Post-Game Talk: It's done. It's over now. (McDavid's x-rays came back negative)

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Missed the game. Glad I'm not as pissed as everyone here is right now due to watching. I look forward to Gio missing a significant part of next season as payback for that garbage. f*** that guy.

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
So now Gio is sitting in his stall without so much as a bloody nose and McD is off to the hospital. Pathetic no one kicked his ***
It's okay, the important thing is we won. We can't have anyone taking any silly retaliation penalties is such an important game.

f***ing embarassing.

Reactions: TB12

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
Missed the game. Glad I'm not as pissed as everyone here is right now due to watching. I look forward to Gio missing a significant part of next season as payback for that garbage. **** that guy.
Don’t do anything crazy to Gio!

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Did you honestly think it would get worse after last season?
I really, genuinely thought that last season was rock bottom. I didn't have any expectations this season but I didn't expect THIS.
There is no rock bottom when it comes to the Oilers, just an endless pit.
I didn't have much hope for this season. And now that this season is over, I have even less hope for next season. If you can't succeed with the seasons Leon and Connor had, you're doing something terribly wrong.

The front office keeps banking on intangible factors (bounceback seasons) and hasn't upgraded this roster once in 2 seasons. With no cap space to do so this year, they're not going to make the playoffs next year either.

This team is hilariously screwed.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Hoping it was the shin bone - which can hurt like shit - and not ligaments causing all that pain.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Man...seeing McDavid go down was excruciating to watch.
Thank goodness the x-rays came back negative. This season was bad enough...having McDavid get seriously hurt would have elevated this season to a level that would have been beyond words. Hopefully the MRI comes back negative as well.

Really great to see Leom get 50...was hoping for 51.

Oh and Koskinen played a strong game.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Did you honestly think it would get worse after last season?
I really, genuinely thought that last season was rock bottom. I didn't have any expectations this season but I didn't expect THIS.
There is no rock bottom when it comes to the Oilers, just an endless pit.

Hey it's not all doom and gloom. They finished 1 point higher than last season.
Progress!!! :sarcasm:

Hey look, there's Hrudey saying injuries can be worse when there aren't any broken bones. If it were up to him, he'd amputate.

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
Giordano didn't do anything dirty on the play. If anything, Connor did by grabbing Giordano's stick. It's just a hockey play. When players live by racing past other players (see: Bobby Orr), injuries are a constant risk.

Okay, so now onto next season:

Keep
McDavid
Draisaitl
RNH (or trade him for two really good players)
Klefbom
Nurse
Kassian
Koskinen (untrade-able now anyway)
Chiasson

Get rid of
All other players
Lowe / MacT
W. Gretzky

Blast into Outer Space
Lucic
Nicholson
Katz

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
You see how quickly Hrudey jumped in and was like “it could be structural damage which is way worse”?

Seriously, I thought he was an absolute tool as a player with his bandana and Hollywood helmet but he’s taken it to a whole new level of douchebaggery as a broadcaster.

E5: he has extra padding sewn into his suits due to all the time he spends on his knees with Flames players. Absolute f***in clown.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Missed the game. Glad I'm not as pissed as everyone here is right now due to watching. I look forward to Gio missing a significant part of next season as payback for that garbage. **** that guy.

We agree for once. ;)

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
might have been a blessing that the upper, thicker portion of the tibia caught the post. mid or lower tibia might have shattered. hopefully more good news from the MRI. maybe a simple stress fracture.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad