News Article: It's Jake of course "canucks address forward parting nightclub"

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Poor decision by Jake, many athletes that test positive for COVID-19 have no symptoms whatsoever, therefore peers are probably underestimating the dangerous of the virus, better to be safe than sorry even if you believe the dangers are overblown.

Last edited:

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
its not like it was an underground club, its a place now open under the current rules. If Boeser was on a boat with 4 of his buddies last week do we all freak out? i also dislike the wagging finger of social media.

Everyone is going to get tested prior to re-joining their teams, so the bigger concern I have is if 'fat Jake' shows up to camp, there's no time for players to overcome 3 months of snacking and drinking.

Boat is open air.

Boeser's buddies stayed at the cabin with him IIRC

Jack Burton

Pro Tank Since 13
Oct 27, 2016
Pork Chop Express
Jake-Virtanen-at-Celebrities-Nightclub.jpg

Is he petting a kitten???

If so who the hell brought a kitten to a night club?

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
It's not a great look, but the bars are technically open so he's allowed to.

Personally though, I think anyone going to bars right now is a dumbass, social distancing or not.
What are the odds Jake shows up July 10 at the proper weight, and in good condition? He’s even said he needs to earn the trust of his teammates. (Was that last October? I think so.)

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
Its not his intelligence, thats unfair. Its just not something you expect a mature person with more situational awareness will do. I would expect Jake to do it, but not say a McDavid or Pettersson. Self awareness is not his thing. Some players will know its risky to party at a time like this, some will know about the optics and opt to play it safe, not Jakey though, Jakes gotta be Jake. As some say, its so on brand that you gotta love it.

Its like that time when my wife and I were dating and Burrows gave her the once over and started picking her up........ with me standing right there. My wife complained that I had a smirk on my face the whole time, before stepping in. I told her that its just so Burrows to do that that I just cannot conceal my smile, ...she didnt really get that.

Last edited:

WhiteCurse

Jan 4, 2013
Canada VI
Who cares, he is following BC rules. Almost all the players just showing up to Van right now have a better chance at spreading it. Jake has stayed in BC where we did a much better job than the USA and Sweden

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
He's coming off an 18 goal season and showed signs of morphing into a legit top-10 pick. He might be at the top of the market. Time for Jimbo to peddle him. Buffalo looks like a good fit. He'd fit in perfectly with Vancouver's expansion cousins.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
He's coming off an 18 goal season and showed signs of morphing into a legit top-10 pick. He might be at the top of the market. Time for Jimbo to peddle him. Buffalo looks like a good fit. He'd fit in perfectly with Vancouver's expansion cousins.
Here’s hoping Jake has a big playoffs. (Doubtful though; he might not even get the call from Green to play.)

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
He can do whatever he wants in his private time like cmon guys.

as long as he's not out of shape at training camp.

I would mostly agree. If the establishment is open and following the rules, he's within his right to go there.

That said, he has to know that as a Canuck, he's going to be scrutinized for his behaviour. This is just inviting criticism. Especially with the context of the pandemic, players testing positive ahead of the Return to Play, and his contract status...like why go to Celebs? You don't see Petey hitting up the clubs in Sweden.

Last edited:

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
Steps on soap box...

I honestly have no concern about what players do in their private lives. They live under the same rules/laws as anyone else. Sure they are public figures and, as such, will be viewed as good or bad role models. It's really up to them whether they care or want to be viewed as one way or the other. As to being in shape, the player will most directly gain the consequences of the amount of work they put into their fitness and craft. I for one am thrilled to see those who work at it way harder than I ever did to achieve fitness and skill levels way above what I ever have. There is no way I'm in any position to be judgmental, especially given that it's completely my choice to pay money to watch or attend. So I'll just say thank you to those athletes who put in the enormously hard work to the benefit of us who are inspired by watching them play.

steps off of soap box...

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
We don't know if that is the case right now, this is about Jake getting shit on for being in a restaurant
Wasn’t it a nightclub? Anyway, it’s just further evidence that Jake doesn’t make the needed sacrifices (off the ice) to be a serious professional. If he has always come to camp in shape, and at weight, this wouldn’t be an issue. He’d just be another NHL player enjoying a night out with friends. However, Jake has not earned that level of trust, because he’s never come to a camp in shape and at weight.
What do you think Green is thinking about Jake, especially after seeing this picture? Could it be Green is concerned Jake will, again, show up to camp out of shape, and overweight? Would Green feel the same concerns if he saw a picture of any other of his players in similar circumstances? Jake needs to earn trust from his coach, teammates, and fans. He hasn’t, so there will be many with concerns about his commitment.

WhiteCurse

Jan 4, 2013
Canada VI
Wasn’t it a nightclub? Anyway, it’s just further evidence that Jake doesn’t make the needed sacrifices (off the ice) to be a serious professional. If he has always come to camp in shape, and at weight, this wouldn’t be an issue. He’d just be another NHL player enjoying a night out with friends. However, Jake has not earned that level of trust, because he’s never come to a camp in shape and at weight.
What do you think Green is thinking about Jake, especially after seeing this picture? Could it be Green is concerned Jake will, again, show up to camp out of shape, and overweight? Would Green feel the same concerns if he saw a picture of any other of his players in similar circumstances? Jake needs to earn trust from his coach, teammates, and fans. He hasn’t, so there will be many with concerns about his commitment.

All places have to follow the same rules right now in BC. It may normally be a night club right now it is closer to a restaurant. They do this to get there employees back working. I guessing the team talked to him to help silent some of the internet rage

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->