GDT: It's Getting Hot in Herrr (Yeo Hot) So Take Out All The Rookies- Blues vs Habs 6pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
I know, I know Kyrou is getting time on the first line, Schmaltz and Dunn are playing blah blah blah. Just work with me here. Also, I know it's probably silly to use a song that came out in 2002 as the inspiration for the title of a GDT in 2018; but 2002 is also the last year the Blues current defensive scheme would have worked. I'm posting the most recent practice lines, feel free to post the official ones when they are made available. It looks like Schwartz will be good to go and Sanford will get in over Thomas (which I am sure will draw no reaction form Montreal fans on this site.) Thus begins an (already) rather important road trip through Canada. Here's hoping it's less this:
giphy.gif

And more this:
giphy.gif

Where:
centre-bell-montreal-canadien-montreal.jpg

Projected Lineups

:blues(1-2-2)

Kyrou O'Reilly Tarasenko
Schwartz Schenn Perron
Steen Bozak Maroon
Barbashev Sanford Blais

Bouwmeester-Pietrangelo
Edmundson-Parayko
Dunn-Schmaltz

Allen
:habs (3-1-1)

Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Drouin - Domi - Lehkonen
Byron - Kotkaniemi - Armia
Hudon - Plekanec - Peca

Mete - Petry
Reilly - Juulsen
Ouellet - Benn

Price

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
Well done with the Nelly reference.

I am not expecting a win tonight, I have mentally prepared for them to lose all 3 on this roadtrip. Habs have been tenacious on their forechecking and our sorry ass transition game is going to be disrupted all night. Plus Jake just doesn't play well in the Bell Center. I'd say we lose 4-2.

Reactions: Bendak

Mar 6, 2012
I've been too disgusted with the team to really pay attention to the daily happenings the last few days...

Schwartz is back and Thomas is sitting out? Yay and ugh?

Last edited:

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
I'm excited by that top line. If Kyrou has that jump that he had at the end of the Anaheim game that line could be very dangerous. I feel like he would be a huge factor on the PP too if he was given the chance, but one step at a time.

Good for Sanford to get in a game. It sucks that it has to come at the expense of Thomas, but I'm happy for him with all of the shit he's had to deal with.

LetsGoBooze

Buium or bust
Jan 16, 2012
I would think the 4th line will be centered by Barbashev, not Sanford. Tonight should be used as a catalyst to turn this team around, we need a multi-goal victory to jump start the boys!
5-2 Blues!
LETS GO BOYS!

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I would think the 4th line will be centered by Barbashev, not Sanford. Tonight should be used as a catalyst to turn this team around, we need a multi-goal victory to jump start the boys!
5-2 Blues!
LETS GO BOYS!
Sanford is tall though :dunno:

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
I'm excited by that top line. If Kyrou has that jump that he had at the end of the Anaheim game that line could be very dangerous. I feel like he would be a huge factor on the PP too if he was given the chance, but one step at a time.

Good for Sanford to get in a game. It sucks that it has to come at the expense of Thomas, but I'm happy for him with all of the **** he's had to deal with.

It finally gets a right-hand shot with Tarasenko too. Vladi did really well with Fabbri, another young, quick, creative winger, so let’s hope Kyrou has a similar effect.

We’ve wanted to see Sanford at center for awhile now, so might as well do it now. I’m sure he and Barbie will switch if it doesn’t work out.

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO

Good for Sanford to get in a game. It sucks that it has to come at the expense of Thomas, but I'm happy for him with all of the **** he's had to deal with.

It finally gets a right-hand shot with Tarasenko too. Vladi did really well with Fabbri, another young, quick, creative winger, so let’s hope Kyrou has a similar effect.

We’ve wanted to see Sanford at center for awhile now, so might as well do it now. I’m sure he and Barbie will switch if it doesn’t work out.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017

Totally agree although I don't really have a problem sitting Thomas for a game. Would be nice if they would give him more minutes, but it might not be a bad thing for him to sit out a game and re-focus. Rookies don't need to play 82 games their first year, he will be fine. Sanford deserves a shot based on his recovery and strong start in the AHL. I bet he will be very motivated to make an impact in his first game back.

I think the Blues will put less pressure on themselves on the road and they will come out and take care of business tonight. Blues win 4-3, boom!

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
I’m at postseason levels of pessimism so I’m expecting a 3-1, 4-2 loss and for them to look ugly doing it.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
I have a strong feeling that we win this game but not in particularly convincing fashion. Honestly I would prefer a loss if I thought for second Yeo would get fired over it.

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I have a strong feeling that we win this game but not in particularly convincing fashion. Honestly I would prefer a loss if I thought for second Yeo would get fired over it.

Honestly, they'd probably have to play like this for at least another couple weeks before we heard any legitimate rumors of Yeo leaving.

thedustman

Jun 19, 2013
While I love kyrou up with senkoreilly, and I love maroon down to the third line, and I love perron up with schenn and schwartz... well actually, i like a lot of what i'm seeing except for Thomas out and sanford in. Barbashev has been so solid on that fourth line though.

Game should be 7-0, but Montreal has been no slouch having beaten the penguins twice, taken the leafs to OT, and just walking all over detroit.

Halak Ness Monster

Nov 11, 2010
St. Louis, MO
I imagine I'm not the only one that is excited to see how Kyrou does on the 1st line with ROR and Tank. I just hope it sticks the whole game.

Sitting Thomas is fine with me. No need for him to play all 82 games. He can learn a few things from the pressbox. Although I bet he's upset that he doesn't get to play in Montreal this year. That has to be a thrill for any young hockey player.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
I think most of the drama is not in whether they’ll lose but how they’ll lose. Thoroughly outplayed? Winning in the third then blowing it? Outplaying them but not being able to convert on scoring chances? So many possibilities.

Reactions: Kohl and Bendak

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Hopefully the Blues can win tonight because we're probably going to get torched by the high octane Leafs on Saturday.

I predict Sanford scores a goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->