shows up to camp, there's no time for players to overcome 3 months of snacking and drinking.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad