GDT: It's Getting Hot in Herrr (Yeo Hot) So Take Out All The Rookies- Blues vs Habs 6pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
Apparently you can have a thread discussing how bad the Jets have played, but you can't do the same when the Blues are involved. Odd.

But, on the plus side, I just did a quick scan of the stats, I'm pretty sure every single player on the roster is a minus on the season. Seriously. That's hilarious.
I must have missed the "discussion" in my brief scan through that thread.

It was deleted by a global mod who is also a Habs fan, for the record, so it wasn't just about censoring. It was a bad thread that clearly was headed nowhere.

If you want to blow off steam about how much the team sucks, do it here. Creating a vent thread on the main boards so it can turn into a **** fest isn't going to fly.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
IDK, I'd role the dice with a youngster like Sheldon Keefe.

DA could completely **** up our window with another poor coaching hire. He'll go back to the vet coach well and specifically to a guy he trusts. Tippett is the odds on fave here imo. Not sure of Sheldon Keefe's rep but I'm positive DA goes with an old guard guy.

Reactions: Bendak

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013
probably but they also need to strip everyone of A and C outside of steen.

this is the weakest leadership overall that i have seen since Brewer was captain. Even dallas drake was 10x the captain that 27 is.
Fine with me. Fire Yeo, dump Allen and give the C to ROR or Schenn.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
Yeo might have an excuse if those six games had been crammed into a short number of days but we have had a relaxing opening with plenty of extra days for him to get the team together. He has no excuses and there is little reason to believe that he can turn us around much less take us to a Stanley Cup.
if this is how they handle adversity in MID OCTOBER, imagine them in APRIL/MAY/JUNE. LMFAO

you either blow this up or you make changes before you dig yourself too big of a hole. we have seen yeo for almost a year now deliver the same product as he is delivering this season so i think its rather obvious that he needs to go. that is the way the ball needs to start moving to get these scrubs to stop being little soft crybabies to play against. you are going to get your ass kicked sometimes but i cant understand why they NEVER seem to fight back, they always seem to just roll over, die, and then pout about it and pop off some crybaby excuses in the postgame. "oh we will fix that next game....we need to play a full 60 guys!!"

no, you need to stop acting like little crybabies, start playing for each other and the logo on the front of the jersey and when some adversity come your way you tell it to piss off and over come it.

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
DA could completely **** up our window with another poor coaching hire. He'll go back to the vet coach well and specifically to a guy he trusts. Tippett is the odds on fave here imo. Not sure of Sheldon Keefe's rep but I'm positive DA goes with an old guard guy.

Ohh I agree 100% and I wouldn't mind Tippett, Army is not going to waste all his hard work just to roll the dice with a young coach. But if he did and he hired someone like Keefe I wouldn't be mad about it.

Reactions: Bendak and mk80

SneakerPimp82

Apr 5, 2003
Saint Louis, MO
I must have missed the "discussion" in my brief scan through that thread.

It was deleted by a global mod who is also a Habs fan, for the record, so it wasn't just about censoring. It was a bad thread that clearly was headed nowhere.

If you want to blow off steam about how much the team sucks, do it here. Creating a vent thread on the main boards so it can turn into a **** fest isn't going to fly.

Ok, so what differentiates that from a thread titled "The Winnipeg Jets look bad"? A thread where largely the same sentiments are expressed, especially on the first page.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
Talking about "urgency" six effing games into the season...just effing wow. Fire Yeo now. Allen probably needs to go as well.
"Playing with urgency" and "playing 60 minutes" are two of the most tired cliches after a loss in hockey.

If Parayko doesn't make that uncharacteristic gaffe and you walk out of there with at least one point, it's guaranteed neither of those two phrases are uttered in the post-game. All of a sudden the story line is about how the team showed character to fight back to tie it up...even better if they manage to get the win as well.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
1-3-2 and we had an extremely easy start to the season. Winnipeg is the only team we’ve played so far who is worth a f***. The rest of them are bubble playoff teams at best. I really am curious how bad this season is going to be. I hope we get to pick in the top 2.

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
I thought Tippett had signed on with Seattle. Pickings are slim at the moment. I’d take Marc Crawford over Yeo however. Lol

He is in a consultant/advisor role. Seattle is at least 2 seasons away from being an expansion team. I think he would be interested in coming to STL.

hey we won a cup
Feb 16, 2017
St. Louis
Lol and don't even begin to think that our schedule gets easier, boys. Ah, flip the calendar to November and gaze upon all those potential L's! :naughty:

Itsnotatrap

Oct 6, 2013
At this point I’d be on board with Army talking Ralph Krueger into quitting soccer, among many other available options.

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
He's a toxic coach no doubt. And he's one of two coaches that's liquid at room temperature
well, one of those worked better than the other

I typically get a funny look when I tell people that all of their body that isn't liquid is frozen.

(Edit: I should say most or possibly even some, but meh)

Reactions: KirkOut and Bendak

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
Ok, so what differentiates that from a thread titled "The Winnipeg Jets look bad"? A thread where largely the same sentiments are expressed, especially on the first page.
"The Jets look...bad" has a tone of sounding surprised, which many people are, and the conversation largely revolved around that.

Your thread was clearly a rant/vent, and the conversation followed that lead. Rants aren't typically considered thread-worthy on the main boards.

I don't perceive them as being similar at all, myself, and the mods that govern that section apparently agree.

SneakerPimp82

Apr 5, 2003
Saint Louis, MO
"The Jets look...bad" has a tone of sounding surprised, which many people are, and the conversation largely revolved around that.

Your thread was clearly a rant/vent, and the conversation followed that lead. Rants aren't typically considered thread-worthy on the main boards.

I don't perceive them as being similar at all, myself, and the mods that govern that section apparently agree.

"The beginning of a downfall?" vs. "High expectations, bottom of the gutter results." That's clearly a rant/vent? Hmm, ok. And again, looking at the rest of the Jets thread, i'm not seeing much difference in sentiment.

Ah well, have a good night ladies and gent, let's hope the Leafs keep the score in the single digits. Peace and bacon grease!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad