Post-Game Talk: It's done. It's over now. (McDavid's x-rays came back negative)

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016

Let's hope for the best

Fingers-Crossed.png

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
Yeah I'm not sure a negative x-ray is a good thing in this situation. Hopefully it's just a contusion but I'm worried about ligament damage.

possibly. though it rules out a "shattered tibia" which is hard to recover from. i'm also worried about ligament damage in the knee but hopefully just a minor fracture which x-rays can miss but MRI or CT scans can better detect.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Hey it's not all doom and gloom. They finished 1 point higher than last season.
Progress!!! :sarcasm:

Hey look, there's Hrudey saying injuries can be worse when there aren't any broken bones. If it were up to him, he'd amputate.

Actually Hrudy is right. Before they showed the replay I was really concerned that Connors knee took the 42 km/hr impact. That kind of injury can be really serious...potentially career ending.
The saving grace is that the impact didn't look like it was on Connors knee.
I am hoping it is ultimately nothing more than a deep bone bruise.

Last edited:

RalphKing

Mar 28, 2017
So... Negative x ray means no broken bones? Then it's a bruise? Doesn't make sense

FanOfSadTeam

Dec 12, 2010
Looks like flames fans on CP are blaming Connor for injuring himself....I guess he shouldn't have moved Gio's stick out of the way. That obviously caused him to fall and smash into the post o_O

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
So... Negative x ray means no broken bones? Then it's a bruise? Doesn't make sense

likely no seriously broken bones. chance of simple fracture missed by xray but might be caught on mri. also mri will be able to image the ligaments of the knee to see if there is structural damage.

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
Derek Ryan looks like he has to take a #2 real bad or his wife is mad at him waiting at home tonight. Guy looks funny in this interview 90% of the time.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Looks like flames fans on CP are blaming Connor for injuring himself....I guess he shouldn't have moved Gio's stick out of the way. That obviously caused him to fall and smash into the post o_O

Kind of fits with the mentality over there.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Nicholson: "So.. I had a look at your x-ray report.. Still game for Team Canada right? I will have you penciled in on the 2nd line to give you a break.'

FanOfSadTeam

Dec 12, 2010
I'm hoping karma takes care of all this and the flames get destroyed in the playoffs.

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
If Lucic was dressed he would have glove slapped Giordano once and then looked grumpy.

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
If Lucic was dressed he would have glove slapped Giordano once and then looked grumpy.
That's a lie and you know it. He would have turned the other cheek because in his mind he's the only one on the team skilled enough to get drai to 51 goals with Connor being gone.

wokwithme

Dec 8, 2017
You forgot **** Giordano for being a dirty piece of ****.

you can blame the nhl for this.
the nhl is basically wimps on skates. there is no real mans game anymore. BUT ice-capades or not, you can basically do anything to McDavid.
Now i can understand with lawsuits and a PC, anti-gladiator, anti-chest punding, society we have now that the return to hard nosed hockey just isnt going to happen but its the officiating that is unbelievable. the inconsistency between McDavid officiating and league officiating is so loud and clear that broadcasters have pointed it out for months. the same broadcasters that the nhl hits heavily with fines for comments against the league.

no other league in professional sports would allow this to happen. its funny but its always been this way and im going to say...the oilers deserve it for not having a deeper team. The main thing is Connor doesnt deserve the health risk of people cheating him into an injury. the NHL could lose a star sshining brighter than anything else in their game. There is no win at all for the league to lose connor for even 1 game. every hockey fan on earth watches connor. no other league on earth would risk that.

the frustrating and head scratching inconsistency in officiating ...combined with the general castration of the sport...kind of makes it hard to watch.

Reactions: RegDunlop

9GWG9

C=NV
Jul 13, 2007
In most cases this play ends with a hooking penalty. Especially in a nothing game at the end of the year.

Add a smug attitude, speed and here we are. There was no way he was getting past him without McDavid going down regardless of the consequences. In days long past things would have got out of hand because of it.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Actually Hrudy is right. Before they showed the replay I was really concerned that Connors knee took the 42 km/hr impact. That kind of injury can be really serious...potentially career ending.
The saving grace is that the impact didn't look like it was on Connors knee.
I am hoping it is ultimately nothing more than a deep bone bruise.

My wife screwed her ankle good and proper a couple years back. The doc who saw her told her it's worse to sprain ankles and tear ligaments than break bones. What pissed me off about Hrudey was how he said it. Amber is trying to be positive about it with a "Maybe its not as bad as it looked" speach and Hrudey is right there to deflate it all.

Definitley looked mid shin. Connor drinks his milk to escape that crash without any broken bones.

Reactions: TB12

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad